• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any chance of the Dragon quest games for ios getting ported to vita?

Rise of mana and dead man's cross getting ported over is awesome. Chaos rings is also getting ported. Any chance of Dragon quest games from ios/android getting ported over? I'll pay whatever they want. DQ8 on vita would be awesome.

Corpekata

Banned
Wouldn't doubt it. SE's been porting a handful of mobile games to a variety of platforms. Seems a bit scatter shot though, so hard to predict.

It would be awesome. Will it happen? Probably not. Rise of Mana and Dead Man's Cross are most likely being ported as a test to see the interest in mobile games coming to Vita. If they do well, chances for DQ8 goes increases. It will go from zero chance to a slim chance if those two does well. In my opinion of course.

AmanoBuff

I've been wondering the same since the Mana announcement. I suppose they'll wait and see how successful this first batch of ports is.

I'd pay unreasonable amounts of money for DQVIII on Vita.
As well as for FFXII HD Vita.

Alex

Vita would be nice but I'm happy with mobile releases if they can do more on par with the release of IV.

My localization woes chiefly sit with X, right now, though it's an understandable situation.

StormKing

If the other ios ports do well, then I can see SE bringing the DQ ports over. Then again it's SE so don't count on it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
4 is great on iOS, only complaint is forced portrait but it's fine other than that.

Portrait mode works well for DQIV since the DS' dual screens translate well to a phone's screen orientation. It would be hilarious if they port the games and have them retain portrait mode on the Vita lol

Syril

Why? What's wrong with them?
DQVIII is apparently locked to a crappy framerate, has a forced portrait mode in a game that really wasn't designed for it, and is totally lacking all the extras that the original ps2 game gained in localization.

I have DQIV and it's actually quite well done. It's still locked to portrait mode but it doesn't really suffer for it. The interface is very easy to use and the font works really well. It even has the party chat that they were too lazy to translate in the DS version.

Megatron

Portrait mode works well for DQIV since the DS' dual screens translate well to a phone's screen orientation. It would be hilarious if they port the games and have them retain portrait mode on the Vita lol

Which leads to the obvious question: How much work would it be to swap them to landscape mode? I doubt SE is going to put much effort at all into these.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Which leads to the obvious question: How much work would it be to swap them to landscape mode? I doubt SE is going to put much effort at all into these.

It's probably too much work for them.

"Square Enix would like to bring DQ ports to the Vita but it will need to make financial sense"

Top Bottom