• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any guys here like John Mayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Well here's your chance to get in on the action!!

ATLm5b.jpg

jm_al.jpg

eek_alt.gif
eek_alt.gif
eek_alt.gif
eek_alt.gif

suspicious_alt.gif

eek.gif

:lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Loki

Count of Concision
Mike Works said:
Any girls here that like John Mayer?

I hope you like musicians who urinate down your throat without telling you first!

Beat it, elitist snob! :D

I like the Mayer stuff I've heard, which is basically the singles that have been released on the radio. And no, I don't douche. ;) :p

Loki

Count of Concision
Hammy said:
wth :lol bizarre

Hah, I didn't even look at those pics when I posted my reply (I have pics set to show as url's). Is he gay, or was he just going for shock factor a'la Britney and Madonna? :p

Don't like his music, but he had some sort of show on VH1 where he tested his own fans stupidity, and later took Trick Daddy out in town to try to expose him to country music. They went to a western bar, got on stage and sang an acoustic version of Trick's "Let's Go."

And then when the credits were rolling, it cut to him at the bar singing "The Humpty Dance" to a crowd of old people.

It was entertaining, at the very least.

Loki said:

Hah, I didn't even look at those pics when I posted my reply (I have pics set to show as url's). Is he gay, or was he just going for shock factor a'la Britney and Madonna? :p

no clue! Can someone put this into context?

hXc_thugg

The Libertines
thelibertines.jpg

Bright Eyes
CONOR_AND_CHUK.jpg

The Blood Brothers

Conor Oberst and Aidan (from Arab Strap)
aidankiss.jpg

As you can see, kissing boys is totally rad.

ZootedGranny said:
And then when the credits were rolling, it cut to him at the bar singing "The Humpty Dance" to a crowd of old people.
Respect +10
The Humpty Dance is underated. People might be saying 'Yeah' now but 10 years from now the Humpty Dance will still live on.

Pimpwerx

Mike Works said:
Wait, so you like it when guys you offer to give head to decide to piss in your mouth instead?

I never would've guessed, Loki.
There's more to this story than you're telling. Mayer's into watersports? PEACE.

I love John Mayer's music. The guy can play awesome guitar and his songs are very easy going and easy to listen to.

Already seen him twice in concert, and have all his CDs.

ShadowRed said:
Damn I'm listening to Room for Squares right now. So is can anyone confirm he's gay or not.

He isn't gay...he used to date JLH...

He's also up for a grammy :rock

Already seen him twice in concert, and have all his CDs.

"Inside Wants Out" is probably my fav.

olimario said:
I liked him at first, but his music has become painful for me to listen to. I prefer Rufus and Jack Johnson.

I've been a fan of Jack Johnson for awhile.

And although I've had some of Rufus's albums for awhile I have never really listened to them until recently. Listen to "Danny Boy" that song is amazing.

CrisKre

I like him. His writing is good and he is pleasant to listen to.

Now the boy kissing phase just revealed to me just adds to my former opinion.

mrmyth

CrisKre said:
I like him. His writing is good and he is pleasant to listen to.

Fuck him and his writing. That song he has out now about daughters - its basically saying don't screw up your daughters because I might want to fuck them someday. Normally I'd support this notion wholeheartedly, but that song also contains a line about "boys you can break, see how much they can take." So, John, coddle the women, beat the shit out of the men? Fuck you.

mrmyth said:
Fuck him and his writing. That song he has out now about daughters - its basically saying don't screw up your daughters because I might want to fuck them someday. Normally I'd support this notion wholeheartedly, but that song also contains a line about "boys you can break, see how much they can take." So, John, coddle the women, beat the shit out of the men? Fuck you.

Well, when you write a song that gets nominated for "best written" like that one is, let us know.

mrmyth

Bacon said:
Well, when you write a song that gets nominated for "best written" like that one is, let us know.

Shitloads of people think crack is the best thing since their last rock of crack. Doesn't make crack a good thing.

He can't write a song worth shit (though he has a nice voice). The stuff he writes would embarrass even Avril Lavinge.

I hope you like musicians who urinate down your throat without telling you first!

open_mouth_ said:
my girl love his music/voice. I think some of his songs are pretty good and he seems like an OK guy.

:D

mrmyth said:
Shitloads of people think crack is the best thing since their last rock of crack. Doesn't make crack a good thing.

Um, crack does a pretty good job at fucking you up, which is what those people are looking for...

He can't write a song worth shit (though he has a nice voice). The stuff he writes would embarrass even Avril Lavinge.

Name a song you think is well written. It doesn't get much better than "Come Back To Bed" or "My Stupid Mouth".

retardboy

ZootedGranny said:
Don't like his music, but he had some sort of show on VH1 where he tested his own fans stupidity, and later took Trick Daddy out in town to try to expose him to country music. They went to a western bar, got on stage and sang an acoustic version of Trick's "Let's Go."

It was entertaining, at the very least.

I liked him on the Crossroads with Brad Paisley. Anyway, I like his music. Good guitar player.

Cafeman

Room for Squares is filled with well written lyrics and catchy, often meloncholy tunes. Body is a Wonderland is probably my least favorite (but its still ok), figures that song would be his 2nd single after No Such Thing.

3 by5 and especially 1983 really get to me, good stuff.

His new stuff -- Daughters is growing on me.

He is a talented guitar player. The way he chords some parts of songs, I can't do it with my bigger fingers. like he plays an A string 3rd fret "C" note with his thumb on that one song (can't remember the title now). He's a big SRV and blues freak, as all good guitar players are. :)

fugimax

Are there MP3's available of him playing the good shit he does?

What I mean is...I'm not a fan of his normal music, but the guy can play some crazy guitar. I know he plays a lot of blues stuff randomly here and there, but is there like a collection of all this stuff I could download somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom