• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop creator, John Wick director, and Studio MAPPA create new anime “Lazarus”

Doom85

shocked holy shit GIF

-Shinichiro Watanabe directed Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy, Carole and Tuesday, Terror in Resonance, etc. and will likely be the director
-Chad Stahelski, director of the John Wick movies, will design the action sequences

Synopsis is in the link. Seems like it has potential to be a cool sci-fi action series.

Mesousa

Banned

shocked holy shit GIF

-Shinichiro Watanabe directed Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy, Carole and Tuesday, Terror in Resonance, etc. and will likely be the director
-Chad Stahelski, director of the John Wick movies, will design the action sequences

Synopsis is in the link. Seems like it has potential to be a cool sci-fi action series.

Theres like 1 1/2 hits in that entire list. Space Dandy in particular was dog shit.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Samurai Shamploo and Cowboy Bepob are among my favorite anime of all time. Spacy Dandy was not really my cup of tea. I did not know that he has made more. Are his other productions any good?

The Lazarus anime also sounds very interesting.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Just a guess this is about the guy JESUS raised from the dead and how he feels invincible after the event and goes on a crusade killing Romans.

Doom85

Samurai Shamploo and Cowboy Bepob are among my favorite anime of all time. Spacy Dandy was not really my cup of tea. I did not know that he has made more. Are his other productions any good?

I never got around to the second half, but the first half of Carole and Tuesday was pretty good. The two leads are likable and have good chemistry with each other, the supporting cast were mostly decent, the idea of musical artists struggling to remain relevant as A.I. creates all entertainment in this future (takes place far into the future where humanity has terraformed and colonized Mars) is a more relevant topic than even back when the show aired a few years ago, and pretty much all the songs slap and there’s usually at least one, if not more, new song per episode.

Never got around to Terror in Resonance. I’ve heard people either really like it or don’t, but even those that don’t seem to agree the show has a fantastic OST.

Portman

Thanks for sharing the trailer. I love the music for the trailer! I was thinking this was one of those announcements where they just had the idea but it seems to be a good ways into development based on seeing a trailer. I've got to admit I'm curious to find out a release date based on the synopsis and that trailer.

otakuninja2006

Neo Member
This looks very good, and I've seen the trailer and stuff on Twitter and YouTube. Definitely looks like they might have a actual hit on their hands, assuming they don't fuck this up.

Pejo

A lot of whether this will be good or not depends on A) How much cheap CG they use and B) Which studio does the animation.

From a storytelling standpoint, it should be great though.

*edit*

Just saw it's Mappa and that there was a trailer. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom