• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Podcasts to recommend?

Stimpak

Does he even game?

If he does, he rarely talks about it.

He focuses more on self-development/character building talks.
It’s entertaining and valuable to listen to his stories as a navy seal.

Additionally, I’d highly recommend the Jordan B. Peterson podcast if you’re (or anyone is) interested in more self-development content.

He gives psychological analysis of old creation stories, why things like morality, responsibility and meaning are the most important life pursuits, and he sprinkles in some jokes on the political climate.

Also, I’ll be checking out some of these video game podcasts.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Beastcast and Easy Allies are the two I like best. Really only listen to them at the gym though as I’m not big on podcasts overall, but they pass the time doing cardio better than music.

Last edited by a moderator:

I used to listen to quite a few but I am down to Easy Allies, the Xone Bros, and occasionally I'll listen to a Giant Bombcast. I listened to the Cagcast for years but stopped a couple of months ago. CheapyD's constant, "hur dur muh orange man bad" and Wombat's "muh anti-semite" got too old. Plus they never know anything about games. Shipwreck is solid though.

Last edited:
ListenUp-Logo.jpg

The 1UP Yours podcast... AKA: the greatest gaming podcast of all time (RIP 1UP):

(Hosted by Garnett Lee, featuring Luke Smith (now at Bungie) & Shane "Mangod" Bettenhausen).

No politics. No rubbish. Just games. I re-listen to these episodes every now and again and I get (re)excited for the seventh gen of consoles all over again. If you have a large gaming library or appreciate video games in general, these are a fun listen. It's also fun to relive the Xbox/PS2 transition to the 360/PS3.

1UP certainly didn't invent the gaming podcast, but they surely defined it and created the foundation for others to follow.

7 episodes into the 2006 series is a good place to start!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Colin Moriarty's Sacred Symbols
Easy Allies Weekly Podcast and Frame Trap
Rand Al Thor's Xbox Podcast
ACG's (Karak) International Gaming Podcast
Mr. Matty Plays HAM Radio Podcast

Since I posted the above, I have added Dealer Gaming's Xbox Podcast and Iron Lords Gaming Podcast to my weekly list of the podcasts that I watch/listen to.

ListenUp-Logo.jpg

The 1UP Yours podcast... AKA: the greatest gaming podcast of all time (RIP 1UP):

(Hosted by Garnett Lee, featuring Luke Smith (now at Bungie) & Shane "Mangod" Bettenhausen).

No politics. No rubbish. Just games. I re-listen to these episodes every now and again and I get (re)excited for the seventh gen of consoles all over again. If you have a large gaming library or appreciate video games in general, these are a fun listen. It's also fun to relive the Xbox/PS2 transition to the 360/PS3.

1UP certainly didn't invent the gaming podcast, but they surely defined it and created the foundation for others to follow.
Definitely going to check this out! I miss the good ol' days of 1UP! :messenger_pensive: :messenger_heart:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Shawn Elliot was one of a kind. Was totally in love with that guy. Most interesting, eloquent, smart, and genuinely funny dude. After 1up I've never been able to find a gaming podcast to fill this void

Last edited:
Top Bottom