• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any reporter brave enough to open the Wii to understand GameCube game loading ?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
20 Pikmin infact.

They surround the smaller GC disc, and ensure it is moved correctly to the middle of the drive.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
They feed on dust, so Wii isn't a good console for OCD sufferers who clean too frequently.

They defecate through the orange port, and this is vapourised into the air by the sensor bar. Which will then collect as dust, and so the Pikmin Cycle can continue.

One thing though, opening the Wii would definitely kill them :(

Jasoco

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Will I have to feed my pikmin? Where will they defecate?
Pikmin bodies consume all matter. They have no need for a bathroom.

Has it been confirmed what color the Pikmin are? Hope it's not the purple ones. They move too slowly. Though if it was the purple ones, they'd only need 2 of them instead of 20. Save a little more money on each console.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I heard they were having trouble growing the purple ones in the quantities required.

Purple Pikmin are the blue diodes of the Nintendo world.

mj1108

Jasoco said:
Pikmin bodies consume all matter. They have no need for a bathroom.

Has it been confirmed what color the Pikmin are? Hope it's not the purple ones. They move too slowly. Though if it was the purple ones, they'd only need 2 of them instead of 20. Save a little more money on each console.

To make launch they had to use red and blue Pikmin. Rumor has it that later next year, they will move to the purple Pikmin.

Mason

Will they be using a firmware upgrade for the purple Pikmin? I don't want to get shafted because I bought a Wii at launch.

Wario64 said:
I'm pretty sure the Wii is mostly just composed of Gamecube components

I think Hellraizah is more curious about how the smaller disc is aligned in the normal sized slot. I'm quite curious about the same thing.

Hellraizah

crestfallen said:
I think Hellraizah is more curious about how the smaller disc is aligned in the normal sized slot. I'm quite curious about the same thing.
I guess you're the first one entering this thread with a brain not infested with Pikmins.

Try a GameCube-sized disc in your car slot-loading changer and people will see what I mean. My guess is that there is a form of triangular mechanism that takes the disc exactly at the right place.

While I love slot-loading design, I have some fears about discs getting stuck in, and the GameCube discs in a normal sized slot isn't very safe in my mind.

Top Bottom