• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any speculation on what the XBLA title will be this week?

Well, I presume it must be one of these already released on partnernet:

Contra
Defender (this came out first, so it could be more likely)
Small Arms
RoboBlitz

adg1034

TekunoRobby said:
Am I crazy or didn't Arne mention something about this week's XBLA release being Jeff Minter related?

That was a "fixed" post. C'MON, MICROSOFT! WE NEED OUR CRAZY, PROFANITY-INFUSED SHOOTERS PLZ THX K BYE!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Oh ok so I am crazy. I could've sworn I saw Arne post that though.

OH WELL NO MATTER, looking forward to Contra.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'm just guessing, one of the posts above already listed all the games that are on the Parternet.

Personally I hope its Roboblitz.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I have not and will not pay for any of Konami's bare-bones lazily-presented Digital Eclipse tainted Arcade releases.

Doesn't it just make you want to scream when you boot one of their games and see that Digital Eclipse logo in low-rez. Makes the whole experience seem crap to me.

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Likley a bit busy played some other game this wed...

Hear that sound? It's me winding up the saw baby!!

john tv

arne said:
For once I know what it is, and it's not a theme pack for Uno. So you all can put the pitchforks and torches back in the shed.
Err, so what is it? Don't tease us and then run off! That's a banworthy offense in some countries. :)

(Just messing w/you, of course. Please don't send Bill's army of the undead to burn down my home.)

arne

john tv said:
Err, so what is it? Don't tease us and then run off! That's a banworthy offense in some countries. :)

(Just messing w/you, of course. Please don't send Bill's army of the undead to burn down my home.)

I'll let you know when I wake up in the morning, ok?

arne

So what was worse, waiting for me to wake up or the now nearly 48-hour wait for some co-op Contra?

arne

alkaline black said:
Dude, that was only like two hours. You must be some sort of machine.

Nah, going back to bed for the rest of my beauty sleep.

The PRs are out, somebody go find them for the details.

watership

Just listening to Major Nelson's podcast and XBLA's Greg Canessa commented a few things.

You can find the GAF thread on the official announcement here

Atari is now on-board for classic Arcade games:

Centipede & Millipede - together at once price.
Battlezone - Multiplayer over live and with Xbox Live Vision Camera.
Asteroids
Tempest !!!
Missile Command
Warlords - Mulitplayer 4 way. Earch player gets a vision camera window.

All games with come with updated graphics along with original graphics. Coming by first half 2007.

2006 "confirmed" list:

Small Arms
Novadrome
Assault Heroes
Heavy weapon
Defender
Contra
- This Wednesday.

So. There we go. :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
watership said:
Just listening to Major Nelson's podcast and XBLA's Greg Canessa commented a few things.

You can find the GAF thread on the official announcement here

Atari is now on-board for classic Arcade games:

Centipede & Millipede - together at once price.
Battlezone - Multiplayer over live and with Xbox Live Vision Camera.
Asteroids
Tempest !!!
Missile Command
Warlords - Mulitplayer 4 way. Earch player gets a vision camera window.

All games with come with updated graphics along with original graphics. Coming by first half 2007.

Centipede/Millipede are one of my favorite classic games. I'd definitely want one with updated graphics and powerups. Something with more effort in it than the horrendous Atari compilation on the DS.

aku:jiki

TekunoRobby said:
Personally I hope its Roboblitz.
Are you seriously looking forward to RB?

Make sure to try the demo before spending the 1200, is all I can say to that.

Granted, I only played around with it for a short time, but it was a stinky piece of shit floating in a pool of vomit.

NME

arne said:
So what was worse, waiting for me to wake up or the now nearly 48-hour wait for some co-op Contra?

THE CONTRA ONE.

Arne, don't blame me for wanting to father your children at this moment.

arne said:
Oh, and that's on the way. Well, not really revamped.
Space Giraffe? I hope that one's good. Oh,
arne, you should tell Jeff Minter that an XBLA version of Tempest 2000 with 5.1 surround would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
:D

FightyF

Banned
AFAIK current MOD trackers support 5.1 sound. So you can have the music support that (not asking for it to be redone, just tracked to support it.

FightyF

Banned
Oh and sorry for the confusion regarding my misquoting of Arne, I did it as a joke...but I suppose it did more damage than good, sorry!

Top Bottom