• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any techy ppl know what causes this on CP2077 please?

Freeman76

This is XsX, Samsung S95b. This is the only game that I have this issue with, everything else runs perfectly.

The ghosting in the top pic happens all over the place, even the back of my car when driving has like a 'trail' effect.

The bottom pic may not be the best example, but surfaces have a fizz to them, it looks horrendous. All shadows have it, the sides of buildings etc as well. There is lots of pop in that has this effect as well.

Ive tried reinstalling the game but it didnt help. Seems its linked to RT maybe? Before I upgraded to Oled it was fine, so I thought it was my TV but other games are pin-sharp.

Just wondering if it has effects that clash with my TV? Messed with settings etc but as I said, other games are fine so I'm at a loss.

JNIvBoE.jpg

Nx4yuW0.jpg

nowhat

It's the "power" of FSR you are witnessing. Not a fan either, it's the same with performance mode on PS5 (Insomniac should license their TI method to third parties, I much more prefer that).

Supposedly FSR 3 should be better, but I don't think any game uses it yet?

Last edited:

Freeman76

AH ok, I thought it was to do with RT! It looks soooo bad how can they not add a toggle for it, or is it not that simple? CP is the only game I've really noticed it on, are there not many games that use it?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The funny thing is that this was introduced when they added fsr 2 support for the game either last year or earlier this year. The game did not have these issues before that.

Another byproduct of fixing something that wasn’t broken.

Reactions: Isa

Thief1987

It's the "power" of FSR you are witnessing. Not a fan either, it's the same with performance mode on PS5 (Insomniac should license their TI method to third parties, I much more prefer that).

Supposedly FSR 3 should be better, but I don't think any game uses it yet?
In this case it's a power of incompetence. UI shouldn't be affected by any upscaling tech because it usually renders in a separate framebuffer and at native target resolution.

Last edited:

nowhat

In this case it's a power of incompetence. UI shouldn't be affected by any upscaling tech because it's usually renders in a separate framebuffer and at native target resolution.
Oh sure, but this is CDPR, they seem to be like incompetently competent with their own tech. While I'm not in favor of everyone moving to UE5, in their case it's probably for the best.

PaintTinJr

This is XsX, Samsung S95b. This is the only game that I have this issue with, everything else runs perfectly.

The ghosting in the top pic happens all over the place, even the back of my car when driving has like a 'trail' effect.

The bottom pic may not be the best example, but surfaces have a fizz to them, it looks horrendous. All shadows have it, the sides of buildings etc as well. There is lots of pop in that has this effect as well.

Ive tried reinstalling the game but it didnt help. Seems its linked to RT maybe? Before I upgraded to Oled it was fine, so I thought it was my TV but other games are pin-sharp.

Just wondering if it has effects that clash with my TV? Messed with settings etc but as I said, other games are fine so I'm at a loss.

JNIvBoE.jpg

Nx4yuW0.jpg
IIRC the game uses dynamic resolution so you might find picking a fixed resolution - for your console while playing this game - that is just below the dynamic low point, so think 1080p would do it, should disable the FSR, as native @1200p would be higher than the output resolution at all times so FSR should get disabled.

Freeman76

IIRC the game uses dynamic resolution so you might find picking a fixed resolution - for your console while playing this game - that is just below the dynamic low point, so think 1080p would do it, should disable the FSR, as native @1200p would be higher than the output resolution at all times so FSR should get disabled.
This was a really good idea but unfortunately it didnt work.

I tried 1080p and 60hz, turned off allow 4k, but made no difference.

pasterpl

Proper and the only way to play this game is on beefed up PC. Sorry but consoles this gen are way behind PCs. The best versions of a game are in most cases on PC.

Freeman76

Proper and the only way to play this game is on beefed up PC. Sorry but consoles this gen are way behind PCs. The best versions of a game are in most cases on PC.
Its just so expensive though. I'd buy one if you get a beefy machine for around £1.5k but its double that, very expensive hobby playing PC

PaintTinJr

This was a really good idea but unfortunately it didnt work.

I tried 1080p and 60hz, turned off allow 4k, but made no difference.
Out of curiosity did you test 720p too? and try 1080p at 30hz? If both of those fix it, then it suggests the game is still using FSR @1080p60 because it can't natively render at 60fps, and is using frame-generation or VRR to make up for it

Freeman76

Out of curiosity did you test 720p too? and try 1080p at 30hz? If both of those fix it, then it suggests the game is still using FSR @1080p60 because it can't natively render at 60fps, and is using frame-generation or VRR to make up for it
I tested 720p, but couldnt do 1080p at 30hz there is no option for that.

None of those made any difference unfortunately but appreciate the suggestions

T4keD0wN

If its TAA or FSR there is nothing you can do. It could also be VRR-BFI if its isolated to just this TV which could be disabled.

GymWolf

Gold Member
FSR and DLSS
it's why I don't like fake frames
Those are just upscaling with fsr being a shitty one and the only one you have on console.

Fake frames is framegen.

(Or people using motion flow on their tv, but we don't speak about those weird people here on gaf)

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

RoadHazard

Gold Member

That's very rarely how it works on console. 99% of the time the game will render at whether resolution it wants to render at, and then the console will up/downscale to the output resolution you have selected (this happens AFTER whatever reconstruction and dynamic resolution stuff the game itself is doing). So even if you select 480p output the game will reconstruct itself up to 4K (or whatever it wants to output) and then the console will downscale that to 480p.

Last edited:

nowhat

I think most of the time, at least for me, FSR 2 works "alright" with the game. Wouldn't be my choice for reconstruction, but it's what we have right now. But there have been a few scenes so far that have so many/large artifacts I didn't think would be possible. Forget ugly edges or smudgy hair, I'm talking like actual errors in the image that even a complete outsider would be able to notice immediately.

Then I googled a bit, and... https://www.psu.com/news/amds-fidelityfx-super-resolution-3-fsr3-will-work-on-current-gen-platforms/

If FSR 3 is coming to Cyberpunk, will it be available on consoles as well? Hope so, as the current "solution" is barely a solution.

Last edited:

Freeman76

Thanks for all the help guys, it unfortunately looks like thats just the way it looks so I'll leave it and hope one day it gets sorted out, I'll buy Phantom Liberty at that point as well.

I would look into the PC option, not only for CP2077 as I was considering buying one for a while, but PC gaming on a 65" Oled looks way too expensive

Top Bottom