• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Wii U owners pissed off the console is getting replaced soon?

Exile20

I understand the console is under performing and all but is anyone pissed off at the fact the Wii U support is ending supposedly soon?

We are still getting DLC for Smash, MK8 DLC finished this year, Splatoon is still getting DLC, X and Zelda is still to be launched.

So what is a good date to launch the NX but still feel satisfied with your Wii U purchase? Or is the launch of Zelda, whenever that is, enough?

Personally I would be happy if we continue to get support for the whole of 2016, then I can let it go.

Admodieus

Of course. It's why I sold all of my Wii U and 3DS stuff after that pathetic E3 showing. I'm not gonna support a sinking ship for 1.5 years

No, I have enjoyed a lot of games in the system and I wouldn't mind if a new system came out today.

I also fail to see the problem here, we aren't getting aa new console for at least a year, so won't the system last for at least 4 years? I'd be perfectly fine if generations lasted that long.

We got the best Smash, best Mario Kart, an amazing Donkey Kong game, the best game of 2015(Splatoon), the best game of 2014 too(Bayonetta 2), Wonderful 101, Mario Maker, Pikmin 3 and many more amazing titles, how could I be disappointed with the Wii U?

And we haven't even gotten Xenoblade, FExSMT, and Star Fox. I fucking love my Wii U and I'm ready for a new generation of amazing Nintendo games.

No, all I was really wanting out of it was Xenoblade and SMTxFE when I bought it. Now I'm ending up with Xenoblade, #FE, Splatoon, Smash, Rainbow curse, Zelda, and a few others. I'm more than satisfied.

Cyryus

Nope, as long as Zelda comes out by early Fall 2016 and the NX comes out Late Fall / Winter 2016/2017, I'll be happy! I got ALOT of enjoyment out of it.

Sanpunkan

It's been out for about 3 years... so no. I upgrade my phone more often. Tons of great games on the platform, and a couple have yet to even be released. Pretty satisfied with the system.

I want Nintendo to have the best console hardware out of the competition to shake things up. If they did that, losing the Wii U would be fair.

NotLiquid

If the home console NX sees release 2017 to have a quality launch window I'll be pretty pleased with the 5-year cycle. If it's 2016 I'd still be fairly okay with it though. Nintendo kept it afloat as long as possible and we got some top tier quality games from them. I wholly respect that.

If they gave up on the console a year or so ago which is what I imagine most developers would have done, yeah, I would be frustrated. But they stuck by it while they could and rode it to the best of their extents. I love the Wii U but I'm happy enough that they're exiting it with confidence.

Sylas

Wat. Wii U support is likely to continue on to 2017. That's 5 years. That's... Well, precisely the amount of time most console generations last for.

Grief.exe

I don't see consoles as an investment, but a sunk cost.

I buy them once there enough games to justify their purchase, and I'm completely happy with the WiiU's existing library, but there are still cool games to come.

I still can't justify PS4 and Xbox One, still only one game between the two I'm interested in.

Pajamas

Just bought a Wii U, and I can say that I am enjoying it quite a bit. It was nice waiting because now there's a bunch of games I bought for it that I can play, not having to wait through droughts to get a new game, and with the promise of Star Fox and Zelda on the way, it all seems like a nice package. Also, there's no guarantee that anything on the Wii U will be compatible on the NX, so the only way to be able to play some of these games might be on the Wii U.

I'm so busy I haven't had enough time for all the games that have come out for it. I'll have mine forever while I work through the backlog.

Phoenixus

I'm just glad Nintendo kept up the support as long as they have whilst everyone else bailed. Gives me a lot of faith in NX that they've learned a few things.

DrArchon

Not at all. I had a lot of fun with the games I got on it. Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, Smash, Splatoon, all amazing games. Super satisfied with my Wii U purchase.

Teletraan1

Banned
I got mine for cheap and I had an idea it would be a short run for this console. I am not so much pissed off but I won't be there day 1 for NX that is for sure. Will wait and see and probably buy it on the cheap again if it is taking the same trajectory as the U.

God no. I've still got Bayonetta 1 & 2, Mario 3D World & Hyrile Warriors to finish. Never mind all the eShop games I've got. Besides, by the time the NX is out and has an appealing amount of exclusives it'll be 2017 at the earliest.

Nah, I'm extremly disappointed with my Wii U and I wish they would let it die already, you know, for something great and exciting which the NX hopefully is.

Sooner than later. So I'm not pissed about Wii U getting replaced soon, I'm pissed at the Wii U itself.

lyrick

I love how Message board Users around the web have firmly concluded shit while the Corporation has remained almost completely silent.

Fucking people man.

Jolkien

Nope. They gave it a shot, they can let it rest in peace now. I wouldn't mind if the NX release in 2016, I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Why would I be disappointed? I've been playing some of the best games of the gen for a few years now and Nintendo has supported some of these titles better and for longer than almost any other franchise on the market. (Activision surely would've halted Splatoon updates by now in preparation for Splatoon 2).

There are features I wish the system had (party chat being number one) but I feel the library of games I've gotten to play has justified the purchase price by this point.

Moreover, a successor coming out doesn't mean the Wii U gets boxed up.

It's not going to turn into a pumpkin the day the NX is announced. We're still going to be able to use it.

Some consoles have long lifespans, some have short ones. It's the ciiiircle of liiiiife.

nom

I've already gotten my moneys worth so I'm happy, and my prediction for NX is mid to late 2017.

Top Bottom