• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else getting absolutely inundated with robocalls lately?

Pejo

I'm not sure if my # landed on a list in the past 48 hours or what, but I've gotten 45 calls in about 5 hours this morning. Most times they're only letting it ring once or twice, and if I manage to answer there's no sound at all and they hang up. I did get a couple that went through to voicemail about buying health insurance or extending car warranties etc. I know GAF has its finger on the pulse of a lot of this bullshit, so I wanted to see if anyone else noticed a huge uptick or if I'm just lucky.

Also, since I'm making a thread about it, anybody have any good advice on how to handle this stuff?

e48dc6abfceee610f1045c0fcc36d071.jpg

e2u58hng1aa31.jpg

images

Yes.

Mistake

Same thing here. Not as many calls, but no sound on answering and they just hang up. It’s a cheap tracphone, so I can’t block any numbers on it. I like to think I have an indian stalker

Last edited:

Pejo

You can use apps like Truecaller to instantly block them.
Thanks, I'll look into this. My carrier also just rolled out a "spam caller ID identification" program, coincidentally just a few days ago. I wonder if they opened me up to calls by adding that feature somehow.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Yup. Really bad the past few weeks. Multiple times a day. I never answer my phone from unlisted numbers, but it's still annoying.

Moogle11

Banned
Living in Georgia the calls and texts have been awful for months now. Will be nice to get a reprieve (as all mine are political) until the Gubernatorial and Senate (Loeffler's seat is just currently up for last two years of the former senator's term) start them back up again in 2021-22. They're all things that get through HIYA unfortunately. I normally have my iPhone set to block calls from unknown callers from ringing, but have had to keep that off a bit for call backs from my doctors and contractors for getting some estimates on some home repairs.

Last edited:

niilokin

yeah I get these prerecorded super articulate calls now, "DO YOU HAVE 2 MINUTES EXCELLENT PLS PRESS 1".

HoodWinked

They seem to come in waves. Now thinking about it I haven't had too many if any in the past couple weeks. When a couple months ago it would be daily.

notseqi

robot whores wanting your circuitry

I sometimes get the ones where it checks if you pick up and then connects you to a human. Thanks for the hang up challenge, got you again!

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I use tmobile, and their spam shield is pretty good, so I maybe get 1 a week, which i add to the block list. Recently i have only received 1 call in about 2-3 weeks. good shit.

TindalosPup

Every single day I get 'em, changing my number a few months ago helped nothing

My phone company detects them at a pretty poor rate, only about 30% are detected. I had an app for it (that also blocked texts) but I ended up uninstalling and just ignoring my phone (I have telephobia anyway and if it's really important they'll leave a message)

Top Bottom