• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody knows anything else about Mass Efect PS3 being announced this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

Loved the first one (ex-master race ftl) but never got round to playing the second one, would buy a PS3 port assuming it's not a horrible mess tech-wise.

Aaron said:
It's actually true. Aside from the annoying cameos, you start over from scratch in ME2. New team, new skills, new bosses, new ship, new everything.

But same old backgroudn, which is very deep. And the plot is the direct continuation from ME1. Honestly, only the characters are new, everything else is very familiar.

onken

duckroll said:
Might be 5 hours. But I'm not 100% sure.

Hmm EA conference is at 4pm CET, which is apparently GMT+1 which should be the same as BST. It's 6pm here now, I'm 8 hours ahead of BST. 4pm CET would therefore be midnight here which is in 6 hours. Unless CET is in fact BST+1 in which case yeah, it would be 5 hours.

Don't you just love timezones?

e~ qualifiers ftw

I think of myself as a savvy consumer but, man, if you write the words 'Mass Effect' on something I will give you money for it. Mass Effect is a PC game to me but I've seriously considered (on multiple occasions) buying the Xbox versions just to have a complete collection. I'm almost hoping the games don't come out on PS3 just so I won't have the temptation, but I want as many people as possible to be able to play them.

So is there any reason that people are taking this seriously?

corkscrewblow said:
After playing Dragon Age on PS3... if true, Mass Effect would run like complete ass on PS3. BioWare are really clueless when it comes to the triple.

ME is UE3, DA is Eclipse.

duckroll

onken said:
Hmm EA conference is at 4pm CET, which is apparently GMT+1 which should be the same as BST. It's 6pm here now, I'm 8 hours ahead of BST. 4pm CET would therefore be midnight here which is in 6 hours. Unless CET is in fact BST+1 in which case yeah, it would be 5 hours.

Don't you just love timezones?

e~ qualifiers ftw

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/central-european-time/

CET is GMT+2 because of Summer daylight savings or whatever.

Shaka

I already played both the games but I would buy them again if this is true. I only have a PS3 and I would like to have some continuation between the two games.

Withnail

Corto

Mad_Ban said:
de-mon best not be lying...

Yes, he better not be...

bonfire_3nh7.jpg

Mad_Ban

Infinite Justice said:
isn't there normally a consequence for this?

if there is, he/she knows and is still confident then i think it will be ok.
I think it's bannable to pretend to have insider information/lie about it.

yurinka

Noisepurge said:
i guess that's a good reason to throw in the safety net :D "... weeks later in a magazine"

But i am a believer!
Yeah, let's hope it's not 800 weeks after GC.
BTW, as a Spanish I don't give a shit about Vandal or Meristation. But de-mon is a nice guy with long tradition in these forums who doesn't lie about things like that.
If he says that is because he really has proper info about it's coming.

Corto said:
Either way it will be entertaining. Win-Win.:D

Not as entertaining for the people that are getting their hope up for this :-(

I hope EA announces it today at their press conference, so I won't have to spend another few weeks waiting for an announcement that will never come :-S

Jerk

Banned
I am so certain that this rumor has no basis in fact that I would be willing to bet my left testicle.

Many a poster will be crying bitter tears later today (or in a couple of week, lol)...

Kydd BlaZe

charlequin said:
The real benefit here is if it means a full 360/PS3/PC day-and-date multiplatform release of ME3.
I don't exactly see the benefit in that. The entire hook to the series is the ability to have your choices from previous games carry over into the sequels. Mass Effect 3, without Mass Effect 1 or 2 is almost pointless.

darkwing

Jerk 2.0 said:
I am so certain that this rumor has no basis in fact that I would be willing to bet my left testicle.

Many a poster will be crying bitter tears later today (or in a couple of week, lol)...
no one learned anything from that Kojima thing

Jerk

Banned
Kydd BlaZe said:
I don't exactly see the benefit in that. The entire hook to the series is the ability to have your choices from previous games carry over into the sequels. Mass Effect 3, without Mass Effect 1 or 2 is almost pointless.

I do not follow...

Jerk 2.0 said:

quoted then for any possible outcome :lol

Corto

pslayer666 said:
Not as entertaining for the people that are getting their hope up for this :-(

I hope EA announces it today at their press conference, so I won't have to spend another few weeks waiting for an announcement that will never come :-S

I'm just being facetious, as I am also hopeful that this comes to fruition (the Mass Effect on PS3 rumour).

big_z

im curious what studio is doing this port providing it exists. as far as im aware bioware edmonton(mass effect birth place) isnt working on a PS3 version.

i expect a lot of bitter tears shortly but either way we'll see a permaban for de-mon or Jerk 2.0 lopping off a testicle.

darkwing

big_z said:
im curious what studio is doing this port providing it exists. as far as im aware bioware edmonton(mass effect birth place) isnt working on a PS3 version.

i expect a lot of bitter tears shortly but either way we'll see a permaban for de-mon or Jerk 2.0 lopping off a testicle.
i'm betting on the fallen testicle

Corto said:
I'm just being facetious, as I am also hopeful that this comes to fruition (the Mass Effect on PS3 rumour).

I suppose you are :p

If all this is true, then I'll have to probably re-arrange my gaming agenda to accommodate for these new entries. On second thoughts, it's for the best they never get released really :lol

I'm joking EA, release the fuckers

Withnail

Jerk 2.0 said:

Unless you work for EA or Sony this seems like a pretty foolish thing to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom