• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody seen or bought the new Xbox 360 at retail?

AzBat

Has anybody been able to get their hands on an official retail unit? It was suppose to ship Monday, but I've yet to see anybody really talking about it.

I'd like to see some better pictures from all sides and especially side-by-side comparisons with 360 Fat & Slim. Also, hands-on would be great. How is the heat, noise, etc? Is the hard drive replaceable? If so, does it use the 360 Slim drive?

I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade my 360 Fat Elite to the newer model. The lack of a price drop sucks though. I'm hoping that changes before XB1 ships.

Here are the official press release pics...

06-10Xbox360EGroupshot_Web.jpg

06-10Xbox360EConsoleSensor_Web.jpg

Found some pics taken on E3 show floor...

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

Anymore real pics? I'll update OP with pics.

Takuya said:

Eusis

I'd like to see a size comparison between other systems, but I'm expecting it's not too favorable. And somehow it seems to STILL be fatter than a PS3, but at this point it's clear it's more due to Microsoft's design call than necessity, just look at the X1 versus the PS4.

LQX

Man, I really hate that shiny part. Also I don't think it looks as good as the current model.

AzBat

I'd like to see a size comparison between other systems, but I'm expecting it's not too favorable. And somehow it seems to STILL be fatter than a PS3, but at this point it's clear it's more due to Microsoft's design call than necessity, just look at the X1 versus the PS4.

Personally I could care less how it compares to PS3 or PS4 as I will never have them. Only thing I care about is how it compares to the 360 Fat & Slim.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man if they'd managed to get it in the same form factor as the PS2 Slim, i'd double dip.

PS2 slim is still the sexiest, most efficient console design ever.

key

There will be people buying these things used, thinking they're getting an Xbone. I really don't know why Microsoft thought this was a good idea.

malfcn

I think they both look fine. The XBO is looking better and better to me. The Matte/Glossy is a odd combo, but still kind of stylish.

matt360

The lack of a price drop really disappoints me. I've all but given up on the Xbox One, and my launch model 360 is about to die for good I think. A 7 year old system with a 250GB hard drive and no Kinect for $299 is bullshit. But at this point I'd still rather replace my 360 than get an Xbox One.

AzBat

wait, its only 4gb? lol

They offer 3 SKUs...

4gb, no Kinect for $199
4gb, with Kinect for $299
250gb, no Kinect for $299

These are the same prices for the 360 Slim SKUs. Basically they just got rid of the 250gb with Kinect SKU which was $399. If you will check online you won't many, if any of those bundles. They're either 4gb with Kinect or 250gb with no Kinect.

I'm still very disappointed in their value proposition. They should all be $100 cheaper. Hopefully once the old Slim SKUs are completely gone they will drop the new SKUs to something more appealing. Price drops have been announced in September at the beginning of school.

Best looking console of the show at least. Though, I have the original 360, and the slim as well. I'll probably pick one of these up in the future when price comes down so that I have a fresh 360 that'll play my RDR whenever I want. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Burai

shitonmychest57
They offer 3 SKUs...

4gb, no Kinect for $199
4gb, with Kinect for $299
250gb, no Kinect for $299

These are the same prices for the 360 Slim SKUs. Basically they just got rid of the 250gb with Kinect SKU which was $399. If you will check online you won't many, if any of those bundles. They're either 4gb with Kinect or 250gb with no Kinect.

I'm still very disappointed in their value proposition. They should all be $100 cheaper. Hopefully once the old Slim SKUs are completely gone they will drop the new SKUs to something more appealing. Price drops have been announced in September at the beginning of school.

148770f9434c580dc6b9b341c3bec184.png

No genuine price drop since mid-2008, just storage bumps and cosmetic redesigns.

148770f9434c580dc6b9b341c3bec184.png

No genuine price drop since mid-2008, just storage bumps and cosmetic redesigns.

My Premium 20GB (349 range) is pretty much dead (disc drive won't eject 90% of the time) and I've been holding out hope for a meaningful pricedrop for too long :(

Don't even know if I'd bother now or just ride it out for 6 months without a console if it goes.

sholvaco

Neo Member
Is there a way to get a bigger hard drive into one of these (even if I have to pay M$)? I'd love to get one of these and buy all the X360 exclusives and arcade games digitally to last me through next generation's year one issues.

FrankT

That a mic jack in the back?

Anyhow yea haven't seen them yet.

Also really expecting price drop end of summer/fall.

muzzymate

Top Bottom