• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else feel that the rest of year is quite barren and/or quiet AAA wise?

TheTwelve

Then you either play one game a year or the year was already shit game-wise for you to begin with.

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuge Witcher fan. Some games come along that are the very reason you game, other games are just filler until you get to those games. At least that's how it is for me. Among my favorite franchises, only the Witcher 3 was announced for this year and now that it's delayed until 2015, 2014 is just filler for me.

JCX

After finishing Second Son, I realized that I'm not anticipating any other PS4 games this year. I expect E3 to fix this.

Still hyped for Smash and X though.

Some Nobody

Pillars is q4.

How does that help this year? E3 will bring games for 2015 and beyond, not for another 6 months of 2014. It's only Nintendo that do that.

There's reason to believe this won't be the case for 2014. Primarily the lack of games announced so far.

Wut-babka.jpg

Wat.

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Destiny
Deep Down
Alien: Isolation
Evolve
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Batman: Arkham Knight
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
DriveClub
Dying Light
Quantum Break
The Crew
The Order 1886
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Maybe X and Zelda U
Uncharted 4

Without counting a new CoD and BF. I'd say there are plenty of AAA games to look forward to this year.

Not the best year, but i think i`m alright. For me its:

TLoU PS 4
Metro Redux
GTA 5 PS 4
Dying Light
The Order 1886

And i`m thinking about a Wii U for DKC and MK8. We will see.

orochi91

Wat.

Watch Dogs
The Evil Within
Destiny
Evolve
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Dragon Age: Inquisition
DriveClub
Dying Light
Quantum Break
The Crew
The Order 1886
Bayonetta 2
Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Maybe X and Zelda U

Without counting a new CoD and BF. I'd say there are plenty of AAA games to look forward to this year.

Lol, precisely. OP, you need to do some research before asking questions like that;
it comes off as premature. If you aren't interested in most of the stuff listed in this
thread, then that's a separate issue entirely. The quantity and quality of AAA
games being released this year are outstanding, especially this early in the gen.

KORNdoggy

Too many games this year for me. I potentially going to buy all this.

Diablo 3
Evil within
Dying light
Destiny
Division
Watchdogs
The order
Driveclub
Alien isolation
Wolfenstein
Dragon age
Batman
Assassins creed unity
Evolve
Middle earth

And i'm pretty sure i'm missing a few on there too.

I'm more then happy with this years offerings.

QaaQer

I honestly feel the same.

I think something broke inside of me around early 2013 and I noticed how same-y,predictable and stale most AAA games have become.

I don't even know why I bought a new console...at least I didn't drop a bunch of money on a new PC. I'm glad I have some stuff from last gen to play + the odd ninty game.

I think it comes down to publisher expectations, budgets, and the supreme importance of metacritc. That is the recipe for ultra-streamlined and risk-free gameplay, created almost solely to appeal to the critics who work for outlets with slots on metacritic. Sessler, for example, is hoping to cash-in on that fact by telling game-designers what types of things will get critics aroused and what wont.

But that is ok because there are other places where that doesn't apply. LoL and Dota, for example, exist and are sucessful because they are separte from that system. If they were $60 packaged games that had to pass the 20-40 year old game writer test, they would have failed spectacularly. We've also still got some small-in-scope handheld games, indie PC games, etc etc. So there still is cream, it just wont be on console or require the latest graphics card/cpu.

As an aside, it is pretty telling, imo, that the last two consensus GOTY were GOTY in spite of the actual gameplay (last of us + walking dead).

ZSeba

I fully expect 2015 to be better than 2014 for five reasons:

-Uncharted 4
-FFXV (pls)
-Mighty n 9
-Witcher 3
- Delays from 2014

Banned
I'm more bothered by the gap from April to August. My ps4 pretty much gets nothing until September with Destiny, The Order, NHL, and then the Xmas explosion.

Luckily I got a Wii U with DKCTF still sealed, mario kart 8 on May 30th, Bayonetta 2, Smash and X coming this year.

AHA-Lambda

Lol, precisely. OP, you need to do some research before asking questions like that;
it comes off as premature. If you aren't interested in most of the stuff listed in this
thread, then that's a separate issue entirely. The quantity and quality of AAA
games being released this year are outstanding, especially this early in the gen.

That still doesn't take away from the fact that there have been less announcements at this point in the year compared to other years.

If Evolve, Evil Within and Dragon Age 3 are all good, it'll be a fantastic fall for me personally, and much better than the latter part of 2013 IMO.

Top Bottom