• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else interested in Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games

kunonabi

I am. I prefer Summer Sports but the figure skating mode looks hilarious and I'm interested in the new events. The last game was pretty decent but I think this one could be great.

Exile20

The graphics look very clean and nice and best of all the games look fun as hell.

I am intrigued by the bullet bill video.

GetemMa

I needed another Wiimote+ for Wii Sports Club's release.

So I just decided to get the Mario and Sonic Olympc games bundle.

seems like a good deal and imo the game looks like it could be fun in small doses.

Exile20

Completely forgot there was a bundle

mario-sonic-at-the-sochi-2014-winter-olympic-games-bundle.png

daxgame

Preordered it when they talked about the online in detail. Only big concern to me is that the framerate was shit in the E3 build. If that's fixed, I'm on board.

I never thought I'd buy one of these but man, this looks pretty fucking good. Ill probably snag that bundle. Since I'm on my phone right now and my connection is being shitty,does anyone know what the MSRP is?

tebunker

Banned
So will there be a mode for me to protest Russia's silly politcal process and some of the terrible laws they have passed?

I have never bought a Mario/Sonic olympics game, not sure if I would now, I guess I will have to see if my son can do some of the events first

Dereck

I guess I'm not completely understanding why we constantly get these games, but no Mario Soccer or Mario Tennis games on the Wii U.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Best Buy demo I played was actually pretty fun. The first one was great for multiplayer, might rent this one for the holiday season.

Berordn

Is it just me or is this game actually pretty impressive graphically? Who developed this?

The framerate's pretty choppy and inconsistent, even when there's not much going on. Turned me off of it completely when I saw it on a demo unit.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The framerate's pretty choppy and inconsistent, even when there's not much going on. Turned me off of it completely when I saw it on a demo unit.

Doesn't look that bad in the latest videos.

On topic, I am interested, I will do the OT maybe later or on Saturday.

NickMitch

Looks quite fun but im a bit worried by the fact that everythig seems so slow.... Dat bullet bill pod racer would be awesome with more speed....snd dont even mention the freestyle skiing.....will wait for reviews or gaf impressions before purchase

Madao

This comment makes it sound like the Wii U has been out for years, and has several Mario & Sonic games already.

seeing how the Wii never got a proper Mario Golf/Mario Tennis despite both sports being among the sports included in the Wii's Killer app, i wouldn't be surprised if people are still bitter about that (i still am. such a wasted opportunity) and there's more Mario&Sonic olympic games than console Mario Tennis or Golf games recently (the last console Mario Golf was over 10 years ago and Tennis only got a bad port on Wii. on the portable side, we've had only 1 Tennis game between last gen and this gen).

This is just a B game with the Mario theme tacked on isn't it?
As opposed to the earlier M&S games?

Music's great at least. Guess not now that the Wii U is saturated with platformers, but sometime in the future I wish this minigame series leads into a proper platform cross-over
that EAD Tokyo develops instead of Sonic Team

NewGame

Banned
I've played most of the S&M games and even though they don't appeal to me the games are very nicely designed and well constructed, esp for multiplayer.

Exile20

I was judging from a demo version of the game on a unit in Target that was updated the day before. Is that not "latest"?

An updated demo is in Target now? How do you know it was updated?

These videos dont have frame rate issues and these are from the retail version.

Berordn

An updated demo is in Target now? How do you know it was updated?

These videos dont have frame rate issues and these are from the retail version.

I didn't say it was an updated demo, I said the kiosk was updated. The Mario & Sonic demo was one of the new additions to it and replaced NSMBU's demo. It's has three events, and it's choppy as fuck.

If that's not representative of the final, then that's a a stupid move on their part. And those videos might not have the crazy dips that the demo had, but that could just be an effect of Youtube's encoding.

Top Bottom