• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Akim

Banned
Off topic, but did anyone else preorder from Walmart and have a delivery date of 1 week after release? If it doesn't change I'm probably going to cancel. I ordered for in-store pickup by the way.

Has this been posted yet?

nvTrInJ.jpg

heres mine.

Are you me?

I have 2 switches pre-ordered but I'm still trying to convince myself to just cancel or sell them at cost to people on craigslist when it comes out.

Thankfully its looking like i wont hate this system. I mean i do already hate the accessories pricing and the fact that external hdds are not supported while docked and the fact it doesnt come with the charge grip and the fact they have yet to say anything about backwards compat for older store purchases.....besides ALL of that the new zelda looks stunning and the new Mario looks like the Mario i have been begging for since Mario 64. I have no problem paying 300 for a system for 2 games....yes i am a weirdo

Ogodei

I was tepid and am now feeling a bit more excited.

Hyrule Warriors is helping me get hyped for Breath of the Wild, at least.

Socivol

I'm cancelling mine. Nothing really coming out for it besides Zelda I would be interested in and I can get that on my Wii U.

Sanke__

No
Still super conflicted

If I believed Mario odyssey would be out this year I would get it instantly without hesitation but I really don't trust Nintendo

I want it for Zelda but I could just get it on Wii U
There is a very good chance that would be the only switch game I played all year and that would make me sad

mlclmtckr

Banned
I'm still super hyped. Can't believe it's only fifteen days now.

But I have a PC and never had a WiiU so I guess I'm right in the sweet spot for this thing.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Here's what I wrote in another thread:
Buying things is fun, new technology is exciting.

I canceled my Switch order a couple of days ago because the only reason I wanted one was exactly because it was new tech - but not because I looked forward to the software. In fact, the games announced for the Switch were the big turn off.If I wanted to play the new Zelda I could get it for my Wii U instead and that was one of my Nintendo consoles that I hardly ever turned on. The only Nintendo game I absolutely loved was Xenoblade, a game I started and finished on my PC using an emulator.

The Switch is not for me. I won't ever use it out and about, I only play games at home on my big screen HDTV. It has tons of functionality I don't care for (HD Rumble), it's underpowered, it won't have enough software I'd like to play, etc etc. It will just be a $300 paperweight,so why keep the pre-order?

Another thing: don't have much time to play games, I've got eight Wii U games that I have never even taken out of the plastic and I'm far more excited about Horizon: Zero Dawn than I am about a new Zelda. Spending 400+ euro on a Switch, Zelda and a Pro controller is a waste of money when it only gathers dust.

Just lucky is all. However, I have no games so all I can do is flip through the menus.

How is this not bigger news, if true?

That said, I have a preorder that I don't want anymore if anyone needs o a gray model with a pro controller and the LE zelda bundle. no scalping, 100% my cost and not a penny more.

I second Sendou here! Give us screens/video of the OS! Nintendo hasn't felt like detailing that so we're dying to know! That's honestly worthy of its own thread.

I will grab some video of the menu. I have been afraid to take it online in fear of getting the store that shipped it early in trouble with Nintendo.

JMY86

Absolutely. I have done a complete 180 since the reveal. I have no doubt Zelda will be amazing but the rest if the year looks goddamn awful until Mario comes out. Indie shovelware and Wii U ports do not interest in the least. I still have my preorder but I am pretty sure I will cancel it. There is just not enough for me to justify the close to $500 buy in on the Switch.

Aranjah

About 15-20% of me wishes I had gotten a preorder so that I don't have to avoid Zelda spoilers until July or so when I actually plan on getting one
and so that the copy of Switch Zelda I did preorder wouldn't be taunting me until then, since I couldn't not get the specal edition and I knew that'd be long gone by July
. But I will continue to resist the temptation (it being sold-out everywhere is helping a lot with that, heh).

Certinty

I change my mind every day.

I mean I want Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 but I don't see them 3 justifying an overall cost of £400.

But at the same time I like to play in bed and wouldn't mind taking it out.

I think I'll keep my preorder and maybe look to sell my dock and joycon grip. If I can get a decent amount for those I wouldn't mind biting.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Still wondering if I should cancel my pre order or not. Money is a big factor here. Not going to red numbers but I would need to be careful for a few weeks.

Unless you're super excited for it, I'd cancel it. It's generally unwise to buy things like game consoles when money is that tight as you're in trouble if something happens you need cash for unexpectedly. Much less if it's something you're not uber hyped to have day one.

I bought the wii launch day and couldn't wait and ended up hating it
i bought the wii u launch day and couldnt wait and ended up hating it
i have neon switch preorder and cant wait........

Lol. I did that with Wii, I didn't get a Wii U for a long while, but still didn't like it much when all was said and done, but still better than Wii.

My hope here is that getting all their games in one place would finally give me enough library to make me not regret the hardware--3DS and Wii U together were great, individual not so much as there's a lot of their exclusives I don't like. But that's something to wait and see how the library pans out before buying another Nintendo platform.

Guys,what are the chances i could find a Swich on stores the first few days? might to US in march

I'd try Best Buy launch morning (or midnight if you're story is doing midnight launch). They tend to get the most Nintendo stock, should have units from people like me who preordered for in store pick up and decided to cancel as well.

You could probably make some money selling impressions to a media outlet or rake in some youtube ad money!

Yeah, Im honestly thinking of selling it. I am selling my house in a couple weeks and repairs that the buyer requested are draining my bank account quickly. But I will take some videos in a few minutes.

Sanke__

I change my mind every day.

I mean I want Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon 2 but I don't see them 3 justifying an overall cost of £400.

But at the same time I like to play in bed and wouldn't mind taking it out.

I think I'll keep my preorder and maybe look to sell my dock and joycon grip. If I can get a decent amount for those I wouldn't mind biting.

You might be able to get a solid $100 for the dock if individual docks aren't available at launch

Yeah, Im honestly thinking of selling it. I am selling my house in a couple weeks and repairs that the buyer requested are draining my bank account quickly. But I will take some videos in a few minutes.

You could probably get $1000 on eBay pretty easy if you do it quickly and could get it delivered by Saturday

You might be able to get a solid $100 for the dock if individual docks aren't available at launch

You could probably get $1000 on eBay pretty easy if you do it quickly

Yeah, Im kinda afraid Nintendo might come after me and the store that sold it if I put it on ebay. On a seperate note, anybody have a suggestion on an easy way for me to upload the video I just took with my phone?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Can't wait to see the video of the most well kept secret of Switch, the UI.

Yeah, Im kinda afraid Nintendo might come after me and the store that sold it if I put it on ebay. On a seperate note, anybody have a suggestion on an easy way for me to upload the video I just took with my phone?

MP4 on Mega or google drive and gifs can upload after that- thanks for doing that, thats pretty awesome of you

Also why would you worry about Ninty coming after you, you didnt do anything wrong, and I can't imagine they can go after the store if you were to play dumb, but who knows with them

I've been lukewarm about it. It doesn't help that I already got/am getting over the next few months:

RE7
Tales of Berseria
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Persona 5

So I ask myself, do I need Zelda day 1? As much as I liked that last trailer, I would be fine waiting for this Christmas. However if Nintendo threw out some surprises that were coming out sooner then I'd hold onto my preorder. There's only a few weeks left for them to do something.

georly

Yeah please mess around and post screenshots of all the menus and options if you can. And obviously if you can attempt to access eshop.

No
Still super conflicted

If I believed Mario odyssey would be out this year I would get it instantly without hesitation but I really don't trust Nintendo

There is a very good chance that would be the only switch game I played all year and that would make me sad

The last mainline Mario game to get delayed was Mario 64, because the Ultra 64 was delayed.

Sunshine might have had a number of internal delays, depending on when it was officially a Gamecube project called Mario Sunshine. It came out one year after the first public reveal.

Mario Galaxy was originally just 2007, until they clarified it as winter 2007, which it hit. SMG2 came out on time, too.

Mario 3D Land and Mario 3D World both came out the same year they were revealed. Iwata revealed 3DL at GDC 2011, it came out that winter. 3D World was announced at E3 2013, it was released that winter.

So what are you talking about

MP4 on Mega or google drive and gifs can upload after that- thanks for doing that, thats pretty awesome of you

Also why would you worry about Ninty coming after you, you didnt do anything wrong, and I can't imagine they can go after the store if you were to play dumb, but who knows with them

Yeah, I am only worried because Nintendo does some weird stuff some time. And yeah, it isnt like I grabbed it off the back of a truck or anything, I just happened to get lucky because unnamed store decided to ship early for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I've been lukewarm about it. It doesn't help that I already got/am getting over the next few months:

RE7
Tales of Berseria
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Yakuza 0
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Persona 5

So I ask myself, do I need Zelda day 1? As much as I liked that last trailer, I would be fine waiting for this Christmas. However if Nintendo threw out some surprises that were coming out sooner then I'd hold onto my preorder. There's only a few weeks left for them to do something.

Really the thing to ask yourself is whether you'd have time to play any surprises they announced before Xmas anyway given all the lengthy games in your list.

MisterR

Thinking seriously about cancelling mine. There is nothing outside of Zelda that I have any interest in until Mario comes out. Maybe just wait until the first price cut and see what it looks like then.

Ummmmmmm.....OK?

Holy crap, that's 14 days early. That's a lot sooner than I thought some people would get theirs.

Too late to cancel your preorder I guess!

No
Still super conflicted

Mario games don't get delayed, and Koizumi already said the game is finished. Nintendo doesn't say a game is finished if they're going to delay it.

Top Bottom