• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone have a fire stick or Apple TV plugged into xbone?

Norse

I'm thinking of cancelling my cable TV and subscribing to direct TV now. Thing is, I use my xbone to control my cable box. The TV guide on Xbone is way better than the cable box one. So, any of you out there run your Apple TV or Amazon fire stick through your xbone? The direct TV now app isn't available on PS4 or xbone yet.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've plugged my AppleTV into my Xbox one before. Aside from a few ms of extra lag when moving through menus there hasn't been a problem. Once the show starts it's all good.

Lately I've been running a Raspberry Pi through it since my Xbox is attached to one of my monitors and I got tired of swapping the cable. It's pretty cool.

Lort

Banned
I ran my apple tv in to xbox for years works great .. so u can airplay to it whilst still getting xbox notifications. Note the xbox input dosent support 4k.

I run my pc into it now and that works great to :)

bobbyphunk

Neo Member
Tv guide doesn't matter when you have the Firestick plugged into the input slot on the xbox one. The Live tv option on the xbone dashboard is the firestick menu.

Personally its a nice option and kodi, mobdro and any other video streaming service is nice option/ install when using the Firestick

Top Bottom