• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone move from US to Germany?

Azurro

Banned
This might vary from region to region. Here in Hamburg, it's normal to have a daily standup meeting in English, for example. Or to have every single meeting be in English. Berlin is similar.
Because of this, there's no point in requiring fluent German on a professional level. It just reduces options with few (if any) benefits.
Might be that a lot of companies like to use German language proficiency as a filter.

C1 German is pretty hardcore as a requirement, tbh.

Yeah, I always thought I got unlucky with the companies I applied to and ended up having to conduct the interview in german. Also it's a bit my fault, as I didn't research enough about each company. In any case, I ended up in Prague and I'm actually much happier than if I had ended up in Berlin or Hamburg (even though they also sound really cool).

In any case, it was tough to arrive here, even with a few years of experience, good CV and good education, it's not a certainty you'll find a job.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Yeah, I always thought I got unlucky with the companies I applied to and ended up having to conduct the interview in german. Also it's a bit my fault, as I didn't research enough about each company. In any case, I ended up in Prague and I'm actually much happier than if I had ended up in Berlin or Hamburg (even though they also sound really cool).

In any case, it was tough to arrive here, even with a few years of experience, good CV and good education, it's not a certainty you'll find a job.
Prague is legendarily awesome, you got lucky.

Top Bottom