• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone play co-op games with the wife?

Kingpen

I need a 360 game to play with my wife... I was going to do Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance on backward compatibility, but it turns out that game is rare now and is going for 50 bucks used..

Maybe I will get the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.... Although I would rather have a dungeon hack.....

She loved the Champions of Norath games....

Any suggestions?

kojacker

Thread title disappoints, back to my threesome.

EDIT: Though, my ex liked to play the Donkey Konga co-op with me. Not exactly the style of game or even system that you had in mind..!

Kingpen said:
I need a 360 game to play with my wife... I was going to do Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance on backward compatibility, but it turns out that game is rare now and is going for 50 bucks used..

Maybe I will get the new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.... Although I would rather have a dungeon hack.....

Any suggestions?
The team that made Champions of Norrath has a game coming out next week, Justice League Heroes. That has Co-op.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
PSU or Marvel will be your best bet for next gen stuff

goldenpp72

Kameo has co op and is fun, and it obviously would have appeal to a woman. Also I beleive viva pinata will have 2 players right? :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Doom.png

Not married, but my friend plays GRAW and pretty much any XBL game we play together with his wife as well. She's really cool, and a damned good player to boot...

PkunkFury

What is with women and champions of Norath? My girlfriend also loved Champions of Norath and played through the whole game with me on co-op. However, i can't get her to touch any other games unless they are rhythm games or Animal Crossing. I even bought her Diablo II after we finished, but she wouldn't play. It's practicly the same game but better!!
I'll be watching this thread for suggestions, maybe I'll try the Marvel games

Kingpen

all stupid responses aside.....

I think I will go with Marvel Ultimate Alliance... maybe check out Kameo as well..

Can be anything too complicated...

Lakitu

st5fu
I usually play versus games with my gf, since we're quite competitive. but what's even worse is that she always beats me. She has her usual methods of distraction, and I always fall for it. I'm a man, I can't help it :(

Kingpen said:

Any suggestions?

Id suggest World of Warcraft.

(nothing decent on 360 yet, hack n slash wise)

mosaic

go eat paint
I played co-op with your wife! AM I RITE?!

(Seriously tho... nah... the gf is all about competitive Tetris and nothin else)

DCharlie

Banned
need a 360 game to play with my wife... I was going to do Baldurs Gate II Dark Alliance on backward compatibility, but it turns out that game is rare now and is going for 50 bucks used..

the first Star Wars Lego is really fun and a decent two player blast.

the Dungeons and Dragons xbox game from an age ago is dungeon hacking by the numbers but is pretty decent (we at least finished it)

Halo 2 is worth a punt too - the wife loved that :)

aku:jiki

Lakitu said:
I'm a man, I can't help it :(
Psssh. A real man can ignore that shit. I had a girlfriend that would try anything...and even with lips on my penis I'd beat her ass down in Tekken like we were mortal enemies. Women need to know their place!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ronito said:
oh come on. Lego Star Wars is perfect for this sorta stuff. My wife and I played that tons.

That's what I was gonna say. Can't get any easier than Lego Star Wars.

Flambe

Yep, it's awesome =) Played Neverwinter Nights a lot with player mods/servers, World of Warcraft/Everquest/Meridian 59.

scofield

yeah, champions of norrath and dark alliance seem to be the real winners... they seem to like hack and slash games, especially when they can get away without worrying too much about things other than move, and attack (not being sexist). mario party and warioware also go over well, maybe mario tennis too... and mario kart... well (almost) anything mario :p beatmania and guitar hero also seem to be winners... and donkey konga of coz... tried one of the marvel hack and slash games and it didn't go over well, i guess it was that first one that you guys are putting down. there's also a fallout game in the same vein as norrath/dark alliance... it was alright... but also didn't go over too well.

really, it's an area of gaming where things are pretty lacking... and i'm not 100% sure the developers are to blame... pretty hard to make something co-op that both sexes can enjoy... especially if playing skill levels are far apart...

you can always con her into trying WoW, if that's something you would enjoy... seems pretty hit or miss, but it seems to me that it's a fairly popular-ish genre among women. at least, compared to other genres... i'm sure the male population still dwarfs the female :p

Aaron

Monkey Ball is a versus game essentially, but it's a lot of fun for two players, and open to people of just about any taste. Of course, it's BC.

Played both Baldur's Gate games with the wife, as well as both Champions of Norrath games. Will probably get Justice League (just because of Snowblind) and maybe the Marvel Ultimate Alliance if it's good.

She hated the first X-Men and won't even look at the second, no matter what I tell her.

From recent memory, add another to Lego Star Wars. My girl and I went through the demo for the second one, and she loved it too!

Scenester

aku:jiki said:
Psssh. A real man can ignore that shit. I had a girlfriend that would try anything...and even with lips on my penis I'd beat her ass down in Tekken like we were mortal enemies. Women need to know their place!

Ooooh yuck what a gross, offensive comment
you play Tekken OMG

sspeedy

asshole comment.

anyway, i love to play co-op. favourites were champions of norrath and the baldurs gate games on the PS2. Mario Kart, but that's gotten old. Guitar Hero 2 co-op should be awesome.

My friend hates fps games, but I just picked up Darkwatch for PS2, and we're having craploads of fun with co-op mode... of course, the first 30 min's were weird, since we don't even touch fps games. Try it, I picked it up for $17.

demi

I just tried playing Co-Op GRAW with my boyfriend on XBL and it made me hate gaming even more.

Ok, maybe just the game.

I don't have a boyfriend.

Anymore.

radjago

We <3 Katamari!

It's a great exercise in communication.

I also second both Lego Star Wars games, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I/II, X-Men Legends I/II, the Champions games, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Maybe Doom or Halo if she's hardcore. Frogger has coop too and she's probably familiar with the game.

oddigy

My husband and I (he's not into the whole posting on Internet message boards thing :lol ) have played a bit of Lego Star Wars 2 together ... but I hafta warn you, it can be damn frustrating, especially when one person wants to run one way and the other wants to run the other way. Let's not even mention the possibility of lightsaber battles to collect the other player's 'studs' :p Then there's always the issue of "but I don't waaaaanna be Chewbacca AGAIN!! I wanna be Han Solo!" etc, etc. ;)

Nah, it's not really that bad. Put in my vote for Lego Star Wars 2.

snaildog

Timesplitters 2 is the most fun I've had co-op. The missions are quite varied, and you can come up with neat ways of tackling them as a team.

Go oldschool, get gauntlet on XBLA.

Or cloning clyde of course, thats supposed to be good.

I have to agree about how frustrating Lego Star Wars 2 co-op is. Great game, but the camera is terrible terrible terrible!

Ranger X

I knew Demi was gay! i knew it.

About the topic... i see that there's isn't much gamers so far playing "games" with their wifes so i guess my "I'm jealous of" list won't grow much today.

phinious

Whats the best class combo to play with wife in WoW? She prolly will want something easy. Also prolly shouldnt take her on a PvP server huh?

Top Bottom