• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone remember the Def Jam fighting series?

A reminder that this man:
kuno_tsunoda_keyboxart_160w.jpg

is at fault for Def Jam Icon
"The game's executive producer, Kudo Tsunoda, has stated that he did not feel that wrestling and hip-hop went particularly well with each other."

As if I couldn't hate this dude anymore...

Thank God for FFNY at least

Eggbok

Current artists

◾2 Chainz
◾Afrojack
◾August Alsina
◾Big K.R.I.T.
◾Big Sean
◾Common
◾Cyhi Da Prynce
◾Elijah Blake
◾Fabolous
◾Frank Ocean
◾Gunplay
◾Iggy Azalea
◾Jadakiss
◾Jeezy
◾Jeremih
◾Jhené Aiko
◾Juelz Santana
◾Kanye West
◾Lil Durk
◾Lil Reese
◾Logic
◾Ludacris
◾Mariah Carey
◾Nas
◾Pusha T
◾Q-Tip
◾Rick Ross
◾Teyana Taylor
◾The Roots
◾Trinidad Jame$
◾Triple C's
◾Verse Simmonds
◾YG

Gotta add Nicki Minaj to replace Lil'Kim.

Vortex566

I don't like hip hop, but absolutely loved this game. I can really remember enjoying the battle system. I think I was playing it on the Xbox.

JohnGrimm

Easily one of the best games I've ever played. I need to hit up some local shops and find a PS2 copy, like right fucking now.

even for people who never knew about this characters the story was so well written with such a good character creation mode that a lot of people regardless if they knew hip hop enjoyed it

Cheddahz

Banned
Fight For New York is honestly, one of my favorite fighting games of all time

Excellent cast
Excellent soundtrack
and the story mode is badass as well

jts

...hate me...
Drake was in the first one. Seriously.

Little known fun-fact: his VO was performed by my sister. Truth.
Little known fun-fact #2: a good chunk of the reference moves for the animators were performed by me.
So we could actually make a banned GIF out of a move from Def Jam Vendetta, photoshop Sammy Jackson face on the guy, and thus come full circle?

Awesome.

A reminder that this man:
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/963/963416/kuno_tsunoda_keyboxart_160w.jpg
is at fault for Def Jam Icon
"The game's executive producer, Kudo Tsunoda, has stated that he did not feel that wrestling and hip-hop went particularly well with each other."

While he's right that wrestling and hip-hop aren't two things that any sane being would associate with one another how could someone be so blind as to what made the Def Jam games so great?

They were top tier batshit crazy wrestling games that just happened to have a hip-hop
w
rapper. Someone needs to throw a shitload of cash at AKI and tell them to take a break from fashion games and reboot the franchise.

stay gold

Fight for NY was amazing. After Halo it was possibly my most played game on the Xbox.

I bought Icon but it was dumbed down shit.

Lulubop

I remember the character creator in FFNY having a ton of name brand shit I actually wore at the time. Best character creator.

Top Bottom