• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone remember the Sideways Stories from Wayside School books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Is this the series with the school with the floor that doesn't exist or something??

If so I loved that series!

I believe I read the first two at that link. All sorts of weird stuff going on in those books. Kids swapping names, the floor that didn't exist (except the time it did), making ice cream flavored like the students...

The first book was the very first book I ever bought myself, which was purchased via the Troll Book Club in the second grade. Happy times...

And awesome book too! I didn't know there were others...

Miguel

Sideways Stories from Wayside School
Wayside School is Falling Down
Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger

I still own all three. :p

BigJonsson said:
There was one book that had a math theme to it...it was confusing as hell haha
Haha, I had a couple of those, and all of the main books. Great series, some of the few books I really enjoyed reading as a kid..

ohamsie

I have all three. The third one is pretty 'meh'. The cover especially, it was this ugly yellow/green bile color, but I will give it points for glowing in the dark.

My favorite part is how all the dead rats were always trying to sneak in to Ms. Jewels's classroom.

Tarazet

BigJonsson said:
There was one book that had a math theme to it...it was confusing as hell haha

I had that book, and the two others. I wish I could still find them, those were awesome. "We have instructed everyone going up to stay on the right, and everyone going down to stay on the left - and you still keep running into each other!"

Sullichin

Oh man, those books were awesome! Was that the series that "door" was labeled a bad word by the principal, and they needed to use a different word?

And there's no 13th floor, but there's a weird teacher that is on that floor or something.

FortNinety said:
The first book was the very first book I ever bought myself, which was purchased via the Troll Book Club in the second grade. Happy times...

And awesome book too! I didn't know there were others...

Same here. Second grade book club.

It was the first book (that was over 20 pages) that I remember actually reading for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom