• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone try the “We pay cash for houses” thing?

trikster40

My wife and I are moving and we really need to get out from under our existing mortgage. We see these signs everywhere: “We Pay Cash for Houses” or something along that line.

I know these are most likely house flippers looking for a good deal, low cash, just to flip the house and turn a profit.

Anyone ever look into these? Just curious if we’d be able to get out from our mortgage quickly and maybe make a little profit.

juliotendo

My wife and I are moving and we really need to get out from under our existing mortgage. We see these signs everywhere: “We Pay Cash for Houses” or something along that line.

I know these are most likely house flippers looking for a good deal, low cash, just to flip the house and turn a profit.

Anyone ever look into these? Just curious if we’d be able to get out from our mortgage quickly and maybe make a little profit.

Stay away. They target desperate people and will pay you peanuts or even possibly scam you.

cryptoadam

Banned
I do that, just send me your deed along with all your banking info, SSN, and copy of your DL.

I promise I will deposit the agreed upon funds into your bank account. Just need to finalize a few details with my Nigerian prince friend.

greyshark

If you want to sell your house quickly, work with your realtor to find out what comparable houses in your neighborhood are willing for and price it 5-10% less.

Winter John

Gold Member
Christ no. Them people are lower than used car salesmen. If you can't sell your place try renting it out. At least that way you can pay off your mortgage. You'll probably even make a little extra money each month

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Around here their signs are always made on plain brown cardboard with a sharpie. Doesn’t sound like someone I would trust selling my house to. Just use a realtor and price your place to sell quickly.

Last edited:

keraj37

It is not possible they will scam you. Just look at that couple how happy they are after the deal.

48fb9f_fb47049b3140471d82a6f23db3af8e1f.webp

couple-with-cash-house.jpg

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
I do that, just send me your deed along with all your banking info, SSN, and copy of your DL.

I promise I will deposit the agreed upon funds into your bank account. Just need to finalize a few details with my Nigerian prince friend.
This guy sounds trustworthy. I'd do it.

Remember OP, mortgage means "deathgrip". People think they own a home but the home owns you. You can pay it off in full and the government can still raise your taxes to unsustainable levels and take it from you. Harsh reality. Also fuck government and taxes.

Last edited:

Allforce

We had friends do something similar, it was a builder who basically bought their house with the agreement that they'd have a new one built in a newer development. I doubt they found them off a sign but that's the basic gist of it.

Worked out fine for them because their old house was going to be a pain in the ass to sell.

x1

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This guy sounds trustworthy. I'd do it.

Remember OP, mortgage means "deathgrip". People think they own a home but the home owns you. You can pay it off in full and the government can still raise your taxes to unsustainable levels and take it from you. Harsh reality. Also fuck government and taxes.
Yeah, fuck schools and police and roads and all that modern shit that society needs.

Pagusas

Elden Member
have you tried Open Door? We got a quote from them when selling our last house, and they were within 3% of what we actually sold for. In highnsight i wish we had used them as that 17k wasnt worth the stress. They are legit.

Last edited:

manfestival

Yeah so I know plenty of people that do those signs. I work for a lending company that mostly works with investors. Those signs as Julio pointed out are just basically guys looking for people in the worst position where they cannot bargain to get the best possible deal. These aren't bad people. They usually also tend to have a buyers list and can sell off your home quicker than a real estate agent. The obvious down is that they will beat you down on your home value as they are most likely looking to middle man a deal and make sure there is enough meat on the deal so an investor or whomever(they may want to fix and flip it themselves) can win. If you have time and want more money then a real estate agent is definitely the better way.

I mean you have a few options... not just selling your home as well to get out of that mortgage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom