• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone use Wifi Max (or any other USB wifi device) for Wii, DS or PSP?

My wireless router is broken and disconnects every few minutes. Since my house has ethernet inputs in every room in the house (right next to the cable inputs), it's just easier to plug computers into these to access the internet. So I dont need another wireless router.

When browsing Best Buy yesterday, I spotted Wifi Max in the PSP section. On the box it says it works for DS, and they just added a sticker saying that it works for Wii too.

I always intended to buy the Nintendo USB WiFi Connector... but if I can get something that works for PSP/Laptops, I might as well get something like that.

Has anyone has used Wifi Max and can comment on if it works well?
If there are any other USB Wifi products that you have used, please let me know.

Thanks!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
turkification said:
there are some modified drivers online for the nintendo usb wifi thing. Search google, those will help you.

What do the modified drivers do?

Chris_C

kiryogi said:
Works great after you figure out how to set it up :which is total hell:

Agreed, took me ages to get mine to work well with my PSP, but once set up right it worked just fine. I've since got a wireless router though.

madmook

I have one and used it extensively for a while (still have it, just keep it around kinda for backup because I do have a wireless router). The setup was as painless as can be.

Install the drivers and the little proggie to make it work, then set up your network information. All you do it tell it what internet connection you wanna use (your ethernet connection, most likely), then assign a wifi SSID and any security protocol you want wifi max to use as an access point.

I was able to connect and use the internet through wifi max with: couple different laptops, Xbox 360, PS2 and Xbox wireless adapter, PSP and DS. Online play was lag-free, surfing was smooth, etc.

Nemesis_

Currently I'm using it as I do not have a wireless router, and I've updated my Wii and PSPs effortlessly =D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have a spare one sitting around.... I'd gladly sell it at an insane discount, if anyone wanted it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Still have never been able to get the WiFi Max working...bought it back in April. Then a few months ago, I bought the Nintendo WiFi USB adaptor. That worked perfectly on the first try.

Top Bottom