• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP sources: Trump speaks to advisers about firing Sessions

RPGCrazied

Does Trump want out but his tiny little ego is preventing him to resign? Just seems to me he is trying so hard to get impeached.

Firing Mueller after firing Comey over Russia? This has watergate written all over it.

I think it was Roger Stone that was pushing that Trump should dump Sessions get rid of Mueller and go full court press on putting Clinton in jail to change the narrative... and it looks like Trump is going that way.

Dany

Banned
Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - "quietly working to boost Clinton." So where is the investigation A.G. @seanhannity

— Donald J. Trump‏ (@realDonaldTrump) July 25, 2017

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

— Donald J. Trump‏ (@realDonaldTrump) July 25, 2017
What a dumb motherfucker

FStubbs

I have to keep posting this.

mcconell-ryan.jpg

Trump's firewall. He can do whatever he wants. It's the reason he isn't impeached now, since it's pretty obvious to everyone he's a traitor even if they won't admit it.

The Senate can't have their own "special investigator" because the Independent Counsel Act expired and therefore must be renewed by a Congressional vote.
there was a huge sigh of relief when Mueller was appointed, since the GOP could now defer all questions and issues to him

They want some kind of barrier there so they don't have to deal with it.

So they'll want to do something, whatever that may be

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think it was Roger Stone that was pushing that Trump should dump Sessions get rid of Mueller and go full court press on putting Clinton in jail to change the narrative... and it looks like Trump is going that way.

Good lord if he goes after Hillary after all that it will be the dumbest fucking thing he could focus on.

I think he actually believes the DOJ can start some kind of clinton investigation and "lock her up" and is going to cast around for a complaint AG to do it. Since he takes his world from fox he may actually think that this course is normal and can't understand why Sessions won't do it. Madness.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think he actually believes the DOJ can start some kind of clinton investigation and "lock her up" and is going to cast around for a complaint AG to do it. Since he takes his world from fox he may actually think that this course is normal and can't understand why Sessions won't do it. Madness.

If there is one thing the GOP love its a good old Democrat witch hunt

avaya

I have to keep posting this.

mcconell-ryan.jpg

Trump's firewall. He can do whatever he wants. It's the reason he isn't impeached now, since it's pretty obvious to everyone he's a traitor even if they won't admit it.

A complete disgrace. There is no living this down.

So in what last 36 hours, he’s politicized the military, the Boy Scouts and is now throwing the secretary of cyber under the bus?

Gotta go fast Mueller

So in what last 36 hours, he’s politicized the military, the Boy Scouts and is now throwing the secretary of cyber under the bus?

Gotta go fast Mueller

He also threatened amazon for unspecified tax avoidance, accused the acting head of the FBI of taking a massive bribe, and has dragged his 11yo son into the Russian vortex, apparently as a joke.

Oh please, do it. Kill two birds with one stone. Get rid of Jeff "Marijuana is as bad as Heroin" Sessions, and get yourself one step closer to being impeached

Not

Banned
What happens if he gets a new Nazi AG and fires Mueller? Does the IC drop the n-word tape? Details of the extramarital affairs of 3/4ths of congress with R's next to their name? Fucking undeniable evidence of treason?

WedgeX

Banned
Can't Sessions get Trump arrested if proven guilty?

I don't know about arrested...and the whole Constitutional crisis that goes with that. But if Sessions is serious about being Attorney General, he and Tillerson could work to convince the Cabinet Secretaries to remove Trump from office.

But that's never been attempted before. And is probably the least likely thing to happen.

Maledict

I don't know about arrested...and the whole Constitutional crisis that goes with that. But if Sessions is serious about being Attorney General, he and Tillerson could work to convince the Cabinet Secretaries to remove Trump from office.

But that's never been attempted before. And is probably the least likely thing to happen.

No, whilst in office the president cannot be prosecuted for criminal activity. That's a matter of impeachment.

Blader

I don't buy it, I heard the same shit with Comey and he's still president. And even if it all gets leaked I have my doubts trusting anyone to live up to their positions and stop him. I'm not saying nothing will come of it, I am saying our current government cares so much about party that they would defend him if he literally raped a child tomorrow on camera.

Comey's firing almost immediately led to the appointment of Mueller as special counsel.

And of course he's still president! Presidents don't get taken down by criminal investigations in just two months.

Steejee

For a guy who's only recent real business success was yelling "You're fired!" in a TV show, he sure is a coward about actually firing people. He's like the shitty boyfriend/girlfriend that wants to break up with you, but doesn't actually want to dump you, and instead just acts like a total prick constantly until you give up and leave instead.

epmode

No, whilst in office the president cannot be prosecuted for criminal activity.

That's not exactly certain. NYT: Can the President Be Indicted? A Long-Hidden Legal Memo Says Yes
WASHINGTON — A newfound memo from Kenneth W. Starr’s independent counsel investigation into President Bill Clinton sheds fresh light on a constitutional puzzle that is taking on mounting significance amid the Trump-Russia inquiry: Can a sitting president be indicted?

The 56-page memo, locked in the National Archives for nearly two decades and obtained by The New York Times under the Freedom of Information Act, amounts to the most thorough government-commissioned analysis rejecting a generally held view that presidents are immune from prosecution while in office.

“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts that are not part of, and are contrary to, the president’s official duties,” the Starr office memo concludes. “In this country, no one, even President Clinton, is above the law.”

Under most circumstances, I'd be concerned with Trump wanting to turn over a position like this, for fear of what would come next. But I don't think they get much worse than Sessions. I'm assuming Giuliani would have an uphill battle getting confirmed.

Snwaters

Under most circumstances, I'd be concerned with Trump wanting to turn over a position like this, for fear of what would come next. But I don't think they get much worse than Sessions. I'm assuming Giuliani would have an uphill battle getting confirmed.

Trump would have an uphill battle just replacing him. Sessions, by everyone's account, did the right thing by recusing himself. Trump is mad, and would fire him, for doing the right thing over some idea of 'personal loyalty'. What does that say to any potential interviewees? It's like what happened with Comey and trying to replace him with a new director, but much worse. Once can be called a mistake, more than that is called a trend.

Timing of the Sessions thing could just be a convenient smoke screen for his failure to pass healthcare reform.

Him using this as a smokescreen is like pissing on the floor to distract from the fact that you shat all over the kitchen table.

So, standard Trump tactics.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He also threatened amazon for unspecified tax avoidance, accused the acting head of the FBI of taking a massive bribe, and has dragged his 11yo son into the Russian vortex, apparently as a joke.

A legitimate Twilight Zone script, soundly rejected for being too unrealistic.

Top Bottom