• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

8BiTw0LF

Banned
So you are just going to keep ignoring points I see. Good for you.
Edit. Your argument reads like switch players should have full Aim hacks but you don't get to decide if they are in your lobby or not.
Switch is not part of crossplay. They wouldn't stand a chance against 60fps and above. It's pretty impressive PS/Xbox players can hold their own in PC lobbies.

I'm a 2x pred and I don't want to be in diamond PC lobbies. That strafe speed on PC is way too strong for console aim-assist.

Switch is not part of crossplay. They wouldn't stand a chance against 60fps and above. It's pretty impressive PS/Xbox players can hold their own in PC lobbies.

I'm a 2x pred and I don't want to be in diamond PC lobbies. That strafe speed on PC is way too strong for console aim-assist.
Switch can enable cross play. Also if that's the case how can PC controller players compete?

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Switch can enable cross play. Also if that's the case how can PC controller players compete?
Ah yeah, my bad. I actually remember how everyone announced to disable it on Switch :messenger_tears_of_joy:
PC controller players can compete, cause skills. Apex Legends is probably the competitive multiplayer with the largest/widest skillgap out there - and that's why I, as a console player don't like to play in PC lobbies - cause SBMM and high ranked lobbies fucks me up = my skills are not good enough for PC competitors.
We can agree on crossplay should be an option on PC, but nerfing AA for PC controller players makes absolutely no sense, when PC MnK players can do so much stuff and have the better input speed.

Ah yeah, my bad. I actually remember how everyone announced to disable it on Switch :messenger_tears_of_joy:
PC controller players can compete, cause skills. Apex Legends is probably the competitive multiplayer with the largest/widest skillgap out there - and that's why I, as a console player don't like to play in PC lobbies - cause SBMM and high ranked lobbies fucks me up = my skills are not good enough for PC competitors.
We can agree on crossplay should be an option on PC, but nerfing AA for PC controller players makes absolutely no sense, when PC MnK players can do so much stuff and have the better input speed.
I didn't ask to nerf PC controller AA. I said console AA is a bit too high but it only really effects low skill players which is the majority.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I didn't ask to nerf PC controller AA. I said console AA is a bit too high but it only really effects low skill players which is the majority.
Can easily be "fixed" with disable option for crossplay on PC. I don't think console AA should be nerfed, because PC players have options for 360hz monitors, macros and so much more.

Can easily be "fixed" with disable option for crossplay on PC. I don't think console AA should be nerfed, because PC players have options for 360hz monitors, macros and so much more.
Yep there is far more advantage for KB+M PC players over PC/console controller gamers; with or without mid/heavy AA. Quick turns, button mappings, macros, strafe, looting even, recoil control etc.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
39 years old - master rank - practice pays off

2Ze8smh.jpg

/flex

Boss Mog

It's a shame that Respawn is making the same mistakes a lot of FPS devs make, which is catering the game to a small minority of players and towards e-sports. They seem hellbent on removing any strategy from the game in favor of headless chickens running around because it's more exciting for e-sports. It's also a shame they can't seem to fix certain bugs and issues plaguing the game for several seasons.

That being said I'm still enjoying this season. Having 3 maps on rotation is nice and with the Volt put in care packages I discovered the CAR. I can't believe how OP that gun is and I'm constantly afraid they will nerf it as they do with everything I love. It just melts red body shields and reloads near instantly like a P2020. Absolutely love it. I'm mostly pairing it with a Hemlock which despite it's nerf is still amazing in my opinion. I used to run with the Triple Take but since it was nerfed this season, it's mostly junk now, so many shots that would've done 60-70 damage last season are only doing 19-21 damage this season thanks to the reduced projectile size at long range.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It's a shame that Respawn is making the same mistakes a lot of FPS devs make, which is catering the game to a small minority of players and towards e-sports. They seem hellbent on removing any strategy from the game in favor of headless chickens running around because it's more exciting for e-sports. It's also a shame they can't seem to fix certain bugs and issues plaguing the game for several seasons.
I watch a lot of competitive Apex eSports on Twitch - mainly TSM and NRG. I wouldn't call them headless chickens 😂

In a BR you can't stick with a strategy cause the battlefield is always changing. Being great at adapting to the circumstances (zones, 3rd parties, friendlies knocked/dead, random loot) can take years to perfect. Apex' skillgap is one one of the steepest in any FPS out there.
So easy to feel the difference in playing against a good team and a bad team.

But I agree in the "catering to the minority" department. Top streamers are sometimes dictating what should happen in future patches - for better or worse.

The sound design is still broken on so many levels and no-hit recs are infuriating. Those are two things Respawn need to fix.

Boss Mog Boss Mog I totally agree about devs in general catering to esports and a niche high skill crowd. I've said the same about Halo, it's great for weapon and skills balancing but it gets too much when uber aim trumps a solid strategy or ultimate warmed up sweat squad is required every game in every mode. I'm forever grateful of devs like Respaws delivering server choice and the population to play such games within Australia. Amazing dev support there but I'd be lying if I didn't say that the population in Australia gets condensed to where we are playing diamonds, masters and preds in gold lobbies. When you factor in smurf accounts it can get worse. I suppose that's the effects of going in a full made squad, we're pitted against the teams from the population. When I go in solo I find games are far easier in terms of made teams or skills etc, party matching doing work.

8BiTw0LF 8BiTw0LF Nice to know a master still cannot find a weapon sometimes. Solid turn around there mate. I cannot do the higher FOV though. I'm a baseline guy, my awareness if fine but I just don't like the skewing effects of high FOV.

Diamond tier is my natural state in Apex though. I don't have the aim in that mid range that is so important. I've got the teamwork and strats/comms with my buddies but I don't slay enough every game for the bigger point to push into master or pred. I know where I should be and that's pretty solid for this mid-forties dad.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
8BiTw0LF 8BiTw0LF Nice to know a master still cannot find a weapon sometimes. Solid turn around there mate. I cannot do the higher FOV though. I'm a baseline guy, my awareness if fine but I just don't like the skewing effects of high FOV.
I know exactly what you mean. When ranked came in season 2, I looked around for what the "pro's" at that time had in FoV and almost everyone had 110 on PC, but that made my fps jump up and down on PS4 Pro, so I tried scaling it down until it was "steady" - at 104 - and I've just never adjusted it since. I changed my sens about a year ago, from 4-3 to 6-3, that made a huge difference in quickturns, but took me about 14 days to get used to. One thing that can fuck up your entire controls are adjusting FoV and sensitivity lol.

I know exactly what you mean. When ranked came in season 2, I looked around for what the "pro's" at that time had in FoV and almost everyone had 110 on PC, but that made my fps jump up and down on PS4 Pro, so I tried scaling it down until it was "steady" - at 104 - and I've just never adjusted it since. I changed my sens about a year ago, from 4-3 to 6-3, that made a huge difference in quickturns, but took me about 14 days to get used to. One thing that can fuck up your entire controls are adjusting FoV and sensitivity lol.

Yep, I spent forever playing with the ACL settings and going to the firing range and trying them out. Super happy with the controls now, when I miss I know it's me and I have to admit to myself I'm not at the top of the aiming skill anymore (not by a long shot these days). I even pretty much body shot these days, going for the head makes me totally lose engagements in Apex. Which is weird because with any Halo game I'm fine to go up against any skill/aiming levels e.g. Infinite or MCC.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Yep, I spent forever playing with the ACL settings and going to the firing range and trying them out. Super happy with the controls now, when I miss I know it's me and I have to admit to myself I'm not at the top of the aiming skill anymore (not by a long shot these days). I even pretty much body shot these days, going for the head makes me totally lose engagements in Apex. Which is weird because with any Halo game I'm fine to go up against any skill/aiming levels e.g. Infinite or MCC.
Same 😅 bodyshots and strafing is my game now. I also think it's harder to get headshots in Apex compared to CoD, Halo or Destiny - but they also have more aim-assist and not the same difference in movement and character variations. Headshotting a Wraith and a Gibraltar is two different "aims".

What the hell is happening with the new-gen version?
Certainly would be nice to have a full blown next-gen version running on my Series X.

Had a clean solo game finish on my ALT the other day. So good finishing up Champ as I did. (Skip to about 1.50 for the goods).

Also been helping a buddy who struggles in Gold to get his first Plat. He cannot play in our Diamond lobbies. It really shows why smurf accounts suck, I am part of the problem but if you can't beat em join em.

So much fun being a roaming point man, having final circles, high ground and my buddy on the Kraber keeping the away.

So Effing close to pulling of this Champ run.

Last edited:
Love how the last opponent absolutely get's tricked by the mirage twice at the end :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'd kill for 2 things with Mirage -
  • Mirage's own decoys are transparent to him, you often get your view blocked badly.
  • When in close proximity I don't show up as a blue outline, better players just see that and completely ignore the ultimate batch of decoys and supposed tiny bit of invisibility.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned

APEX LEGENDS RANKED GETS RELOADED WITH THE LAUNCH OF SAVIORS!​

Check out a full breakdown of the big updates coming to Ranked play with the launch of Saviors.​

INTRODUCTION​

Greetings, we are excited to share updates to Apex legends Ranked in Saviors!
Apex Legends’ battle royale Ranked queue began in Season 2, and since then, the player base has grown and matured significantly. In turn, the Ranked experience needs to evolve, and the launch of Saviors introduces the first of several steps we are taking to improve Ranked for everyone.
The current Ranked goals revolve around two main pillars:
  • Teamplay for Victory
  • Accurate Skill & Better Competition
We are making a large number of changes that focus around these two core pillars, with the outcome that:
  • Players will focus on playing as a team, and playing for the win.
  • RP will be a more accurate representation of your overall game skill.

TEAMPLAY FOR VICTORY​

Play for the Team​

At Apex Legends’ core is a team-based game, so players should be rewarded at the team level. Now everyone on a team will receive some RP when one of them gets a kill.

Play for the Win​

Apex Legends is a battle royale. Survival is the primary objective, and kills are what gets you there. Placing any limits on kills rewards puts an unintended emphasis and pressure on hitting these limits. So we are taking a different approach:
REMOVED: Kill RP Cap is removed
NEW: Base value of each kill is worth increasingly less, down to a minimum

Assist Rules​

The current assist timer of 10 seconds is too short, allowing for simple retreats to break the timer. This creates unnecessary tension and is counterproductive to survival and winning the game.
CHANGE: Assist Timer: 10 seconds → 15 seconds
Following up on the revive assist marker change last in Defiance, we are also adding a ‘refresh’ to assist timer when a player is revived. With this change, if an enemy you helped knock is revived and immediately downed again by one of your allies, you'll still be eligible for an assist credit.
NEW: Assist Timers are refreshed upon player’s revival

ACCURATE SKILL & BETTER COMPETITION​

Tier Demotions​

Your ranking is important and should be accurate when it comes to representing your current skill. Having the ability to demote out of a tier will allow a player’s skill to be reflected with more precision. In Saviors, we are introducing tier demotions with the goal of addressing the current struggle some players experience when they get promoted to a new tier but cannot climb higher in the ranks.
Demotions will create a better true distribution of skills across the ladder. Players will get demotion protection for three games. Once demotion protection is exhausted, dropping below the tier threshold will trigger a demotion penalty, dropping the player halfway down the previous division. (I.e. Masters → 50% of Diamond 1)
Similar to Ranked Arenas, rewards will be granted based on the highest RP threshold achieved.
MODIFIED: Tier Demotion Protection available up to 3 games lost after promotion into a higher tier
NEW: Players can demote out of a tier, halfway down to the previous division. (Masters → 50% of Diamond 1)
NEW: 100 RP Tier Promotion Bonus

Entry Cost Adjustments​

There are two types of players within a tier: those who can consistently gain RP, and those who cannot. To smooth out this skill gap, we are adjusting entry costs across all divisions. Additionally, we are adding new entry cost breakpoints within the Master+ tiers to further filter for skill.
Modified: Entry cost increases on promotion into a new division
NEW: Masters+ entry costs further increase with total RP (5 RP every 1000 RP beyond Master Threshold up to 175 RP)

Division
Bronze15182124
Silver27303336
Gold39424548
Platinum51545760
Diamond63666972
Master75

Kill RP​

We simplified and adjusted the Per Kill RP mechanics, and are now directly presenting the base kill values by placements.
In a battle royale, placing worse than the bottom half of the lobby is losing. Placements and kills are both important metrics in Ranked. Having kills without the placement should not constitute a success. In response, we have pulled down Kill RP gains for placing worse than 10th. Players placed in this region are likely to lose RP.
At the same time, having good placements with little to no kills will cause players to miss out on a majority of their RP rewards coming from the previously mentioned Kill RP changes.

UncoUFJ.png

Kill Tier Differences​

With the introduction of scaling entry costs and kill participations, we are softening the skill based RP modifiers on kills.

Modified: Killing a lower tier player grants slightly less reduced RP
Tier DifferencesS12 Kill ModifierS13 Kill Modifier
-330%30%
-250%70%
-180%100%
0100%100%
1120%100%
2150%150%
3200%200%

Introductory Tier​

Bronze was the only tier without an entry cost. Any invested player would eventually climb out of it. So we are introducing a new tier: Rookie. This tier will sit below Bronze to act as a proper one time only, introductory tier to Ranked, and will not have any Ranked rewards associated with it. Existing players are unaffected by the introduction of the Rookie Tier, and can not be demoted into it, and likewise will not be reset into it on new splits or seasons.
NEW: Introductory ‘Rookie’ tier
MODIFIED: Bronze now has entry costs

RP Thresholds​

To account for the increased influx of RP, we are adjusting RP thresholds for each tier and division to keep the difficulty and effort to achieve them relatively the same.
Modified: RP thresholds for all tiers and division adjusted. Length of each division is increased by 200RP

3rd Party Kill Stealing Fix​

We have fixed a long standing issue where kill credits were unintentionally transferred from eliminated teams. Previously, when Team A downs players from Team B, and Team A is subsequently eliminated, players from any team can misappropriate these downed players on Team B for kill credits by executing them, regardless of their involvement in the initial conflict. This issue has been fixed and these kills are now properly voided. Kills are earned, not given.

CONCLUSION​

This update is the first step in our ongoing journey to evolve and improve the Ranked experience. We’re excited for you all to get a chance to play with these changes when Saviors launches on May 10th.
Thank you for reading, and playing!

- the Apex Legends team

Those sound like welcome changes to ranked. I would have liked seeing a few other elements in play e.g. 2 revives or respawns count to RP but only when downed by an enemy to avoid boosting etc. People will smurf and team anyhow. Giving up higher tier weapons/armour/drops etc to teammates counts for some minimal RP on a limited basis e.g. I'll often do this for a buddy who slayers far more than I do, why shouldn't I get some reward for team play/strategy? Picking up a banner from a dead teammate, limited to only those downed by enemies and 1 time reward so it cannot be farmed etc.

I think there's room to better promote teamwork beyond just the changes above.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Those sound like welcome changes to ranked. I would have liked seeing a few other elements in play e.g. 2 revives or respawns count to RP but only when downed by an enemy to avoid boosting etc. People will smurf and team anyhow. Giving up higher tier weapons/armour/drops etc to teammates counts for some minimal RP on a limited basis e.g. I'll often do this for a buddy who slayers far more than I do, why shouldn't I get some reward for team play/strategy? Picking up a banner from a dead teammate, limited to only those downed by enemies and 1 time reward so it cannot be farmed etc.

I think there's room to better promote teamwork beyond just the changes above.
It's an ongoing development for Respawn to adjust ranked and I'm also so in for the whole team to be rewarded for kills. I play support characters, cause that's what I'm good at. I don't have mobility to push enemies like my teammates, so team RP is a welcoming addition.

The demotion system also takes bad luck into consideration with the "3-strikes and you're out" + players get 100 RP in bonus to gain a new tier, so getting to bottom of the tier and having three losses without gaining points really proves you don't have what it takes to climb any further.

Looking forward to try S13 overall. Newcastle could be my new main. Been maining Gibby for quite some time now.

It's an ongoing development for Respawn to adjust ranked and I'm also so in for the whole team to be rewarded for kills. I play support characters, cause that's what I'm good at. I don't have mobility to push enemies like my teammates, so team RP is a welcoming addition.

The demotion system also takes bad luck into consideration with the "3-strikes and you're out" + players get 100 RP in bonus to gain a new tier, so getting to bottom of the tier and having three losses without gaining points really proves you don't have what it takes to climb any further.

Looking forward to try S13 overall. Newcastle could be my new main. Been maining Gibby for quite some time now.

I do like the logic behind those systems, for sure. I too tend to be support and comms with some movement strategy. I'm not the best slayer due to my old man aim these days.

I played Gibby for ages but I seem to do better with Mirage in recent months. Looking forward to a new season, finally get to have my diamond badge.

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Season 13 Patch Notes​

Leap into the line of fire with a new Legend, Newcastle, traverse a monstrous map update, learn about Ranked Reloaded, and more!​

NEW LEGEND: NEWCASTLE​

HEROIC DEFENDER​

For years, Newcastle defended the small town of Harris Valley, making it a safe haven for all who lived there. Now to fulfill that mission and continue defending his home, he’ll have to prove himself a hero among Legends. In the Apex Games, Newcastle can use his Knockdown Shield to protect his squadmate as he revives them, and even drag them out of harm’s way. He can charge into the fray with a Mobile Shield, blocking weapon damage and deflecting grenades, while his Ultimate erects a fortified Castle Wall.

PASSIVE: RETRIEVE THE WOUNDED

Drag allies as you revive and protect them with your Revive Shield.

TACTICAL: MOBILE SHIELD

Throw a controllable drone that creates a moving energy shield.

ULTIMATE: CASTLE WALL

Leap to an ally or target area and slam down, creating a fortified stronghold.

Watch Newcastle’s Vignette Trailer here.

apex-media-news-saviors-patch-storm-point-beast.jpg

MONSTROUS MAP UPDATE​

With this being the first map update to Storm Point, our goal was to add new content and improve map features while not subtracting anything. We added a brand-new POI; a washed-up sea creature known as the Downed Beast—which is a unique combat experience for Apex Legends—an organic combat zone, and a refreshing change from man-made architecture. On top of that, we added a brand new PvE feature, IMC Armories, at four strategic locations around the map which can dynamically change the championship outcome. Be wary here, you will encounter waves of Spectres but if you survive you can earn sweet loot tailored to your loadout.

Check out all the details in our Storm Point Update Blog by Senior Level Designer, Keith Jensen.

MAP ROTATION​

The map rotation for the season for Saviors will be Storm Point, Olympus, and World’s Edge. We’re also removing the longer 2-hour rotation block. We felt that could be too long considering it could span the whole play session for some people.

RANKED RELOADED​

Apex Legends: Saviors’ upgraded Ranked system adds tier demotions, entry cost adjustments,, and a rework of Ranked Points to promote teamplay. The current Ranked goals revolve around Teamplay for Victory, and Accurate Skill & Better Competition. We are making a large number of changes that focus on these two core pillars, with the outcome that players will focus on playing as a team and playing for the win, and RP will be a more accurate representation of your overall game skill.

Read the full blog detailing all the changes coming to Ranked Mode this season here.

BALANCE UPDATES​

Fortified Legends

• Fortified no longer reduces headshot damage
Crafting Rotation

• Flatline & Longbow coming out and are now floor loot
  • Rampage & R-301 going into crafter
Gold Weapons

• EVA-8, Bow, Flatline, P2020, Spitfire
Helmets Buff

• Blue helmet headshot damage reduction increased from 40% to 50%
  • Purple helmet headshot damage reduction increased from 50% to 65%
Kraber

• Headshot multiplier down from 3.0 to 2.0
  • Damage reduced from 145 to 140
Rampage

• Increased reload time from 2.6 to 3.1
  • Slightly increased handling times
LSTAR

• Reduced headshot damage multiplier from 1.75 to 1.5
  • Reduced headshot distance from 64m to 57m
  • Overheat cool-off time increased from 2.5 to 3.6
  • Slightly increased handling times
Devotion

• Damage reduced from 16 to 15
  • Increased reload time from 2.8 to 3.2
  • Draw time increased to 0.8 from 0.7
  • Holster time increased to 0.75 to 0.65
  • Raise time increased to 0.65 from 0.55
  • Lower time increased to 0.6 from 0.5
Havoc

• Improved recoil at the start of the pattern
Dual Shell

• Removed from floor loot and crafting bundles
Mozambique & Peacekeeper

• Increased limb damage from 0.8 to 1.0
Crate Weapons

• Spitfire back to floor loot
  • Mastiff into crate
Spitfire

• Damage decreased from 19 to 18
  • Purple & Gold Magazine capacity reduced from 55 to 50
  • Crouched hipfire spread increased
  • Removed barrel attachment slot
  • Increased reload time from 3.2 to 3.4
  • Draw time increased to 0.8 from 0.7
  • Holster time increased to 0.75 to 0.65
  • Raise time increased to 0.65 from 0.55
  • Lower time increased to 0.6 from 0.5
Mastiff

• Tightened blast pattern
  • Ammo capacity reduced from 6 to 4
  • Stockpile ammo: 28
  • Damage per pellet increased from 11 to 14
  • Increased pellet size
  • Fire Rate increased from 1.1 to 1.2
Cells & Syringes

• Cells and Syringe spawn rates have been lowered by about 18%
Rampart Improvements

• Sheila spin-up time decreased from 1.75s to 1.25s
  • Amped Cover deploy health increased from 45 to 120
  • Amped Cover deploy time decreased from 4.25 to 3.6
Valkyrie

• Can no longer freely spin while launching during Skyward Dive
Out of Bounds

• When going out of bounds the following will be disabled:
    • Legends Abilities
    • Weapons, Ordinances and Survival Items
    • Healing items (Will not cancel mid healing)
    • All Active Passives (e.g. Valks Jet Packs)
World’s Edge

• Redesigned windows at Lava Siphon’s Control Tower to focus sightlines
  • Added some additional cover around Lava Siphon's Lava Pit
  • Gondola loot has been tweaked. The chances of finding high-tier armor in them have been notably reduced. Climatizer and Lava Siphon will still remain as High Tier Loot POIs

ARENAS PRICING ADJUSTMENTS​

Thermites

• 100 → 75
Charge Rifle

• Lvl 1: 200 → 150
  • Lvl 2: 200 → 150
  • Lvl 3: 450 → 400
Longbow

• Base: 400 → 300
  • Lvl 1: 250 → 200
  • Lvl 2: 300 → 250
  • Lvl 3: 400 → 350
Sentinel

• Lvl 3: 400 → 350
Bocek Bow

• Lvl 2: 250 → 200
  • Lvl 3: 300 → 250
Triple Take

• Base: 600 → 500
  • Lvl 1: 250 → 200
  • Lvl 3: 400 → 300
Devotion

• Lvl 1: 150 → 200
  • Lvl 2: 250 → 350
L-STAR

• Lvl 1: 200 → 150
Havoc

• Base: 350 → 400
Hemlok

• Lvl 2: 250 → 200
  • Lvl 3: 350 → 300
Prowler

• Lvl 3: 350 → 300

BUG FIXES​

• Fix for players inside of Bangalore smoke unintentionally getting aim assist on targets outside of smoke.
  • Fixed bug where Valk could no longer use Jumptowers if she has been previously shot down during her Ultimate.
  • Fix for Volt animation for cases where the weapon and reticle have a jittery animation when the player is crouched.
  • Fix for cases where weapons and attachments can be dropped/switched during Charge Tower interaction leading to animation glitch.
  • Fix for Charge Rifle Legendary skin “Curse of the Amazon” where the upper part of the weapon blocked camera view when aiming down sites.
  • Fixed bug for cases when the user accesses the replicator and pulls up their inventory before the UI for the replicator shows up, they can drop their weapon and is stuck in a crouched position.
  • Canyonlands: Fix for cases when players could get blocked when trying to activate Valk’s Ultimate.
  • Fixed a bug where Season Trackers were no longer showing what season stats they are tracking.
  • Fixed bug where the Sentinel could charge instantly when vaulting.
  • Xbox One: Fix for cases where players sometimes had to skip the Legend Select phase due to being stuck on the "waiting for players" screen.
  • Fixed issue when Knocking a player on an enemy team and then dying before getting the kill, can lead to the kill being rewarded to another team instead
  • ARENAS - Fixed issue where Boosted Loader was missing on Wingman.
  • Fixed issue where Finishers are not counted as damage towards Challenges.
  • Fixed bug where Purple Evo shields glow through closed care packages, loot pins, and Lifeline Care Packages.
  • Fix for cases where players could get killed by a death box if coming in contact with it on an airship.
  • Fixed bug for an issue with Players getting killed when throwing a caustic barrel up against an opening door.
CRYPTO
  • Fix for cases when Crypto's heirloom (sword) appears stuck in the middle of his body while his drone is deployed.
  • Fixed issue when inspecting his Heirloom with the "Deadly Byte" skin equipped, can show missing arm texture.
  • Fix for cases when players could recall their Drone instantly after activating their Ultimate.
  • Fixed bug for when Crypto is using his legendary skin, and while being revived by a Mirage, he turns invisible except for his sunglasses which remain visible during the revive.
FUSE
  • Fixed bug where using Fuse’s Tactical in water caused the audio to get overwhelmingly loud.
  • Fix for bug where players can extend Motherlode's range if used on flyers, Crypto's drone, loot drones, and Loba's Bracelet.
HORIZON

• Fix for cases when Horizon’s Ultimate disappears if the player opens a door next to it.
MIRAGE

• Fix for bug where the shield regeneration from Wattson's ultimate would reveal Mirage's location when he is invisible while reviving.
  • Fixed bug for when Mirage’s decoys would sprint faster when the player is armed with an item than when they are unarmed.
PATHFINDER

• Fix for an issue where grappling grounded Loot Rollers can cause the player to get flung at high velocity.

NEW CUSTOM MATCH SYSTEM​

Custom Match is replacing the previous Private Match system.

• Custom Match QOL improvements:
    • UI & Design Improvements.
    • Custom Match now saves Team Names & Match Settings when returning from match to lobby.
    • Match flow improvements.
  • Added new launch parameters to pre-select viewing targets for Observer.
  • Updated the color pallet used by Observers when viewing teams (Map Overview + Highlights)
    • Additionally, fixed the color duplication issue previously seen on the map overview
  • Updated the Team Eliminated Text with a unique color for Anonymous Mode in Custom Match

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Since Apex Legends launched in 2019, developer Respawn Entertainment has added a tonne to the game: new legends like Octane and Seer, maps, abilities, lore, you name it. With so much to dig into, here are 9 things you might not know about Apex Legends.

00:00 Introduction
00:15 Octane's Titanfall 2 speedrun origins
01:15 Mirage's pork chop recipe
02:16 How to play Apex Legends in third person
02:34 Why Titans aren't in Apex Legends
03:11 Titanfall 2 references in Apex Legends
04:32 References to other video games
05:40 Mirage live at the Game Awards 2019
06:29 Legends' ages
07:03 The last Titanfall 2 Easter Egg

Last edited:
So did they ruin this game? I've always kind of sucked at Apex, but I could still have fun and win games here and there. This season, though, it seems impossible for a casual player. I'm getting matched against nothing but people who should not at all be in my lobbies. If I feel like this, I have to think there's a lot of casual players who feel the same.

So did they ruin this game? I've always kind of sucked at Apex, but I could still have fun and win games here and there. This season, though, it seems impossible for a casual player. I'm getting matched against nothing but people who should not at all be in my lobbies. If I feel like this, I have to think there's a lot of casual players who feel the same.

Yeah there are lot of smurf accounts and the population has skewed to made squads kicking the crap out of the other players in a game. I'm a plat/diamond player usually playing with other plats/friends but we are often against masters or preds.

It's rough out there, I find a solo queue is easier as you're not generally against full stack squads. When we 3 man a fireteam it's sweatville.

GreatnessRD

Their new ranking system in my opinion is goofy as hell. It promotes the ALGS garbage where you snake wrangle until the final circle with 40 teams left. Also making kills not matter much until you're in the top 5. Just silly. This Shitpoint map makes matters worst, but it can't be helped. I do think NewCastle is an ok addition. Just think he makes Lifeline useless and its even funnier that people complained about the Lifeline revive shield, but they add it to this guy and folks are in love.

Apex community is a wild bunch, lmao

Their new ranking system in my opinion is goofy as hell. It promotes the ALGS garbage where you snake wrangle until the final circle with 40 teams left. Also making kills not matter much until you're in the top 5. Just silly. This Shitpoint map makes matters worst, but it can't be helped. I do think NewCastle is an ok addition. Just think he makes Lifeline useless and its even funnier that people complained about the Lifeline revive shield, but they add it to this guy and folks are in love.

After playing some ranked with friends over the few nights I have to agree it has really pushed basically the whole game session into ALGS tight squad play. It's too hyper competitive and punishing even in bronze and silver lobbies. It's pretty mental. I wonder if it will die down as more skilled teams and stacked squads make their way up the ranks? We keep matching masters pretty regularly and smurf accounts are rampant these days compounding the new rank playstyle required. Although last night had a really satisfying flank to squad wipe against a master and his smurf buddies.

Skip to 1.40mins

Why do game developers keep narrowing their audiences around the esports play? Halo did it and it crushed the core experience of the game. Apex appears to be doing similar. I preferred more events like the night time one, the snow train events etc. Tweaking your weapons, movement and balancing around esports is a good thing. Designing your rankings, gameplay loops and narrowing your audience into a tighter skill funnel isn't fun for the massives.

Also I am DRAX, skip to 2.10mins

Last edited:
on StormPoint i've figured out i can get a purple armor about 80% of the time in the spider cave at Cascade falls.
and BOY does it piss ppl off when i land there as jumpmaster

i've had one person just leave the game because i landed there

DonF

I'm so sick of this shitty match making. I'm always matched with the most dumb team mates ever, people who play at 70 fov, no headset and zero game sense.

I always finish games with 2x the damage my teammates had, combined.

South American non Brasilian bros, if you wanna play on console, add me.
I love this game but I hate to play with randos.
PSN: felaipes

DonF

I do think NewCastle is an ok addition. Just think he makes Lifeline useless and its even funnier that people complained about the Lifeline revive shield, but they add it to this guy and folks are in love.

Lifeline's shield was indestructible and huge, that's a big change. Here the mobility is a better factor in my opinion. Also, lifeline's shield had no delay, so people played around it, used it for a sec then shoot. It was a guarantee revive with close to zero downsides, Newcastle's revive is way riskier.

After playing some time going from bronze to gold with buddies I'm pretty happy with the new rank style. It suits our style of loot first and approach the final squads or pick off the stragglers/third parties as we go. It does create longer games overall if you're playing ranked. Nice to not have stormpoint in pubs and ranked though.

Skip to 1.45, weird final circle I haven't seen before and it got hectic. Just held back trying not to move much to draw attention until the very final shots needed.

Alx

That annoying bug with Loba’s bracelet is back, where it won’t let you teleport anywhere. Any identified way to fix it ? Usually when it doesn’t work once it never does for the rest if the game, but I think I could get it back once after being revived.

Facism

Think this has probably been the worst season of apex for me. The MM is all over the place. Ranked feels like it was tuned on the advice of streamers who 3-stack and play the game 8 hours a day as a job. Extra grindy for no real reason. 95% of the player pool is matched with each other instead of close ranks/tiers. Like how many games do I have to play as a solo guy, where my RP cost is 39 in silver, but I get matched with a rookie and bronze 4, both basically free RP? Majority of players haven't even bothered adjusting to the new placement > hotdrop + farm kills strat that got them to plat the previous seasons. It's just dumb as hell how many ranked games i'm literally playing alone because the other 2 decided it's a great idea to land on 3 other squads and fight over a p2020 and a mozambique. I don't mind the sweat or fighting, but fuck's sake land just off the drop, get guns and then go into the fight somewhat prepped. It's amazing how low iq the Apex community is on PC.

I can see how it's great if you got a squad that plays sensibly, but that's a 1 in 20 occurrence solo :(

Yesterday:

There's no doubt about Respawn listened to the streamers, who's playing more than 8 hours a day.

Terrible mistake.

Developers need to realise they're not going to capture insane sales, fans and audiences going hard-core streaming and hyper competitive play.

At its core that is a diminishing return over time for populations playing. The pros are great for a number of balances and movements or weapon sandboxes etc but they don't deserve to control a game.

It's something 343 drove a divide down the middle of Halo for and it's terrible. Respawn would do well to not push further down this track. You want people watching your game or playing it and buying stuff?

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Developers need to realise they're not going to capture insane sales, fans and audiences going hard-core streaming and hyper competitive play.

At its core that is a diminishing return over time for populations playing. The pros are great for a number of balances and movements or weapon sandboxes etc but they don't deserve to control a game.

It's something 343 drove a divide down the middle of Halo for and it's terrible. Respawn would do well to not oush further down this track. You want people watching or game or playing it and buying stuff?
Bungie did the same with Destiny and it ruined PvP on so many levels. Think they stopped listening when Destiny 2 came out.

ALGS are fun to watch, but I don't want every match in ranked to feel like a competitive match - and that's what they aimed for with these changes.

Keep the de-ranking, teamkills and extra match cost for every 1000 points above master - ditch everything else and everyone should be happy.

Bungie did the same with Destiny and it ruined PvP on so many levels. Think they stopped listening when Destiny 2 came out.

ALGS are fun to watch, but I don't want every match in ranked to feel like a competitive match - and that's what they aimed for with these changes.

Keep the de-ranking, teamkills and extra match cost for every 1000 points above master - ditch everything else and everyone should be happy.
A tiered ranking structure sounds pretty good actually.

A wild rando appears who didn't quit after our first teammate did early on then when he died in last 3 squads and when I had to position wide to get the last two teams fighting. Follow on for that was a last minute save on his banner, long run to respawn/final circle and he came through clutch on the final kill as I downed 2 out of 3 (he got loot from my first kill) and he got the last 1v1. What a finish! Apex has amazing emergent gameplay that exceeds the peak of Halo at times. Sure it has the troughs of shit rando teammates combined with shit rando drops/loot but it recycles so fast and has local regional server/population support. I've said it before Apex is the best evolution of the Halo-style gameplay and sandbox (less vehicles and 1HK things like rockets etc). Respawn has curated an bloody impressive sandbox of characters, abilities, map design, movement, combat and aiming etc. Just brilliant.

R.36e32f755f385447238afba5a0057446

A buddy of mine claimed 90% of players are stuck in gold rank. Given ranked this season I wondered how true that was and here's the official data from Respawn. It's pretty damning when very few are making it to plat levels, almost zero to diamond and essentially none in master or predator. I know they officially came out and stated they're adjusting the rank system at the split but man you have to wonder heading into the 4th year how ranking systems can get so skewed like this. Looking at the data 90% is too low, it appears gold or less is more like 95-99% of the population.

Being in Australia we have a condensed population as it is e.g. gold lobbies and facing preds/masters every game but the levels in pubs and ranked for how many are in game with those badges and playing at silver and gold levels is a total fucking joke. It has made the game pretty unplayable these last couple of weeks. There's no fun in going against the 1% after a 15-20 mins game just to get totally stomped on in a micro-second. Beyond the skill and teamwork difference we see them using XIM M+KB shit e.g. final kill 1v1 and I'm spectating a buddy, he drops the other player to no shields and is about the get the winning kill (legit gold player vs a master by the way) and we see an instant flash of shield swapping and moving away from the box at the same time. The enemy picked up a red shield and then dusted our last teammate to take the win. On console with a controller you cannot physically move away from a box and scroll to grab a shield like you can with a M+KB.

I don't mind the tactics/skill, I appreciate they need players to fight against too but what I don't like is game after game it's this sort of "soft cheating and rank compacting" which is just magnified by smurf accounts even further as well. Why should we 3 middle ages friends having a go in pubs face 3 4K 20bomb masters who are clearly using XIM adapters as well. Fuck that noise. Developers not only need to curate and manage their systems for matchmaking better but they need to enforce and enhance the systems to avoid ongoing exploits far more than they do.

Honestly one has to wonder if going back to simply random solo vs squad matching isn't the answer. When you look over the last 10-20 years of online gaming and the variety of matchmaking data over say 3 years post launch no game has really solved this issue overall. They all devolve into derankers, smurfs, stacked teams, soft/hard cheats and more. What random matchmaking does it take away all that, the very systems developers and platforms devise and sustain are turned against them as players find the processes and gaps to get advantages. Where randomness really shines is it doesn't matter your rank, it doesn't matter your smurf account and they're just left with playing the actual game. It makes their efforts, for the most part, useless in the end result or just not worth their time to fudge the systems.

2KiZzmP.png

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Apex Legends have lost 50% of it's viewers across stream sites like Twitch and YouTube, since season 13 began.

The new ranked system is made for fulltime streamers - Respawn should've known that they're the minority, before changing everything for their benefit = "The grind", viewership, elitism among the 1% of players/streamers.

Last edited:
Apex Legends have lost 50% of it's viewers across stream sites like Twitch and YouTube, since season 13 began.

The new ranked system is made for fulltime streamers - Respawn should've known that they're the minority, before changing everything for their benefit = "The grind", viewership, elitism among the 1% of players/streamers.

Deservedly so. Developers need to wake up to the silent majority facts, the vocal 1% that for sure play your game the most and skew all the metrics devs look at just aren't the masses playing the game. Further having a completely fair and balanced esports style game is fucking boring for most people. I'd sooner watch or play some wild ass sandbox over a precision team 4 shotting a turtle game for the millionth time. Same shit happened to Halo and the developer bought it wholesale and continues that esports push in the maps they design and the modes they offer. At least Respawn seem to be pretty reactive, agile and willing to change quickly e.g. over a split or season. I cannot fault them for trialling different things, as long as they're prepared to course correct and quickly.

Top Bottom