• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apexicon: Fantasy Puzzle Combat - Created by Gaffer - [Wii U/Vita/PS4 stretch goals]

Zukuu

Banned
Backed via PayPal.

Game has potential. In particular the features outside of the battle intrigue me. I love preparing for fights, setting everything up, go shopping, customize everything, managing your own castle/town building stuff etc. Hope details follow.

Will there be equipment, outside of the weapon?

Ashodin

Backed via PayPal.

Game has potential. In particular the features outside of the battle intrigue me. I love preparing for fights, setting everything up, go shopping, customize everything, managing your own castle/town building stuff etc. Hope details follow.

Will there be equipment, outside of the weapon?

There will be lots of items that can go in the offensive and defensive slots, and slotting them will allow you to change how you make words in combat, as well as potential combos from each.

And ANYTHING can be an offensive item. From a broom to an NPC who follows you to the Emperor himself!

Thanks for watching!

Ashodin

UXyroa1.gif

Aww yiss take that turn

P3BmUZo.gif

Now it's my turn, son!

Ashodin

Aw snap dude, I love this so much. You might see this in the game demo somewhere in particular... If you can get to it. Demo soon!

Ashodin

Here's some promo art of the game's ladies

OEpZ1oO.png

SO GOOD.gif

DEMO SUPER SOON. Like I'm super serial close to finishing it.

Ashodin

After some feedback we'll be doing modifications to the demo to make it easier/more user friendly. We's just that dedicated!

Oregano

I'm not sure this is my type of game but I think the art is pretty neat. If it makes it to Wii U I would consider buying it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
This is like...Word Sequence

Backed

This is exactly what I thought when I just saw the images. That Sequence guy must be kicking himself, or sitting around talking to his computer or something equally crazy.

Good luck with the Kickstarter! I'm going to check everything out a little more when I'm home later, but I like the art and the concept could be fun.

Ashodin

I'm not sure this is my type of game but I think the art is pretty neat. If it makes it to Wii U I would consider buying it.

We have a Wii U Devkit, we just need the kickstarter money to pay for it :p

This is exactly what I thought when I just saw the images. That Sequence guy must be kicking himself, or sitting around talking to his computer or something equally crazy.

Good luck with the Kickstarter! I'm going to check everything out a little more when I'm home later, but I like the art and the concept could be fun.

Hey thanks! We're working on fixing a couple of niggling issues with the game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Reposting here, the bugfixed (but not difficulty fixed) demo.

http://t.co/GQ3dFFJ2j2

APEXICON baby!

I cant progress in the character selection screen. I put in my name, but then the continue button doesnt do anything (yes, I pressed enter after I entered my name). Also, when trying to exit the character selection screen, the new pop up wont let me select "No" when asking me whether I want to quit the game.

Ashodin

I cant progress in the character selection screen. I put in my name, but then the continue button doesnt do anything (yes, I pressed enter after I entered my name). Also, when trying to exit the character selection screen, the new pop up wont let me select "No" when asking me whether I want to quit the game.

Yes we've gotten reports about that. The new fixed demo should be out today, including letting you progress in the screen easier.

You have to click "OK" on each option (including putting in a name) before clicking continue, however, I will be adding an event that "auto OK"s every option to make it easier.

Ashodin

Upcoming changes in the demo -

• Balance
  • The Eraser will hit for 3 damage normally, 5 damage when he enrages, and his enrage starts at 10 life not 15.
  • You also overall deal 2 more damage to him as well.
  • Bugfixes
  • The How-To-Play screen is more user friendly.
  • Pressing No when you don't want to exit works on Character Creation Screen and World Map respectively.
  • If you press the "Continue" button on the Character Creation screen without selecting "OK" on all your options, it will give you an error now.
  • The Abin fight will be unlocked from the start considering how difficult it was to get to it. Once you complete the Literati Eraser, you will go to the next screen where the full word sequence will be in the suggestion bar.

OH one more thing - E's will show up much more often now. As well as Q's, U's, W's, X's, Y's, and Z's will be much more rare.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this!

Ashodin

OK - loving this music...

An early version of this is in the game when you fight Abin D. Antz. The updated demo will have his fight unlocked from the start. Previously it was locked based on people out there sharing the words needed to unlocked, but it was too tough to even get to the screen where the words would come up. So I'm going to have it available as soon as you beat the Eraser.

Ashodin

6d1d3685786552c225b89bb2026a5c4c_large.png

APEXICON Demo V.72

Here you go, the second demo, with some changes and the boss battle unlocked!

Changelog

Balance

E's will show up much more often now. As well as Q's, U's, W's, X's, Y's, and Z's will be much more rare.

The Eraser will hit for 3 damage normally, 5 damage when he enrages, and his enrage starts at 10 life not 15.

You also overall deal 2 more damage to him as well.

Bugfixes

The How-To-Play screen is more user friendly.

Pressing No when you don't want to exit works on Character Creation Screen and World Map respectively.

If you press the "Continue" button on the Character Creation screen without selecting "OK" on all your options, it will give you an error now.

The Abin fight will be unlocked from the start considering how difficult it was to get to it.

Once you complete the Literati Eraser, you will go to the next screen where the full word sequence will be in the suggestion bar.

Improvements

Highlights have been added to the tiles when you mouseover. Other buttons have highlights added as well.

Windows Version (ZIP) - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByCEUYIGTsHoLXZGSjBBdTFkRFk/edit

Mac Version (RAR)- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByCEUYIGTsHoakJlR2QwN2x3ODg/edit

Enjoy! Any feedback is appreciated!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sorry that the KS isnt doing too hot Ashodin :(
Maybe it will do better in a few months if you try the KS again with an earlier/better demo.

Ashodin

Sorry that the KS isnt doing too hot Ashodin :(
Maybe it will do better in a few months if you try the KS again with an earlier/better demo.

Nah it's cool man, we got a solid plan ahead of us, we won't let this stop us!

Kickstarter Ends soon!

65tDVTo.png

Ashodin

I haven't posted here in a while, but I've been working on more stuff while working on setting up a second Kickstarter to kick off in January. This time we'll spring back hard!

We've been working on getting the Map scrollable, and getting all the clickables clickable. Then it's setting up all the neat interfaces, from there, writing, more story, combat, all the works!

3o76kzw.gif

Ashodin

We've got mouse hovers working

oet6CUZ.gif

As well as here's a screenshot of our current Equipment Menu!

Equipment will be bought through the game's currency, INK.

snDbi1d.png

Top Bottom