• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event 4.20.21 | Spring Loaded

McCheese

I have the M1 Macbook and it's incredible, the only time Apple haven't overhyped something up - I'm tempted to double dip on a imac or a ipad pro too as you can do pretty much all your productivity / video work on one.

Last edited:

mango drank

I wonder if some of these new products are the first industrial designs that weren't led by Jonathan Ive, since his departure a while back. Would explain the funky-looking new iMacs.

theHFIC

I wonder if some of these new products are the first industrial designs that weren't led by Jonathan Ive, since his departure a while back. Would explain the funky-looking new iMacs.
The company he left to form is still has Apple as a client so he may still have some influence but probably not as much final say as before.

dem

Does anyone else really only use an Ipad to surf the internet while they watch TV?

It does not work in my workflow.

I could probably do my whole job on an iPad if I wanted... just doesn't feel natural.

I'm sure a younger generation would feel better about it though.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Divinity Original Sin 2 coop on iPad Pro... whew.
Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

lachesis

I like the iMac design. Very clean and cute. It kinda feel like almost MS Surface desktop like.

The fact is that iMac attracts certain type of users... and I'm pretty sure most of them are not on GAF.
If I get a desktop for my daughter, I may think about this one.

As per myself, I'm more of PC desktop person.. and I'm a cheap bastard, so would probably go with Mac Mini. (Already have a dual monitor setup)

mango drank

The company he left to form is still has Apple as a client so he may still have some influence but probably not as much final say as before.
Yeah, I thought of that too. But I've heard rumors that the whole "Jony will still be working with Apple" stuff was put out there just for good PR, to make the departure seem like less of a big deal, but that he's not actually doing anything for Apple anymore. Who knows.

Last edited:

mango drank

I was about to say that the new 12.9" iPad Pro starting price was in line with past pricing, but I just looked it up: the 12.9s started out at $799 a few years back, then went up to $999, and now we have yet another bump.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That iPad Pro is just shitting on other tablets now. Good lord.

Yes, but if all you want is an ebook reader and couch web surfing I'd venture out to say there's more reasonable options out there...

That being said, for a lot of creative purposes it's a beast. However, now that it has an M1 chip and costs like a mac, it's actually competing with macs... what would you buy an iPad or an iMac?

AJUMP23

Gold Member

longdi

Banned
so a small price bump despite the 2500 mini-led zones...

like samsung 32:9 2000 mini-led panel, seems like we have a break through in monitor tech this year.

all your hdr dreams are coming true

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
24" and 4.5k is disappointing to me... I was expecting 27" and 5K

That'll come when/after M2 debuts.

If the old 21 is now 24, the old 27 will be 30 or even 32. With how much that'll cost they'll have to give it the pro marketing treatment and that means M2.

Ovek

7Member7
I might need to get 2 4-packs of AirTags:
  • 2 tags for the dogs
  • 2 tags for keys
  • 2 tags for the cars themselves (hello anti-theft tracking)
  • 2 tags for suitcases/backpacks/other travel gear?

I hope your going to have them all suitably engraved with emojis :messenger_grinning: Dunno why but I really like the idea of engraving emojis on them 🤷

CobraAB

Not expecting anything exciting. Probably just a new iPad Pro, Air Tags, new Podcast crap, and maybe new Air Pods. Will be super surprised if we see the new iMacs. That’s what I’m waiting for 😋

Oh maybe we’ll finally get iOS 14.5 final. Think we’re on 8th beta now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

spring announcements suck. WWDC + Fall is where the fun is at.
24" and 4.5k is disappointing to me... I was expecting 27" and 5K
Well, I am thinking there will be another model later with a revised M1 (M1X?) this fall with a larger (28-30”) screen and acts least 5k resolution or maybe even 6k.

Ovek

7Member7
Well, I am thinking there will be another model later with a revised M1 (M1X?) this fall with a larger (28-30”) screen and acts least 5k resolution or maybe even 6k.

Fully expect a iMac Pro (in pro colours of course) upgrade along with a upgraded M1 cpu and micro led XDR screen.

CobraAB

I was about to say that the new 12.9" iPad Pro starting price was in line with past pricing, but I just looked it up: the 12.9s started out at $799 a few years back, then went up to $999, and now we have yet another bump.
The screen tech on the new 12.9” is pretty advanced. I actually thought it might cost a bit more.

Top Bottom