• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

HUELEN10

So A9 handset brethren, do any of you have any game suggestions that just SCREAM on A9 when it comes to performance and fidelity? I wanna see what my SE can do!

Mmm new cases. Need the yellow one next...

8FF89FF1-AEAF-4EEE-BF26-C6F6BB5EA7C8_zps9upyrk6h.jpg

Can any gaffers offer their opinion on the decision between the iPhone 6S and the iPhone 6S Plus? I am really considering the iPhone 6S Plus, but am really worried about exercising with one as I go for runs frequently and cannot afford to be without my phone or I would just use an iPod. The main reason why I would be considering it is for playing games like Hearthstone, watching Netflix and Youtube videos and also heavy browsing. I feel like the regular iPhone 6S would be too small for the kind of content consumption I am used to using my smartphone for, but am afraid the Plus model would be too large to carry around in my daily life.

Can any gaffers offer their opinion on the decision between the iPhone 6S and the iPhone 6S Plus? I am really considering the iPhone 6S Plus, but am really worried about exercising with one as I go for runs frequently and cannot afford to be without my phone or I would just use an iPod. The main reason why I would be considering it is for playing games like Hearthstone, watching Netflix and Youtube videos and also heavy browsing. I feel like the regular iPhone 6S would be too small for the kind of content consumption I am used to using my smartphone for, but am afraid the Plus model would be too large to carry around in my daily life.

I was like you. Opted for the 6s over the Plus, and then used the money saved to bought an iPad mini separately. ( now I'm using an Air 2, but, that's a different story )

I watch movies and TV shows on 6s regularly. It's big enough. Especially for cycling, checking maps, etc. I actually already find it a little too bulky, but, I consume a lot of video media so it's a nice balance between portability and viewability.

If I'm commuting, or just chilling on the couch, the iPad mini fares best - but the iPhone 6s is equally good for those days on the run (literally).

hydruxo

Just got a 6S last night after having a 4S for the past 4 years. I contemplated getting the SE, but man I'm glad I went with the 6S. Initially I was worried it was going to be too big but when I tried it out at the Verizon store I loved it.

Anybody have recommendations for cases? I want something that isn't too bulky

Red

Just got a 6S last night after having a 4S for the past 4 years. I contemplated getting the SE, but man I'm glad I went with the 6S. Initially I was worried it was going to be too big but when I tried it out at the Verizon store I loved it.

Anybody have recommendations for cases? I want something that isn't too bulky
K11 bumper.

Pepiope

Using the neogaf mobile web app, does anyone else have trouble clicking on the arrow (for last page) with 3D Touch so as to open in the background ?

Daffy Duck

Can anyone help me a I am having a nightmare with iTunes and my iPhone.

Basically I had a playlist on my phone and this was on my old laptop (which has now died and I cannot get it working again) now I want to add new music to my playlist on my phone but I've just re-installed iTunes on my new laptop and I cannot get my playlist off my iPhone to my laptop because Apple I assume, all the guides on the internet are from 2012 an say to export the playlist as xml but this isn't an option I can see in the latest version of iTunes.

The only other option is to download some program called iExplorer but I don't trust this as I don't want a virus and I don't see why I should download something when this should be doable through iTunes.

So GAF, please stop me being so mad about this and how can I achieve what I need to so I can add new music to my phone.

jts

...hate me...
An advantage of having a screen as big as the Plus is that you don't have to use mobile websites, no?
I load up the desktop page each time and all works as it should.
It works... but it's very hard to read. Hell, even on iPad I feel that mobile GAF is better at times. Definitely on the mini.

Vyer

I've become so used to mobile GAF that I tend to use it everywhere other than a desktop

Using the neogaf mobile web app, does anyone else have trouble clicking on the arrow (for last page) with 3D Touch so as to open in the background ?

Yeah, I've noticed this. But I don't know if it's a recent thing or not.

Can anyone help me a I am having a nightmare with iTunes and my iPhone.

Basically I had a playlist on my phone and this was on my old laptop (which has now died and I cannot get it working again) now I want to add new music to my playlist on my phone but I've just re-installed iTunes on my new laptop and I cannot get my playlist off my iPhone to my laptop because Apple I assume, all the guides on the internet are from 2012 an say to export the playlist as xml but this isn't an option I can see in the latest version of iTunes.

The only other option is to download some program called iExplorer but I don't trust this as I don't want a virus and I don't see why I should download something when this should be doable through iTunes.

So GAF, please stop me being so mad about this and how can I achieve what I need to so I can add new music to my phone.

By playlist I assume you mean you have music in your phone that you didnt have backed up or uploaded anywhere else?

It works... but it's very hard to read. Hell, even on iPad I feel that mobile GAF is better at times. Definitely on the mini.

Yeah you're right if you're in portrait, it's nigh-on unreadable.
I should've mentioned I do everything I can landscape though, where I find text to be a comfortable read.
I've even turned the system-wide Text Size down to one off from the very smallest.

Landscape is the best reason for owning a Plus for me.
I just wish we could lock the orientation to landscape and more apps supported it. It feels more natural and the native apps that support it all display additional info which makes them easier to use or just simply look better.
I'd find it more difficult to even type something now without the landscape keyboard with its bigger size and additional function keys.
Having an option to auto-request desktop versions of websites would literally be the best possible update they could make to this phone in the way I use it.

Daffy Duck

By playlist I assume you mean you have music in your phone that you didnt have backed up or uploaded anywhere else?

I did have the music but it was all in my old hard drive which I've pulled out the dead laptop.

I solved my problem by copying over the iTunes folder to my new laptop and bingo I could update the playlist.

Red

Has anyone tried something akin to Google Cardboard on an iPhone?
Any recommendations?
iPhone is not the best VR experience out there. Any v2 cardboard headset will do just fine. The plus is slightly better than the normal 6/6s because of its higher resolution.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Every single damn time I try to backup my iphone, there are problems. Been like that consistently since iPhone 3.

Now it's stuck forever on "backing up iphone", while the phone shows absolutely no sing of being synched since nothing is happen on the phone at all, there's nothing being created in the backup folder on my PC either.

Apple u r dumb.

edit: I had to switch from a USB 3.0 port to 2.0. Great

Vyer

Ether_Snake, you consider switching to iCloud backups? I don't miss the days of plugging into iTunes.

Has anyone tried something akin to Google Cardboard on an iPhone?
Any recommendations?

iPhone is not the best VR experience out there. Any v2 cardboard headset will do just fine. The plus is slightly better than the normal 6/6s because of its higher resolution.

Yeah, what Crunched said. Any cardboard set will work, google's cardboard app is there and there are plenty of other apps for it. Rez on the 6s won't be great for VR but it is a fun thing to play around with.

jts

...hate me...
So I've been going caseless for a while now (about a week), and while the body of the phone is absolutely pristine, I caught some natural light on the phone today and my word, the display glass is just a hot mess. Not having a case makes the glass touch the surfaces directly (for example at night, required by my alarm app) but this is more than warranted I think.

They make glass soft as play-doh these days it seems. Nothing I can do about it right?

I have an iPhone 6 that has a slight Crack in the bottom right. Nothing that would be seen in the main screen and the phone works perfectly. I bought an android and put my iPhone 6 up for sale for $200. Some guy wants it but asked why I'm selling it for so cheap?

What should I be selling it for?

I have an iPhone 6 that has a slight Crack in the bottom right. Nothing that would be seen in the main screen and the phone works perfectly. I bought an android and put my iPhone 6 up for sale for $200. Some guy wants it but asked why I'm selling it for so cheap?

What should I be selling it for?

Is it still in warranty (ie the first year of purchase)? Is it locked to a carrier?

$200 is hella cheap for a newer iphone yeah, but it depends on the specifics

Red

So I've been going caseless for a while now (about a week), and while the body of the phone is absolutely pristine, I caught some natural light on the phone today and my word, the display glass is just a hot mess. Not having a case makes the glass touch the surfaces directly (for example at night, required by my alarm app) but this is more than warranted I think.

They make glass soft as play-doh these days it seems. Nothing I can do about it right?
Can you be more specific about what happened? Is the screen scratched? Cracked? Dirty?

jts

...hate me...
Can you be more specific about what happened? Is the screen scratched? Cracked? Dirty?

lol I now see I failed to say what it really happened. Apologies.

The glass is just full of micro-scratches. Something that never happened with my previous iPhone 5, for 3 years (divided into 2 units).

Red

lol I now see I failed to say what it really happened. Apologies.

The glass is just full of micro-scratches. Something that never happened with my previous iPhone 5, for 3 years (divided into 2 units).
I see. I don't think the glass used is any softer than last gen, but I've also had problems. This is the first iPhone I've ever used a screen protector for. Hell, it's the first iPhone I've ever used a case for.

The OtterBox Symmetry is a surprisingly awesome case for the 6s+. It's not that bullshit rubber/plastic do-it-yourself type case like most OtterBox cases. It is a thin(ner) piece of plastic with a matte finish. Comfortable, doesn't slip. Makes the phone kind of heavy, I'll admit.

So for the last 2 days I haven't been able to access neogaf on my 6s, I just get the 'Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server' message. Weirdly enough I get the same thing on my mac at work. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Works fine on my PC at home.

So for the last 2 days I haven't been able to access neogaf on my 6s, I just get the 'Safari cannot open the page because it could not connect to the server' message. Weirdly enough I get the same thing on my mac at work. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Works fine on my PC at home.

It's a weird https thing affecting the GAF homepage. Specific forums still work fine

I can't find an iTunes OT so I'll ask here. I just updated to Windows 10 and now my wife can't sync her iPhone with iTunes. Whenever she tries it fails to copy anything and ends up deleting the playlist she was trying to sync from iTunes!

I can't seem to googlefu this problem.

I flirted with an S7 Edge for a week but I'm going back to my 6S Plus. Loved the other phone but I've come to the conclusion only stock Android is as almost well defined as iOS, and I don't like the Nexus phones nearly as much as the iPhones. So now I wait until September to see what my next choice is.

Red

Didn't Samsung release a new skin that replaces TouchWiz? Good Feel or something. Meant to be more like stock.

Didn't Samsung release a new skin that replaces TouchWiz? Good Feel or something. Meant to be more like stock.

My issue wasn't so much with the feel as it was with the lack of updates. There were so many small things that should have been patched that were on T-Mobile and not on other carriers and that really robbed me the wrong way, not to mention Nexus getting monthly updated and Samsung maybe not even getting N until the next iteration. I'm definitely coming back to my iPhone for the software experience. The S7 Edge felt like a better phone in hand to me.

I just got an iPhone today (switched SIM from Android to iPhone) and for some reason I can't get Visual Voice Mail working. I've tried resetting my iPhone, resetting the voice mail password and resetting network settings. Should I go to a Verizon or Apple store tomorrow? Has this happened to anyone else?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I just got an iPhone today (switched SIM from Android to iPhone) and for some reason I can't get Visual Voice Mail working. I've tried resetting my iPhone, resetting the voice mail password and resetting network settings. Should I go to a Verizon or Apple store tomorrow? Has this happened to anyone else?
When I got my first iPhone, and switched over from a phone that didn't support VVM, I didn't know it wasn't set up for months until I pre-ordered an iPad mini from a local store and never got a message from them so I emailed them and they told me it wasn't set up. I had to call Virgin (My provider) to get it enabled. Have you tried calling Verizon? You usually have to set up voicemail these days. I would try that before going to a store unless it's a quick walk anyway.

When I got my first iPhone, and switched over from a phone that didn't support VVM, I didn't know it wasn't set up for months until I pre-ordered an iPad mini from a local store and never got a message from them so I emailed them and they told me it wasn't set up. I had to call Virgin (My provider) to get it enabled. Have you tried calling Verizon? You usually have to set up voicemail these days. I would try that before going to a store unless it's a quick walk anyway.
They told me I needed an iPhone specific sim card. Well I know that's not true since I've had friends swap out their Android sim cards with no issues. I bet something is messed up on my account.

Apple can't help with visual voicemail stuff, that's all carrier-side

Top Bottom