• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Unleashed | Oct 18, 2021

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

apple-event-unleashed.jpg

Stream link:

Last edited:

Star-Lord

So I’m assuming we’ll see the new M1X MacBook Pro’s here then? I went to buy a MacBook Pro the other day and was told I’d be better off waiting until after this event.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So I’m assuming we’ll see the new M1X MacBook Pro’s here then? I went to buy a MacBook Pro the other day and was told I’d be better off waiting until after this event.
That’s the word on the street. I might not be able to hold back if there is a new iMac Pro.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Our best ever…
Our fastest ever….

EVER! With a side of magical
And yet magically it’s going to wipe the floor with everyone with the ease of use and multi device integration. That is if there is anyone still standing after M1.
Don’t hate on Apple, hate on all the other companies chasing pointless OEM specs. Oh no, I cannot buy in bulk chips from China and slap my name on the chassis, I actually need to innovate for a change.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I guess i heard you can install Windows 11 ARM on these new macs?
Parallels can run Windows 11 ARM, but at some point during the Windows 11 preview it broke.. and then it was fixed.

MS doesn't appear to be directly supporting the platform though, so it's sketchy.

dcll

Banned
And yet magically it’s going to wipe the floor with everyone with the ease of use and multi device integration. That is if there is anyone still standing after M1.
Don’t hate on Apple, hate on all the other companies chasing pointless OEM specs. Oh no, I cannot buy in bulk chips from China and slap my name on the chassis, I actually need to innovate for a change.
Im not hating and I do have an M1 Air and an iPad Pro but I am not some fanatic loyalist so I can joke. I don’t care about specs and what can whoop who or what else, I have no brand loyalty

Last edited:

CobraAB

curious what this M1X will look like? 2 M1's duct taped together?
Nice Nintendo Wii reference. I have, uh, heard that one before.

I am guessing 14” and 16” MacBook Pros with he so called M1X chip.

Maybe a Mac mini Pro with the same chip.

AirPods seem to be happening but do not give a rats ass about that.

Next MacOS will be released within a week of the event I figure.

New MacBook Air seems set for a early 2022 release.

A larger iMac (Pro?) seem to be happening around mid year.

A Redesigned Mac Pro probably late next year.

Maybe we will see AR glasses sometime next year too. Tim Cook seems pretty high on AR.

Parallels can run Windows 11 ARM, but at some point during the Windows 11 preview it broke.. and then it was fixed.

MS doesn't appear to be directly supporting the platform though, so it's sketchy.
I can’t get Windows 11 release version installed on my vmware fusion (intel mac), or bootcamp. all the work arounds result in “this pc can’t run windows 11”. I tried the regedit hacks, and enabling encyrption and tpm on vmware fusion. what gives!?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am not buying anything for a while, but I welcome whatever moves the stock into the green.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

The new MacBook Pro will be the biggest change to the product since the current design was introduced in October 2016. The new models will be the first high-end MacBook Pros to replace Intel Corp. chips with Apple-designed processors. The Mac -- once Apple’s flagship product -- remains a steady seller for the Cupertino, California-based company, generating about 10% of sales.

From the Apple scoop machineBe the first to know what’s next in tech from Mark Gurman's Power On newsletter.
The latest models will include a new design, a MagSafe magnetic charger, and revamped displays in 14-inch and 16-inch sizes. The devices also will return the HDMI port removed in the last redesign and and remove the controversial Touch Bar touch-screen strip from the keyboard. Apple last upgraded the low-end MacBook Pro at the end of last year with its M1 processor. The high-end MacBook Pro hasn’t been updated in two years.

The new MacBook Pros, internally codenamed J314 and J316, will use a higher-end version of the M1 chip, with increased performance for both main computing tasks and graphics, Bloomberg News reported earlier this year.

The new chips will have 10 cores total, including eight high-performance cores for more involved tasks and two low-power cores for more basic operations. They will also come in both 16-core and 32-core configurations for graphics. That compares with the M1, which comes with four high-performance and four low-power cores and seven or eight graphics cores.

The new chips will eventually make their way to other future Macs. Apple has also been working on a revamped high-end Mac mini, a smaller Mac Pro, a larger iMac, a new low-end MacBook Pro and a revamped MacBook Air.

In addition to the new Macs, Apple is working on a successor to its lower-end AirPods. The new version will look similar to the AirPods Pro and have a redesigned charging case, Bloomberg News has reported.

Last edited:
So they are saying that the standard is going to be 16GB ram, and 512 storage, and the prices aren't going to be much different between the 14 and 16 inch models. 14 inch model bout to be $1900 lol

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am stoked, frustrated with my 2016 XPS 15. Thing runs like a jet engine even after 20min of browsing or watching video.

I am finally going to switch to Mac. I absolutely adore Windows, but man portable hardware are just shit. Even Microsoft can't make a decent pro device without adding gimmick and stuff.

I'd love to see what they can pull off on a MacBook Pro 16" M1x.

Apple has some of the best engineers in the world. Except those guys that worked on the keyboards.

Tschumi

just in the world of my mind their marketting suggests that they're announcing a new gaming-focused mac series

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Woot been wanting new AirPods, don't like the pros. Of course they show a blue HomePod mini after I just got a black one for my bday…. Fuckers

not really into Mac laptops any more so I’m out. Gonna order the AirPods though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom