• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[APRIL FOOLS] Nintendo Announces Crazy Galaxy: Feat Ashley from Wario Ware

cyba89

Ashley has an assist trophy, a ton of badges in badge arcade, her own game in Game&Wario and her own mii outfit.

Its obvious shes the most popular character in Warioware which is a shame cause i honestly prefer Jimmy or 9-volt

It's all about her song.

Zalman

Ashley has an assist trophy, a ton of badges in badge arcade, her own game in Game&Wario and her own mii outfit.

Its obvious shes the most popular character in Warioware which is a shame cause i honestly prefer Jimmy or 9-volt
It's because she's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion.

Ivan 3414

After seeing the artwork I thought Anna was Dr. Crygor's kid

150px-Penny_-_Game_%26_Wario.png

People weren't kidding when they said Japanese April Fool's jokes are sick and cruel. Like, ha ha, this awesome looking project you never knew you wanted isn't real. Please understand.

This sucks. This is an awesome concept. Make this game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There seems to be a ton of Ashley badges in Badge Arcade. (There was an Ashley X Link, Ashley X MH one recently.) As someone who thought she always deserved more than just being a B-Tier character, it makes me wonder.
Getting dat push

Zubz

Banned
Between that spiel at the end & Nintendo stating to expect new IP's, I'm convinced this game is in production & this was just an early teaser.

Compsiox

Banned
Between that spiel at the end & Nintendo stating to expect new IP's, I'm convinced this game is in production & this was just an early teaser.

That's not a new IP tho? Wario Ware? I guess if Wario Ware isn't in the title it would be considered a new IP.

Sometimes I think game companies are using April 1st to check if people find the ideas interesting enough. I remember that Pandaren April fool from Blizzard many years ago and they made a whole addon out of it eventually...

Pretty safe bet, yeah. Maybe there's an idea they like but it's a little too out there to be a sure thing so they announce them "as a joke" and see how people react. I buy it.

As seems to be the case with a lot of companies, it feels like they use April Fool's to basically slap some of their fans in the face and go "You're never getting this shit so fuck you"

Crayolan

That's not a new IP tho? Wario Ware? I guess if Wario Ware isn't in the title it would be considered a new IP.

The title is "Crazy Galaxy."

It's only not a new IP if you also don't consider Mario a separate IP from Donkey Kong and Wario a separate IP from Mario. In which case it'd be a spin off of a spin off of a spin off.

Chiming in again to say I'm royally pissed off that this isn't real. I don't even understand what the "joke" is supposed to be. What about this concept constitutes an April Fool's joke? Are you supposed to come away from this and laugh because something like this is too silly to exist? Is there something innately unlikely or impossible about this fantastic concept and cast of characters?

Why is this just a joke? Why isn't this real?

This is so cool and I want it to exist so badly and instead I'm supposed to chuckle and move on with my life. That's not going to happen. I'm too woke to Crazy Galaxy now.

There is an astronaut school shaped hole in my soul.

Dingens

I bet they actually made that game but decided to never release it. It probably sits in Nintendo's vault for another 10 years until somebody digs it up and tuns it into a mobile gatcha game

cloudyboy

Neo Member
wouldn't even be surprised if this come to be sometime eventually, it seem like the type of thing that would be very popular especially in Japan, so I wonder if there will be pressure on Nintendo? and now that I think about it is April fool's even a thing in Japan?

We will see, probably ready to be dissapointed however.

Kind of cruel to announce these fake interesting games when they just launched a system that needs more game announcements.

jdstorm

Banned
Come on Nintendo, at least put Ashley in Mario Kart since she's an actual Mario Universe character. No one would mind the Koopalings getting ditched.
Or even non mario characters like Link, Inklings, AC characters ect

This kind of shit is why I hate April Fools. It's not like funny jokes. Showing games that people would actually want, and not making them is not funny, or fooling anyone. It's just being cruel.

Davey Cakes

Yep, this is a game that I'd be interested in.

Put me in the "I hate when companies make April Fools jokes out of games we'd actually want" camp. God damn it, Nintendo.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The title is "Crazy Galaxy."

It's only not a new IP if you also don't consider Mario a separate IP from Donkey Kong and Wario a separate IP from Mario. In which case it'd be a spin off of a spin off of a spin off.

It's worth pointing out that Mario is under the same series IP as "Donkey Kong," given that the Mario series started in 1981 with the game Donkey Kong - in which you controlled Mario.

Now, the "Donkey Kong Country" is a spin-off that emerged much later... but the Mario series of games starts with Donkey Kong. (Granted, you could make the case that Donkey Kong Jr. is where the DK spin-off series first appeared, but...)

akira28

nintendo would make this a game. they wouldn't waste time making the assets if they hadn't at least imagined it.

I always assumed Mona would be the most popular WarioWare supporting character but this is probably based on bias since the original is the only one I played and I just loved her design.

Man, I hope Switch puts out a reeeeeally good WW. I would be so into that.

They wouldn't last the night.

What if Capcom announced a new Dino Crisis that depicted a lone velociraptor defending itself against bloodthirsty humans with whatever weapons and supplies it could find? You know, for April Fool's?

It's called...

(Googles different words for "human")

...Homo Crisis!

Wait, uh oh--

This is why April Fools is always such a bummer in the video game world.

"Here's a creative game for different demographics and shows some real creativity!"

"Oh wooooooow~"

"April fools we're not actually making the game you'd want please enjoy this focus tested game sequel instead"

":C"

Top Bottom