• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[APRIL FOOLS] Nintendo Announces Crazy Galaxy: Feat Ashley from Wario Ware

Jawmuncher

What if Capcom announced a new Dino Crisis that depicted a lone velociraptor defending itself against bloodthirsty humans with whatever weapons and supplies it could find? You know, for April Fool's?

It's called...

(Googles different words for "human")

...Homo Crisis!

Wait, uh oh--

lol, that got me good

RuhRo

They should have banged out a few April Fool's renders of a photorealistic Metroid to truly destroy the fans.

Zubz

Banned
I always liked 9-Volt more because his minigames are the best

Yup. It always felt like it was just because his Microgames were all call backs, but they were always the penultimate challenge so they worked in everyone's tricks.

That said, he's one of the weaker WarioWare characters personality-wise. I'd mostly want to see a Crygor game, but Ashley was a good pick, too.

i know i'm late but still.
They made some cute designs for this April fools joke
And with Ashley 's mini game in Game and Wario. It wouldn't be too crazy to see for real.
Too bad though

There seems to be a ton of Ashley badges in Badge Arcade. (There was an Ashley X Link, Ashley X MH one recently.) As someone who thought she always deserved more than just being a B-Tier character, it makes me wonder.

They have so much Ashley in badge arcade
Valentine , several halloween costumes , Christmas and New year Ashley
Splatoon , band bros and tank troopers Ashley
even store cllerk and cat girl Ashley etc

At this point. it's almost surprising they haven't given her her own game yet. Ah well

Judging by the concept art , if this game was real you would have farming , cooking , crafting of weapons and spaceship parts, personalize your spaceship, alien encounters can be resolved via dialogue or combat and you can go full guitaroo man too.

Not to mention astronaut school

Zubz

Banned
Judging by the concept art , if this game was real you would have farming , cooking , crafting of weapons and spaceship parts, personalize your spaceship, alien encounters can be resolved via dialogue or combat and you can go full guitaroo man too.

Not to mention astronaut school

So, mini-game collection? Or a game that plays wildly different depending on your character?

Nia

I say with 100% seriousness I would take this over a new Metroid. The fact this is a joke hurts.

Nintendo will make this game. However, gamers will become disinterested when they realize it's just another Wario ware esque title with each character having various microwaves themed around their specialty.

I'd love for this to have more of a action/platformer/rpg feel to it. Perhaps somewhat mimicking the planet structures as well as level design from the SMG and SM3DW series. However, I wouldn't expect something like that.

SalvaPot

Nintendo will make this game. However, gamers will become disinterested when they realize it's just another Wario ware esque title with each character having various microwaves themed around their specialty.

Sign me the fuck on.

Wario Ware with a story mode? Hell yes.

Cerium

This would presumably be an Intelligent Systems joint correct?

I could see it having strategy elements to the combat.

ramparter

Banned
It hurts to see the words Nintendo and Galaxy in a title. I still remember last year when they announced the Galaxy 3DS. Felt like they were trolling me, it wasn't even April 1st.

mclem

Wow, there's a lot of character to those designs.

I love the mechanic girl and the one with the megaphone.

Anna - the mechanic - doesn't look a million miles away from Penny Crygor.

73eLwLM.png

khaaan

huh

good to know

Your original assumption is still correct though. The first Wario Ware was solely developed by Nintento R&D1 which was eventually restructured with Nintendo R&D2 into Nintendo SPD. Intelligent System has been a co-developer to all subsequent Wario Ware titles with SPD.

This is all getting silly though, people see some concept art with a couple throw away sentences and they're off filling the massive, massive blanks with whatever their imagination really wants this to be. There are no mechanics, you might as well say "oh, Retro would be a perfect fit for this because aliens and guns".

Late to the party but if anyone wants this and they're on twitter, you should show your support with the #crazygalaxy tag as Ko is reading them and even retweeted mine :3

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
So who do you think the WarioWare devs are exactly?

The WarioWare devs are Nintendo EPD (formerly SPD) and specifically Sakamoto's group. Intelligent Systems joined as an assistant and co-developer of the series after the first entry, but it's still an in-house title.

For the record, IS' homepage lists every game they've contributed anything to. It doesn't distinguish where they just contributed programming or co-development, from their actual full games. Those NES and GB games are a good example.

Top Bottom