• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Games Announced (Never Alone, Killzone Mercenary, Dishonored)

Really need a new Vita memory card. There's nothing I want to delete to make room for Killzone. Might take the plunge and grab a 64gb card.

Played Aaru until I beat the first "boss". Controls are so bad for no explicable reason but it's fun once it clicks. I wish there were in game collectables though, as I never care about speed run stuff and it seems like the gameplay mechanics would be well suited to secret areas, etc.

xrnzaaas

So how are the controls in Aaru's Awakening? I heard they suck. And correct me if I'm wrong - the trophies are about doing speedruns, right?

Played Monsterbag last night for about 15 minutes and then deleted it. Hate the artstyle, it's incredibly ugly, IMO. It joins "Stick it to the Man" as one of two games I've quit due to sheer ugliness.

FDC1

Played Aaru until I beat the first "boss". Controls are so bad for no explicable reason but it's fun once it clicks. I wish there were in game collectables though, as I never care about speed run stuff and it seems like the gameplay mechanics would be well suited to secret areas, etc.

I don't really understand why they put jump on one of the shoulder buttons (and that you can't change it back to the X button by exemple). Pretty sure it will make a lot of players quit early.

And yes, the game is very "speed run oriented".

Hubb

Played Monsterbag last night for about 15 minutes and then deleted it. Hate the artstyle, it's incredibly ugly, IMO. It joins "Stick it to the Man" as one of two games I've quit due to sheer ugliness.

I liked Stick it to the Man :(. I guess art styles rarely bother me.

I liked Stick it to the Man :(. I guess art styles rarely bother me.

Well, that artstyle may appeal to you. It's a personal-taste kind of thing and I'm not saying people who like it are wrong. The character designs in those games remind me of late-90s Nickelodeon cartoons which I assume the creators probably grew up watching. I didn't care for it then and I still don't now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, that artstyle may appeal to you. It's a personal-taste kind of thing and I'm not saying people who like it are wrong. The character designs in those games remind me of late-90s Nickelodeon cartoons which I assume the creators probably grew up watching. I didn't care for it then and I still don't now.

That's a perfect comparison. That kind of art style irrationally irritates me.

I hope MonsterBag gets interesting at some point, because four levels in and I'm about ready to delete it. Don't mind the art style, but it's just so... dull. And it takes up a bloody massive amount of memory card space. =\

Jito

Banned
Well I was really enjoying tower of guns, but in the later areas so many enemies are spawning that the framerate goes to absolute shit. It's some of the worst slowdown I've ever seen in a game, not just a few framedrops either, it's slowed the whole game down to a crawl.

FDC1

I hope MonsterBag gets interesting at some point, because four levels in and I'm about ready to delete it. Don't mind the art style, but it's just so... dull. And it takes up a bloody massive amount of memory card space. =\

?? It was just 400-something Mb for me

I finished Monsterbag, took me about 2 hours.

It's a very cute puzzler with some obtuse elements in it. Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, it's very cartoony and bloody and I enjoyed how seamless the level changes were with the art making it like a flowing cartoon.

If you got time and enjoyed the first few levels, go on and beat it. It's short but sweet.

bombshell

I don't really understand why they put jump on one of the shoulder buttons (and that you can't change it back to the X button by exemple). Pretty sure it will make a lot of players quit early.

And yes, the game is very "speed run oriented".

You can just map it to X in the PS4 settings now.

Mogwai

This month suck for the PS4. Tower of Guns look boring as hell.

Aaru's Revenge better be good. I'm fed up with forgettable 2D platformers.

The art style for Stick it was awesome. They really nailed the style. It looked amazing. Monster Bag doesn't look a patch on it.

Yeah, game says 3,743 MB for me installed on version 1.11, but I'm not on a 4 GB card, so I don't know if it can fit.

hYgUEKe.png

maybe that's outdated info but the PSN Store itself says you need an 8 gig card minimum

Jingo

So my american account has all the games, but the european( i live in Portugal) its missing two games, never alone is one of them, what the hell?

So yeah, I agree that this month is kinda weak.

I'm enjoying Never Alone for what it is (a meh platformer with a huge cultural draw) It's the kind of game that I love to support because of the cultural meaning of it more than for its a-bit-below-average gameplay. Also, does Unity hates the PS4? This and Surgeon Simulator seem to run at 40 fps with stutter or something (it's not my console before you want me to send my console back to Sony)

Tower of Guns is fun until you reach the third level or so, and then everything is so repetitive. Oh, and wait until you reach this part! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6AkuOxg8LY just look at the wonderful framerate.

Aaru's Awakening is just... bad. Like, really bad.

I'm not one of those guys that wants just AAA-Retail games on Plus. I love my indies and I'd rather have Bastion or Shovel Knight than an offensively bad retail game like Knack, but this month's offerings are just really weak.

cyba89

It seems you can't save mid-mission in Killzone. Just lost like an hour of progress because I thought the game would save at the checkpoint, when I close it.
That's really bad for a "Pick Up&Play"-handheld title. It kinda kills my interest in it.

So now Monster Bag will be the only Plus-game I'll play this month. (Already played Never Alone before)
That's definitely the weakest month in the 1 1/2 years I've been a Plus-subscriber. It's not that bad, because I have enough other games to play atm.

Pezus

It seems you can't save mid-mission in Killzone. Just lost like an hour of progress because I thought the game would save at the checkpoint, when I close it.
That's really bad for a "Pick Up&Play"-handheld title. It kinda kills my interest in it.

So now Monster Bag will be the only Plus-game I'll play this month. (Already played Never Alone before)
That's definitely the weakest month in the 1 1/2 years I've been a Plus-subscriber. It's not that bad, because I have enough other games to play atm.

Give Killzone a chance. It's great. Missions aren't overly long.

cyba89

Give Killzone a chance. It's great. Missions aren't overly long.

What I played was really decent. Controls are a bit crampy on the Vita, but I expected that.
I will definitely give it another chance sometime, but right now I have just too many other games to play.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Yeah this month was a real stinker, funny looking at the reactions when the games are released vs the hype before they come out. Come on Sony give us something good next month!

Redhood

Update your game. The autosave at checkpoints was added via patches.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
so, tower of guns started frame rate is abysmal, getting seconds per frame instead of frames per second. I died and the game crashed.

oh well, fun idea, but circle strafing forever is a little bland, the controls feel off, and feedback is poor.

Top Bottom