• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Xbox Live Games With Gold

AC Revelations is a weird pick because you absolutely MUST have played at least AC2 and Brotherhood to understand any of it, and AC1 to appreciate one part of the game.

Don't forget to try out the multiplayer for AC:R, it's pretty unique but great.

Was waiting for Ryse for what seemed liked eternity and got tired of waiting so I finally caved in a few months ago and got for $15, it was aiight.

What an amazing month. I'm literally interested in playing all these games.

I'm actually really excited to finish Ezio's story after all those years. Really liked that character but stopped playing AC games after Brotherhood.

Good month. Finally, waiting out on Ryse paid off :D

I lowkey think this means Ryse 2. Especially since Crytek are quiet.

Unfortunately I don't think ms will go anywhere near them especially with their current issues. They would be risking a lot of money with a developer who could potentially go under at any moment and get nothing out of it.

I think enough games have been cancelled this gen tbh

R aka Bon

Oh thanks, i was planning to buy Ryse at some point, but never could commit to it as there are so many great games out there, glad that it now will be free for all Gold members :)

jmaine_ph

Great month. Never played Ryse but I have it on PC and will get to it eventually. The Walking Dead Season 2 was great.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Clearly this is to get hype up for Ryse 2 announcement...

Theorry

Never played Revelations, how does it rank in AC games?

Its the "worst" one of the Ezio trilogy. Its still a fun game and great to play just for Ezio and his story. But Constantinopel felt abit dull after the other locations and the hookblade felt like a typical gimmick. Its a oke game but just not like 2 and Brotherhood.

Finally throwing the buy Marius a bone.

tumblr_nakchzbwJL1rmfzd9o1_500.gif

AP90

Excellent month. I love Ryse at launch - perfect launch game IMO.

I played the heck out of it as well at launch.

People should definitely pick up this game. Still hopeful for Ryse 2.

If ms can buy the rights or maybe part of the crytek studio.. Very doubtful though.

nekkid

Wouldn't be surprised. Crytek get to pay some employees in April with this.

Hopefully MS is funding a sequel which helps them further.

I'm hoping for a Ryse 2 in the same vein as the proposed Gladiator sequel.

ValeYard

Anyone who didn't play Ryse: it's actually quite good -- much better than The Order IMO. If you're into Ancient Rome -- like me -- or are curious to see a depiction of Britain with Roman York or go north of the wall into 'barbaric Scotland' you should have some fun.

a.wd

I own all of these on disc so I am happy that I can now get rid of the discs and just have them on rotation!

Great month

Will Sony counter with Knack? :)

Have we already had Walking Dead Season One at some point?

#FreeKnack
I will say it every month :p

Ryse was surprisingly good, I liked it when I played it back during launch and I thought it wowed me during some boss fights
Pretty short but good fun

jem0208

Anyone who didn't play Ryse: it's actually quite good -- much better than The Order IMO. If you're into Ancient Rome -- like me -- or are curious to see a depiction of Britain with Roman York or go north of the wall into 'barbaric Scotland' you should have some fun.

I love all of this!

Not sure why I never picked Ryse up honestly, it looks like the exact type of game I'd enjoy.

What's the story like?

lol Ryse finally happening? Only took how long? XD

Revelations gives me hope for Brotherhood. My disc crapped out shortly after I finished the story (started cracking, never had that before or since with any other CD/DVD/BD ever) and I'd like to be able to play it without rebuying. But then ACII was like, years ago, so maybe I shouldn't expect it soon hahah.

I love all of this!

Not sure why I never picked Ryse up honestly, it looks like the exact type of game I'd enjoy.

What's the story like?

Good revenge tale basically. I enjoyed it. I'd love a decent expanded upon sequel, because the setting was awesome.

That should help Crytek for another week

I can't stress enough that people need to play Ryse on its highest difficulty from the get go, it makes the game so much better

That's an amazing month. I have all those games, though.
Also, I'm glad Revelations being added to BC, love Constantinople. Kudos to Vigil for adding Darksiders despite the remaster.

Monocle

Finally another great month. I've been waiting for Ryse to hit GWG for a long time, and I've been meaning to get to Revelations for, well, several years at least.

I played Ryse at launch and traded it in after completing it. Almost bought it again a few times so turning up on GWG is pretty cool, might finally try the online mode.

I love all of this!

What's the story like?

Standard revenge fare but it's got some really good characters. Basilius is SO good as a villain, hams it up and steals every scene that he's in.

TalonJH

Welp, I get to take Ryse off my list of games to buy thanks to this. I know it's not a great game but I feel compelled to play some games that aren't exactly popular. Mostly to analyze. Also it's really pretty.

I'm happy with the whole list even though I've played everything else on the list.

nekkid

Welp, I get to take Ryse off my list of games to buy thanks to this. I know it's not a great game but I feel compelled to play some games that aren't exactly popular. Mostly to analyze. Also it's really pretty.

I'm happy with the whole list.

You and I have a very different relationship with games.

Chris1

Wouldn't be surprised. Crytek get to pay some employees in April with this.

Hopefully MS is funding a sequel which helps them further.

Sequel is probably happening tbh, something I've noticed from MS GWG is a lot of the games they give away are ones with sequels coming up. Out of the games in the OP, the only ones we don't know about a sequel is TWD and Ryse.

Top Bottom