• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archive of Firaxis' XCOM 2 modding panel from PAX South

that's well above min spec

Really? Because every site I've been on says I don't meet the min requirements yet I dunno how reliable those are. I just bought Dragon's Dogma and that's an open world action game with a more demanding GPU recommended yet I can run it at 1080p 30-40 fps with most things except shadows, hdr and density scaling set to high.

I'd pre-order on steam and just refund it if it runs poorly but then I miss out on the 27% off and I don't wanna wait for a steam sale because that'll take time and who knows how much they'll price the resistance pack at if they even do release it later

ughhh ;_;

Really? Because every site I've been on says I don't meet the min requirements yet I dunno how reliable those are. I just bought Dragon's Dogma and that's an open world action game with a more demanding GPU recommended yet I can run it at 1080p 30-40 fps with most things except shadows, hdr and density scaling set to high.

I'd pre-order on steam and just refund it if it runs poorly but then I miss out on the 27% off and I don't wanna wait for a steam sale because that'll take time and who knows how much they'll price the resistance pack at if they even do release it later

ughhh ;_;

The game is a turned based tactics games. You're fine. Did you play Xcom Enemy Unkown? If not
https://www.humblebundle.com

You can get it for $1. It'll be a fun primer and you can see if that runs well on your PC.

The game is a turned based tactics games. You're fine. Did you play Xcom Enemy Unkown? If not
https://www.humblebundle.com

You can get it for $1. It'll be a fun primer and you can see if that runs well on your PC.

Yeah double dipped on EU on PC after playing it on console (RIP).

EU? 1080, max in-game settings, 30fps

for some reason EW runs at 30fps, 720p, medium settings even after forcing the game to run the NVIDIA GPU and not the integrated one. Have over 50 hours in the PC version and never managed to fix it - still manageable though.

And it's probably much less demanding but I ran Shadowrun Dragonfall fine maxed out.

Sober

Leader class mods is a cool concept. Might actually start with that mod.
This was in Long War, which was basically a hack of the medal system in EW which mostly allowed them to do the same thing.

That in XCOM2 it's pretty much just an extra subclass of a class thing with its own perks and probably xp progression was probably like ages easier to implement, hex editing not included.

Glad to see SMGs being modded in to play around with the mechanics a bit more too.

SRG01

Yeah double dipped on EU on PC after playing it on console (RIP).

EU? 1080, max in-game settings, 30fps

for some reason EW runs at 30fps, 720p, medium settings even after forcing the game to run the NVIDIA GPU and not the integrated one. Have over 50 hours in the PC version and never managed to fix it - still manageable though.

And it's probably much less demanding but I ran Shadowrun Dragonfall fine maxed out.

EW is strangely less optimized than EU. Loading times, graphics, and everything were noticeably worse when I played it months ago.

Erheller

EW is strangely less optimized than EU. Loading times, graphics, and everything were noticeably worse when I played it months ago.

Yeah, loading times for loading a savegame and returning to base were longer in EW than in EU for me. It also didn't run as well, I had to turn a few settings down to hit 60 fps.

Fun fact: hitting Caps Lock during the Skyranger loading screen (the one inside the Skyranger before a mission) makes the level load almost instantly.

aeolist

Banned

ughhh ;_;

per the steam page:

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 1GB ATI Radeon HD 5770, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better

The modding scene will be huge! It's exciting to see finally a proper PC game made with the PC in mind and the concept of the game as a modular platform. I'm usually against platform exclusivity in general but you can't have any on these on a multiplatform game so this is exclusivity done right taking advantage of the platform's strengths. Can't wait. :p

McNum

That is one heck of a modding suite. When they said we get everything, they weren't kidding around. All except the executable seems moddable. Firaxis definitely know how to play to the strength of the PC here.

That's a pretty amazing set of tools. A group could legitimately do a total conversion. Someone with more time than me do a superheroes one, k?

Sblargh

Banned
I am druk wand I want this game xnow. "b-but releae dtae" no fuck releas date I wnat ti it to play it now.
NOOOOOOW.

"stop with the capas"
you don't tell me what you to do. you don't. you just don't.
I want to play this game I want this the game to play this game now.

Guess what, Firaxis was nice enough to include EU/EW content in the mod tools:
Amineri also revealed that there is some content from Enemy Within and Enemy Unknown included in the SDK. Specifically, things to do with gene mods and MECs, neither of which make an apperance in the sequel. These include sound effects, voice lines and icons, meaning keen developers can port over their favourite bits of the original game if they aren't happy they got left out.

Top Bottom