Are we ever getting WipEout 4K?

I was listening to the Wipeout HD Fury soundtrack on my way to work this morning and it made me realize that as a general visual showcase (especially for crystal-clear IQ, given its art style) it'd be really, really nice to bring that franchise back now that we've got the PS4 Pro on the market.

I know Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool is dead and gone, but Evolution hasn't done anything since Driveclub and it'd be really nice to have them do something a little more bombastic.

Yes, also Sony is releasing all it's PS games on Steam and now the Playstation will be called Buy a PC.

Sony doesn't care about Wipeout anymore.

A Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 compilation with native 4k and VR support would be amazing. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility in the future, but Evolution developing it is probably a no-go.

A Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 compilation with native 4k and VR support would be amazing. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility in the future, but Evolution developing it is probably a no-go.
Could always get these guys and I think I read somewhere they wanted to make a new WipeOut game or something like it, but haven't heard anything since.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...o_Liverpool_devs_unite_to_form_Firesprite.php

That Shinobi dude with the smiley face says something is in the works? :p

I totally want to get really drunk and play wipeout vr until I projectile vomit yeah
Well, Thumper moves super fucking fast and people aren't vomiting over that.

That being said, Zone Mode with imported music tracks like on PS3 would be a trip in VR. I remember importing tons of random electronic music from a USB thumbstick and playing it in Wipeout HD.

That being said, Zone Mode with imported music tracks like on PS3 would be a trip in VR. I remember importing tons of random electronic music from a USB thumbstick and playing it in Wipeout HD.
I keep my PS3 around just for Zone mode. Syncopia, air brakes only. I'm not amazing, but I can pretty consistently get to zone 75 or so. It's so relaxing.

That Shinobi post from last week doe.

We're gonna get another Wipeout I expect. And I expect it to be another pseudo-anthology, filled with tracks from previous games, which I'm totally okay with

GAF had it's own soundtrack for Wipeout on the PS3 with all the tracks on it made by Gaffers.

A lovely time it was.

2048 is the best portable racing game EVER.

Was just playing this morning actually, game never ever gets old.

WIPEOUT VR IN MY DREAMS!