• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you into autographs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

I don't get the big deal about them, honestly.

For music.
You meet the artist face-to-face and get to talk with them. See how they act and what their personality is. See "behind the scenes" with the music you listen to.

Here's a one of a kind item that's autographed to me. He made this just for me and features 3 unreleased songs.

xkbb.jpg

___

Hand-written (not autographed) track listing of a rare underground CD. Direct from the artist himself!

CD.. Two members of the group, they both signed it.

Ekdrm2d1

I always thought asking for a signature was rather odd.

I was the same for a few years. I was shy.
As I started to get deeper into it, I felt more comfortable. The worse was asking for photographs! :lol I'm not phased by that anymore either.

I was invited to a photoshoot for the click's upcoming mixtape. Here's a home print-out which I've gotten three (3) members to sign it so far. K-Rino, G.T., and Justice Allah

psk0.jpg

I remember seeing that doc on R. Crumb where he flat out refused that James Albertson comic book store dude an autograph. At first I thought "man, what a dick" but now that I think about it he was smart doing that. Had he been cool about it and done it it might have encouraged more people to ask.

Sorian

Banned
I'm into autographs...
When they're on checks made out to me.

If I could get a hold of a single blank check from a celebrity, I could probably use the whole autograph angle to get them to sign it. Miley Cirus would probably fall for it.

Ekdrm2d1

Did you just happen to be walking to McD's while carrying his discography?

buahaha

Nope, we setup that place as a location. Actually an interesting story. A huge storm came during the same time so McDonalds was put on lock-down. The manager locked the doors and the lights were going off and on. Place was a little flooded. Horror movie type of setting :p

JMizzlin

Which Disney character get bothered for autographs the most? Does Disney make you learn a specific style of sig so there is parity for the decades of different people in the Mickey costume?

They're all pretty commonly asked, but Goofy for sure.
Yeah, there's a signature all performers must learn and recreate (in gloved circumstances).
I'm not sure about signatures from decades ago but these days for sure, it's shared across all Disney parks.

I have a few autographs.

Bo Jackson, Reggie Bush, Charles White, Marcus Allen, Pete Carroll
I have some from Jim Lee, Werner Herzog, and Mike Mignola.

I don't collect autographs but it's cool to have those ones.

Ekdrm2d1

Whoring myself out here..

K-Rino's Annihilation of the Evil Machine collection. All signed to me.

Poster, T-Shirt, Skateboard, CD, and Concert flyer

ntcs.jpg

The skateboard was personally his! I went to his house and asked if I could buy it from him. A skateboarding company made the board for him

The autograph.... Dat 1 of 1

sndw.jpg

smr00

Banned
I try to get all things horror related signed by my favorite actors, directors etc. I have a VHS, Laser Disc and the ultimate DVD set of Dawn of the Dead signed by the cast (including Savini) and Romero. I have the first TWD omnibus signed by Kirkman, Moore and Adlard. Few other films like Evil Dead, Halloween, Nightmare and Friday the 13th signed by Bruce, Sam, John etc.

I don't pay ridiculous con prices though. If i see one at a con for reasonable price i will snag the autograph but if they want $40,50+ i laugh and walk away. It's why i don't have Carl from TWD autograph on my S2 zombie head because he wants $50. I got Rick, Daryl and Merle under $50. Why the fuck would i pay that little shit $50?

aphasias

I don't pay ridiculous con prices though. If i see one at a con for reasonable price i will snag the autograph but if they want $40,50+ i laugh and walk away. It's why i don't have Carl from TWD autograph on my S2 zombie head because he wants $50. I got Rick, Daryl and Merle under $50. Why the fuck would i pay that little shit $50?

People charge their fans money to sign things?
Fan conventions seem so strange to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom