• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more interested in Snipperclips or FAST RMX

Breath of the Wild will certainly dominate the Switch's launch day but in the launch month comes two downloadable gems in the way of Snipperclips, a co-op puzzles game and FAST RMX, somewhat a remaster of FAST Racing Neo but with a bunch of new content.

screenshot03.jpg

screenshot04.jpg

FAST Racing Neo was one of my favourite Wii U games and I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see another take on it coming to Switch. FAST RMX supports up to 4 players locally and 8 players online and it seems many of the vehicles are entirely new, perhaps for better handling. Shin'en also claim it's running at 1080p 60fps, a far cry from the Wii U's sub 720p but we'll see what's going on under the hood when it launches, the Wii U version had some tricks. 5 people worked on FAST Racing Neo and I imagine the same staff are involved with RMX.

Snipperclips is a $20 puzzle game where you cut your partner to form new shapes and solve puzzles. To my knowledge it can only be played with another player but it'll be a brilliant game to play with the joy-cons. Originally Snipperclips was an indie game called Friendshapes but Nintendo picked it up as a first party IP for the Switch. It is being developed by Nintendo and 2 man studio SFB games.
Edit: apparently Snipperclips allows for 1-4 players

So which exclusive budget Switch game are you more interested in?

Gaspard

Snipperclips tbh, it looks really fun. I enjoyed Fast Racing Neo on Wii U but I don't think i'll be double dipping.

FelipeMGM

Snipperclips, its just looks super jolly

Also because I want to support Nintendo going in making quirky projects with small indie studios like this

daxgame

I'll get FAST for sure.
Not interested in the other game but it looks cute. My wife would probably want to play it with me, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Platy

Snipperclips by far.

Love f-zero but Fast Racing Neo just didn't grabbed me.

Also Snipperclips is probably the most charming puzzle game in a long time

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Snipperclips since its a completly new title - but ill be getting both titles in addition to Zelda in March.
I'll get FAST for sure.
Not interested in the other game but it looks cute.

Watch the Treehouse Live segment...you will be a believer if you have at least one person you can play it with.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Out of those two, i'd be a million times more interested in Snipperclips.

The FAST series has always looked like a very low-rent Wipeout to me.

shandy706

Both sound neat and I'll probably have to get them.

I honestly had no clue what this thread was about until I entered it and read the description. Haha

Edit* add me to the list of those who have not played Fast Racing Neo

Ibuki

Banned
I never picked up Fast Racing NEO on the Wii U, so my excitement for this new version is very high.

As for Snipperclips, it looks super fun and hilarious. I will probably end up grabbing both.

oatmeal

Banned
They both look good. I have Fast on the Wii U and didn't play it much, so I doubt I'd play this version either. I wish there were an upgrade fee.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm excited for both, unless Redout releases at the same time, I might then go for it instead of Fast.

Kathian

Banned
Snipperclips is just another great looking local multi game (which seems to be making a return) which I can appreciate but will never be in a position to get much from it.

Type40

Snipperclips.

I wasn't interested in a bad F-zero clone on WiiU and i'm still not interested in it for Switch.

jonno394

Was interested in Fast Racing until I read that the single player content is a bit lacking. Redout seems to have a fully fledged career mode, so will likely go for that instead, hopefully Nicalis get it out asap.

wrowa

Weird comparison, but I'm looking forward to playing Snipperclips with my gf. It looks like a ton of fun.

Weird comparison, but I'm looking forward to playing Snipperclips with my gf. It looks like a ton of fun.
They launch in the same month, go for the same price (judging by what FAST went for on Wii U) and are both exclusives, comparison isn't that strange.

Megatron

Snipperclips is a $20 puzzle game where you cut your partner to form new shapes and solve puzzles. To my knowledge it can only be played with another player

Snipperclips is just another great looking local multi game (which seems to be making a return) which I can appreciate but will never be in a position to get much from it.

Snipperclips, not that I really have anyone to play with.... Wow that is depressing.

At the 2:30 mark of the tree house video, they say the game supports 1-4 players. That is just one of the modes they were showing.

https://youtu.be/Phs1pDpCYL8

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Fast remix on Wii U was not sub 720p, it used temporal reprojection to hit it. Its probably the same for Switch

Top Bottom