• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more interested in Snipperclips or FAST RMX

Plum

People are saying it has 1-4 player modes, will be nice to get a trailer showcasing everything you can do in Snipperclips.

As said, it's not locked to 2 players.

How many times do we have to say Snipperclips isn't locked to 2 players?? It's 1-4 players.

Can we please put a big sign saying it's 1-4 players somewhere? Lol

Ah, well this is the first time I've heard of it as I only took a glance at the main announcement thread, please forgive me GAF.

...though it still depends on how much content there is in 1 player mode. For that price I'm expecting at least the amount a game like Pushmo provided.

Alpha_eX

Snipperclips is so much fun, day one for me. I dislike the F-Zero clone because it's the reason Nintendo don't feel the need to make a second futuristic racing game.

I'll probably pick up FAST on a sale (still barely touched the wiiu version) snipperclips though I'm day one on, i can see violence breaking out when played

RM8

Not trying to derail thread, but why do you feel that way? I played FAST on Wii U but Redout looks cool too and was considering picking that up instead
I've played a lot of these futuristic racers that want to capitalize on the absence of F-Zero and Wipeout, and one thing I notice is that most of them feel a bit weightless and "on rails". Redout is a bit guilty of that, while FAST Racing NEO subverts that big time and that makes it one of the best alternatives out there (I mean, in my opinion it is the best). But Redout isn't bad either, it's just not as fun and challenging in comparison.

BooJoh

I bought FAST on Wii U as an F-Zero substitute and it did not do the trick at all. The core mechanics are decent enough, and the graphics are gorgeous, but it has WipeOut style handling. I can't think of another futuristic racer that has captured the superior handling of the F-Zero games and without weapons.

I haven't looked into Snipperclips yet because it looks like something more for multiplayer and I don't typically have the chance for local multi, but I'm hearing a lot of people say it's the hidden gem of the announced lineup.

My second launch game - if I can manage - will likely be Bomberman.

Megatron

Snipperclips is so much fun, day one for me. I dislike the F-Zero clone because it's the reason Nintendo don't feel the need to make a second futuristic racing game.

Come on. Nintendo hasn't made an f-zero since the GameCube days. You can't lay this at Shin'en's feet. Nintendo isn't making an f-zero because of fast racing neo, if anything FRN was made because Nintendo isn't making an f-zero. It's like saying Microsoft isn't making a new banjo kazooie because Yuka laylee is coming.

JCH!

Both!

I didn't get FAST for Wii U even when I always wanted to do this is the perfect opportunity to give that series a go.

Also, the Treehouse steam completely sold me on Snipperclips. That vans is oozing charm and it looks like the perfect game for me to play with my girlfriend.

I've played a lot of these futuristic racers that want to capitalize on the absence of F-Zero and Wipeout, and one thing I notice is that most of them feel a bit weightless and "on rails". Redout is a bit guilty of that, while FAST Racing NEO subverts that big time and that makes it one of the best alternatives out there (I mean, in my opinion it is the best). But Redout isn't bad either, it's just not as fun and challenging in comparison.

Interesting to hear. I'll probably end up buying both eventually. I already have Redout pre-ordered and I may pick up FAST RMX later down the line

OT: Snipperclips looks dope as hell, I'll definitely pick that one up day 1.

Dominator

Is FAST RMX not Redout? Damn I didn't know that, that's two racing games on the horizon for me then.

I'll go RMX over Snipper at an excitement level, but I'm gonna get both.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Doubt it, FAST got a Nintendo Selects retail release on Wii U so there's a chance they may in the future.

If Nicalis can put Redout at retail, there's no reason why FAST can't have a spot on the shelf there, too.

I have to believe there is justice in this world.

TimmiT

C2BIyy6VQAAT1jF.jpg

Don't think Redout has a date though.
Published by Nicalis, so I don't expect that one to be released for some time.

steveovig

Did Fast Racing NEO have a learning curve to it? I'm not very good at either F-Zero or Wipeout but that game has always looked cool to me.

Crayon

I like this dare to compare thing.

I think I'm leaning towards snipperclips because I've never seen anything like it.

Noitshado

Fast RMX didn't get on WiiU so ima pick that up and if Snipperclips has same level of content as say the pushmo series Im down for the 20. Only thing is if its predominately a local multiplayer game to get the most out of it I might have to think about it.

//DEVIL//

Sorry to raise this thread up. but fuck man there is a new FAST game coming to Nintendo Switch ? this is really a system seller for me. where the hell the hype about this game ?

I was just watching youtube and I came up with this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWg3KAMnXU

man it looks so clean and pretty.

I really hope we get a physical release for this game

Alpha_eX

Come on. Nintendo hasn't made an f-zero since the GameCube days. You can't lay this at Shin'en's feet. Nintendo isn't making an f-zero because of fast racing neo, if anything FRN was made because Nintendo isn't making an f-zero. It's like saying Microsoft isn't making a new banjo kazooie because Yuka laylee is coming.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that because there is already one, there's no need to develop another (F-Zero) but I can't remember the source.

It's hard to deny that Nintendo has less incentive to make a futuristic racing game as there is already on the platform.

Vastly different games but ill get both
Sorry to raise this thread up. but fuck man there is a new FAST game coming to Nintendo Switch ? this is really a system seller for me. where the hell the hype about this game ?

I was just watching youtube and I came up with this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWg3KAMnXU

man it looks so clean and pretty.

I really hope we get a physical release for this game
Yes and it is like 50 tracks more i heard

If Nicalis can put Redout at retail, there's no reason why FAST can't have a spot on the shelf there, too.

I have to believe there is justice in this world.

Heard in an impressions video + a FAST RMX developer was beside the demo kiosks at the event. Apparently they're only waiting for Nintendo to finalise the online infrastructure.

If all is good for launch they will launch they said.

StayDead

I played both Snipperclips and Fast RMX yesterday at the Switch event in London.

Both are very good games. I will most certainly buy both, but I'm more interested in Snipperclips as it appears to be this generations Pushmo since it's a new Puzzle game from Nintendo!

Are gamers really that lonely?

Snipperclips looks fantastic, my soon to be wife is excited about it! (and if the Switch ever gets Overcooked, I'm not getting her away from that console).

OryoN

I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so I searched for a related one.

Saw a new Shin'en interview a while ago, but - not surprisingly - it's in German. Seems like they spoke a little bit about the performance of the Switch, and how FAST: RMX maintains 60fps at all times, apparently even in multiplayer mode(was trying to pick out a few words here and there).

Would anyone like to provide a summary of some of the key statements? Seems like some little tidbits are in there. Link below.

https://youtu.be/vFG7Kz5okas

Fireblend

Banned
Snipperclips for sure. Looking forward to playing it with my gf :D I think I'd buy it if it was twice the price because it looks like the perfect game for us.

Top Bottom