• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still investing in the Xbox ecosystem?

Will you spend money on XBOX ?

• Total voters

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Will always support their platform exclusive stuff (physical any way) but I do that for all the consoles.
I do not use any of their hardware and don't use their gamepass offerings (console or pc).

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Have gamepass(PC) for another year. Unless COD is day one ill let it lapse. First party has largely been a let down on the service.

Last edited:
By definition, it’s a significantly worse investment because it yields no return. It can’t even be considered an investment at all. Physical libraries can appreciate or depreciate in value. Digital libraries do not.
“Better purchase” is better term?

I keep everything digital so I won’t sell anything.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I still use my Series X pretty often as I have that hooked up with my PC monitor. I have an S hooked up to living room TV and it's pretty much a Sling or Fubo box when I need to watch some live sports.

I don't know if I'll invest too heavily gamewise going forward but I have a solid library of games on it. If they make another box, I will definitely have some interest, but we'll see. I skipped on the XBO generation, could do the same again.

Just Gamepass Core for me as well.

Last edited:

Yea this is one of the benefits of going all digital for me. I used to sell games and then want them come back months later but it would be like midnight with everything closed. Now I don't have that issue and I have 1g fiber so I can download almost anything within 15 mins.

I'm trying to wait on news about forward compatibility being guaranteed on PC, and their ecosystem / hardware future plans before making bigger game purchases. Been mostly playing backlog stuff and GP this year. Still pretty hard to avoid some of these crazy sales. I think I got 10 games yesterday alone for less than $5 a piece.

If they do somehow manage to build in an Xbox layer in Windows, I'll be extremely happy about investing in that ecosystem. I'm just waiting to hear if I'm screwed or if my whole library is being built into compatibility with virtually anything. Hope it's the later!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Us underdogs need to stand together

c048e0f83145476036d97558f44b5f24bbe0166684c658966653522faac084b6_1.jpg

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I'm gonna buy the games I want from Steam because even if I hate MS, it's not right to let hard working devs suffer from their disgusting corporate decisions. That's about it when it comes to supporting their games division. No Game Pass, no future hardware, not getting locked up in their eco system in any way.

They've done almost nothing for like 10 years now, I'm pretty much out. I'll be all the way out when they raise the price of gamepass or stop putting any first party titles on gamepass day one.

Nydius

I voted no but I realistically need a “it’s complicated” option. I’ll continue buying physical games that are only available on the Xbox platform and I have stacked Game Pass through December 2025. But I’m not going to build a digital library on Xbox because it feels risky, if not outright foolish, to do so at this point.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Yes. For multiple reasons, I find the eco-system and what it offers more compelling than the PS5 ecosystem at the moment.

Others may disagree and that's fine.
What’s going to happen to all your purchases when MS axe the hardware division of Xbox?

ToadMan

For me I’m not investing in Gamepass, Xbox or the Microsoft store until Microsoft show me commitment to gaming…I lost all confidence in them for now.

Renting games (in fact renting anything) isn't "investing" - it's the opposite.

Using GP is exactly what you should do if you've lost confidence just to play a game or two you want. Then drop the sub again when you're done.

Nope

Sold my Xboxes, letting my Gamepass ultimate expire, and grabbing everything on Steam.
Same but thankfully I sold off my series x on the used market started just before I became a bag holder. Trying to sell a series x now will yield a serious loss. The market doesn’t want it. I’m also done with Gamepass once it expires. My 3 year sub comes to an end in September and there’s a less than 0% chance that I’ll renew.

Codes 208

I still play halo on pc, so technically yes?

And if the xbox handheld comes to fruition, then I’ll be buying day one

Last edited:

Jaybe

I had a launch month Xbox Series X and bought the 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate conversion deal. Going through some of the back catalogue especially with improved load times and fps in some cases was nice, and at times Game Pass had some good releases that appealed to me occasionally like Hades, TinyKin, Outriders, etc. But 2022 was a disaster for larger exclusive releases, and by the time Redfall came around, to think Xbox internally tested the game and thought it suitable for release was a big disappointment. Also it became clear that their list of titles to release in a year from the June 2022 showcase, had many misses on that date most notably Starfield and Forza Motorsport seeming making clear their studio management was in disarray (especially following Halo Infinite and Redfall). So I took advantage of the June 2023 showcase and any remaining Starfield hype that might be out there to sell my Xbox Series X. I let my Game Pass Ultimate end in November 2023 giving Starfield and a couple other titles a try with my Gaming PC that is getting a bit old now. I was unimpressed with Starfield, too many load screens, menus, and space combat wasn’t interesting. The other thing was the internal Microsoft emails about “spending Sony out of business” and buying Nintendo being a “career moment”, just seemed gross and I didn’t want to support them further.

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
All my owned content will still be there on my Xbox, hopefully they don't remote wipe my console :p

And they've committed forward compatibility so whatever they do next, my existing profile should continue with whatever I own.
I have 500 digital Xbox games that hope your right 😂

Nope, sold my Series X last year, despite having 150+ games in my library. The lack of heavy hitting exclusives, focus on game pass, general strategy, leadership and pay to play online all combined just pushed me away completely.

I'll play PS5 for anything I really want on console, otherwise Steam Deck and PC for me now.

“Better purchase” is better term?

That’s a more appropriate term. I used to purchase digitally as well but I switched back to physical where possible because it’s a net loss for me. I have so many digital games that I’ve either never played or will never play again that it’s just clutter. At least when I’m done with physical, if I like it enough to hold onto it, I do. If I don’t, I sell to subsidize the purchase of new games.

I have 500 digital Xbox games that hope your right 😂
We just are waiting to see what this means.

• "Sarah Bond also revealed that Microsoft has set up a dedicated team to future-proof our digital Xbox game libraries across future hardware paradigms to further "build on [Xbox's] strong history of delivering backward compatibility."

Last edited:

intbal

I won't be buying any more "Live Service" games like Redfall, since Microsoft has signaled that they will eventually take my purchases away from me. But I'll still buy offline-capable games for Xbox. I don't subscribe to Gamepass.
Need more information about what the next console will be.

XXL

I own a Xbox Series X and I have never bought anything on it aside from a month of Game Pass here and there.

Same with the PC app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom