• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ark II is Coming to Xbox Series X|S as a Console Launch Exclusive

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Waste of a moneyhat.

I thought Ark was really popular? Personally I am not into these survival type games, they seem to demand either too much of a time investment or the requirement to roll with a clan - which as an adult with a salary job that takes up 40+ hours a week is pretty difficult to swing.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I thought Ark was really popular? Personally I am not into these survival type games, they seem to demand either too much of a time investment or the requirement to roll with a clan - which as an adult with a salary job that takes up 40+ hours a week is pretty difficult to swing.
Popular yes, but any good? That's up for debate. Studio Wildcard is just a joke of a studio in my opinion.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
PC same day and date. Well this has certainly killed any hype this game had.
Game is bad because it also comes on pc?

You are as miserable as those saying Bethesda is shit the second it got revealed that Microsoft bought them.

LOL I thought MS didn't believe in timed exclusives and it was anti consumer by Sony? Hahahaha.

It's shit and anti consumer no matter who does it.
Just be glad it looks like a downgrade from ark,looks like a cgi trailer from 2004, you probably won't miss out on much.

Ain't The Forest a PlayStation console exclusive?

Console exclusive probably. Title started on pc.

I play stranded deep . Its free on psnow.

And its miles morales better than ark

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

splattered

To be fair i think Microsoft has had this relationship with the studio since the beginning of Ark... i think it came to Xbox Preview Program first? They are probably just continuing the relationship and putting it out on the preview program for Xbox first again. Doesn't mean Microsoft paid them for any sort of exclusivity, it just means the devs chose to work with Microsoft first.

silentstorm

Don't really care, but Ark is strangely popular so i guess...good for Microsoft?

Yeah, i actually own and like my Xbox but i agree with most users here, Ark 1 isn't a great game, but it apparently has enough brand power it's worth getting it as a timed exclusive, i mean, i knew a lot of people play it just not sure it's that popular, won't exactly be rushing to get this.

I mean, Microsoft should absolutely get more popular games if they want to sell units, i just wish it was games i would actually want to play.

splattered

Beta tested on Xbox, thanks guys.

TRUTH.

My son started playing and fell in love with Ark when it first came out and constantly begged me to play it with him but i just couldn't it was so bad. So very very bad. Game is in a much better state now but MAN it was rough for like forever.

Kerotan

Game is bad because it also comes on pc?

You are as miserable as those saying Bethesda is shit the second it got revealed that Microsoft bought them.

It's shit and anti consumer no matter who does it.
Just be glad it looks like a downgrade from ark,looks like a cgi trailer from 2004, you probably won't miss out on much.

Console exclusive probably. Title started on pc.

Capture.jpg
I actually disagree and think Sony and MS are well within their rights. I think it's pretty pointless for MS to blow the cash because they've to pay more to keep it off playstation then Sony have to keep it off xbox due to the sales disparity. But they're entitled to try.

But this PR campaign their fanboys latched onto was absolutely pathetic.

And they're nowhere to be seen now that they're doing what Sony did.

Top Bottom