• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armed group planning a "Draw Muhammad" contest outside Mosque

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
10987635_1576207769307278_5242871596646106207_o.jpg

This are the allies of those against "religious bullshit" lol

Someone should start a gofundme campaign to fly these guys to some middle eastern country so they can protest like this. Either they go and get killed, or they decline and thus admit to being scared of encountering legit extremists. Either way we win.

And if he says no someone should ask him if he would have been so cowardly had the marine corps sent him there.

Just heard on the Fox local stream that bar they were planning on meeting at afterwards, Wild Bill's has closed tonight with a message on the outside saying something along the lines of "out of respect for the community and our employees we have decided not to open tonight, we'll see you all tomorrow". Good on them. I believe someone in this thread didn't think they had the balls to draw the ire of biker types, glad to see they did.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Just heard on the Fox local stream that bar they were planning on meeting at afterwards, Wild Bill's has closed tonight with a message on the outside saying something along the lines of "out of respect for the community and our employees we have decided not to open tonight, we'll see you all tomorrow". Good on them. I believe someone in this thread didn't think they had the balls to draw the ire of biker types, glad to see they did.

Also earlier on at a Denny's where the liked to meet, they closed that as well this morning I believe

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"They are the ones with the bad track record."

So white people killing Native Americans and enslaving African Americans is a good track record?

This was apparently from the person that organized the protest.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads

So white people killing Native Americans and enslaving African Americans is a good track record?

you kidding they are probably proud of it

lednerg

The guy who started it, Jon Ritzheimer, is there now. He's saying on the Fox stream that the people protecting the mosque are actively threatening him, giving him the finger to the throat sign and so on. Now he's saying "this is tyranny" and how he's "going into hiding". What a fucking clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CvHOiwybyg

You can rewind the video.

EDIT: And holy shit at the Fox reporter commenting about it afterwards, literally saying that there are mosques in America radicalising Muslims. What in the fuck?

Is this the bald asshole on the fox feed? The one with the "fuck Islam" tee? These people man.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
EDIT: And holy shit at the Fox reporter commenting about it afterwards, literally saying that there are mosques in America radicalising Muslims. What in the fuck?

I love who he threw it at the end.

(More or less what he said) "I understand what he is saying (John, the organizer), but that mosque has nothing to do with radical Islam. Although, we don't know if there are radicals in there. But the majority aren't."

Blew my mind. SMH.

Is this the bald asshole on the fox feed? The one with the "fuck Islam" tee? These people man.

Yeah, that is the one.

Edit- This female reporter is about to cry on the air. They are talking about terrorists.

I love who he threw it at the end.

(More or less what he said) "I understand what he is saying (John, the organizer), but that mosque has nothing to do with radical Islam. Although, we don't know if there are radicals in there. But the majority aren't."

Blew my mind. SMH.

Yeah, that is the one.

Edit- This female reporter is about to cry on the air. They are talking about terrorists.

Gotta keep the people scared somehow. Fox is probably the only source of news for most of these people.

The guy who started it, Jon Ritzheimer, is there now. He's saying on the Fox stream that the people protecting the mosque are actively threatening him, giving him the finger to the throat sign and so on. Now he's saying "this is tyranny" and how he's "going into hiding". What a fucking clown.

He's playing victim now? I suspected he wasn't totally there in the head before, but Jesus.

lednerg

The world that Fox News and right-wing media puts their listeners into is a cartoonishly scary place... for white people and the temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

He's playing victim now? I suspected he wasn't totally there in the head before, but Jesus.

Yeah, apparently he's not aware of the "optics" on the ground, as they say in the news. Namely, the video footage of white supremacists and gun-toting morons in flak jackets.

EDIT: I love how this local FOX guy feels the need to constantly pander to the most ignorant motherfuckers in the country. I know they're not the same as Fox News, but my god, it doesn't seem like they're that far off.

Nabs

This is the same Fox affiliate that was pretty shitty during the Baltimore protests.

Yo, this is some dark shit right now. I wish I could just type out the entire little thing on how this is a good thing because it allows these people to vent rather than firebomb a mosque (and other things in the dark corners of their minds).

Codeblue

"Defended us in Iraq". Christ. Does the country at large still not understand what went down in Iraq?

Hieberrr

Jeez, draw Muhammad all you want, but doing it in front of a mosque and making a spectacle out of it is just plain disrespectful.

Dankul

Although I don't agree with the armed protest and their underlying motives, I wonder if there is a double standard here. How is displaying drawings of Muhammad in front of a mosque any different than the gay community organizing "kiss-ins" in front of churches (not just Westboro), mosques, and the pope? Are they also being disrespectful and/or trying to incite violence?

Although I don't agree with the armed protest and their underlying motives, I wonder if there is a double standard here. How is displaying drawings of Muhammad in front of a mosque any different than the gay community organizing "kiss-ins" in front of churches (not just Westboro), mosques, and the pope? Are they also being disrespectful and/or trying to incite violence?

Ya it's extremely disrespectful imo.

You've got to be kidding me.

Hieberrr

Disrespectful, but different. On one hand, we're talking about human rights. On the other hand, we're talking about protesting because we don't like your kind.

I think people are more bothered by the guns and the very obvious desire for violence than the drawings. I know if a bunch of people came together to do a gay kiss in while also being armed and terrorizing the people at the church, most of the people in this thread would be against that, too.

JDSN

Banned

Are this kiss-ins something that gay people pull out their ass or a response to the persecution and oppresion by religious groups and interests that refuse to acknowledge their condition as real americans that deserve the same rights as the rest? Do they bring guns to this events? How does kissing incites violence in the same way than this?

Squire

Banned

They don't carry assault rifles and body armor, for starters.

lednerg

Are they seriously allowed to use megaphones, especially at this hour? Seems like that was always prohibited for other protests such as Occupy, #BlackLivesMatter, etc. Also, did they actually get a permit for this?

lednerg

There's already a precedent for violent reactions on the other hand...

Not from American mosques there isn't. In fact, this particular mosque went as far as to publicly denounce ISIS and other groups, not that any of the dipshits on the ground got that memo.

This is sick. A bunch of Nazi's with AR's. Are there people at the mosque?

Yes. There's a larger group of supporters in front of the mosque, chanting stuff like "God is love" and being quite peaceful.

EDIT: The person on the megaphone is truly an abhorrent scumbag. He's really something else.

My god... the stupidity of this post took 5 years off my life.

Dankul

I think people are more bothered by the guns and the very obvious desire for violence than the drawings. I know if a bunch of people came together to do a gay kiss in while also being armed and terrorizing the people at the church, most of the people in this thread would be against that, too.

They don't carry assault rifles and body armor, for starters.

Are this kiss-ins something that gay people pull out their ass or a response to the persecution and oppresion by religious groups and interests that refuse to acknowledge their condition as real americans that deserve the same rights as the rest? Do they bring guns to this events? How does kissing incites violence in the same way than this?

Please don't think I am supporting the biker's protest. My inquiry was more towards comments stating that just drawing Muhammad in front of a Mosque is disrespectful and /or trying to anger to church goer (incite violence was a poor choice of words on my part).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom