• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core 6 leaked in game screenshots tweaked and unwatermarked

Bartski

Gold Member
Less garbage quality and give a better impression of art direction I guess? IMO worth posting, kudos to u/Gearphyr

szltsIX.jpg
Mljj84s.jpg
MeqOXez.jpg
l8Vo2Zw.jpg
Ix8Rwje.jpg
3fydKKE.jpg
vJoEXgC.jpg
GLLSvVP.jpg
mw8YopA.jpg
rCrRGJ4.jpg
uPBTDbD.jpg
4Zw1nIU.jpg

anthony2690

Gold Member
I thought armoured core was harder than the souls games tbh.

I dropped for answer as it just frustrated me, really wanted to like that game.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I understand the screenshots are leaked but why would the quality be so poor? I can hardly tell what I'm looking at

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Looks like an early PS4 game, as expected from FROM.

Not touching anything from them until they get their fucking shit together graphically speaking.

Inexcusable coming from an AAA dev with a greenlight to get whatever budget they want.

Step your shit up. Why is a small team like Striking Distance putting out infinitely better looking games than you?

Enough.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Looks like an early PS4 game, as expected from FROM.

Not touching anything from them until they get their fucking shit together graphically speaking.

Inexcusable coming from an AAA dev with a greenlight to get whatever budget they want.

Step your shit up. Why is a small team like Striking Distance putting out infinitely better looking games than you?

Enough.
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

I'm just so shocked how many quality mech games I've found since this announcement. Hard to tide me over. And unbelievable there's no backwards compatibility with old games

Shubh_C63

The map scope of these battles will be insane.

just have been catching up on AC4 and AClore in general. Its insane to think what what this FROM can do when even AC4 had these large open areas.

Knightime_X

After the reputation FromSoft has made for themselves, I'll wait and see how this turns out.
Busting your balls to git gud only to not want to play again is a terrible look for replay and fun factor.

Last edited:

sachos

Its hard to see exactly whats going on due to the big watermark and compression artifacts but you can get a sense for what they are going for. Nice huge boss battles, and varied sci fi landscapes. Can't wait to see what FromSoft does with it with 10 years of experience in level, boss and gameplay design from their Souls games.
Now, are people seriously shiting on the game already based on this shitty screenshots? No wonder devs hate leaks.

Fbh

I kinda feel like you get to see more in the smaller pictures with the watermark than these big pixaleted ones with blurry lines
screenshot2022-01-08a9skow.png

Will be interesting to see how this lands with the masses considering its not like souls games at all and they have never reviewed that great

It will be interesting seeing how the entire game in general will turn out.
It has been like 10 years since their last Armored Core and I doubt they'll just replicate the old 65% metascore formula 1:1.
Not to mention the director seems to have joined FROM during their Souls era (has credits from Dark Souls onwards) so he might also bring a fresh perspective

I kinda feel like you get to see more in the smaller pictures with the watermark than these big pixaleted ones with blurry lines
screenshot2022-01-08a9skow.png

It will be interesting seeing how the entire game in general will turn out.
It has been like 10 years since their last Armored Core and I doubt they'll just replicate the old 65% metascore formula 1:1.
Not to mention the director seems to have joined FROM during their Souls era (has credits from Dark Souls onwards) so he might also bring a fresh perspective

Anything Fromsoftware puts out at this point is an insta-buy regardless so im excited to see what they do with it. I wonder if this can become an actual second pillar franchise for them

Last edited:

Saber

Looks awesome to me. Pictures doesnt look high quality, must be just a display video and not gameplay, hence the slashs(some kind of computer effect). But since its a leak I cant ask much. Probably will look miles better when its releases.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yup thats Aromored Core alright.

Into my viens...reminds me of Iron Blooded Orphan.
Armored Cores are very different to Gundams.
Unless you mean simply the fact they are giant robots = Gundams.
Which is fair, I know people who saw Ghost of Tsushima and thought oyy this reminds me of Ninja Gaiden.
Yeah they both holding swords but not really.

sachos

Imagine a 360-degree Space Boss Battle with Sekiro like melee combat on top of all your mecha missiles and machineguns coupled with a Itano Circus like battle goiong on in the background.

Last edited:
Yup thats Aromored Core alright.

Armored Cores are very different to Gundams.
Unless you mean simply the fact they are giant robots = Gundams.
Which is fair, I know people who saw Ghost of Tsushima and thought oyy this reminds me of Ninja Gaiden.
Yeah they both holding swords but not really.
More so the setting not the mechs themselves...the factory like setting in a seemingly apocolyptic world is very Iron blood esque...or even gurren laggan. Thats a bit more saturated in tone...I even get evangelion vibes from it which wouldn't surprise me given from soft taking inspiration from other japanese auteurs.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
More so the setting not the mechs themselves...the factory like setting in a seemingly apocolyptic world is very Iron blood esque...or even gurren laggan. Thats a bit more saturated in tone...I even get evangelion vibes from it which wouldn't surprise me given from soft taking inspiration from other japanese auteurs.
I take it we didnt watch the same Iron Blooded Orphans.

Mobile%2BSuit%2BGundam%2BIron-Blooded%2BOrphans.jpg

They had a frikken farm.
Most of the world we got to witness was actually pretty sweet beyond the wars and all.
Space was actually fucked up for once in a Gundam series.

Last edited:
No one cares Armored Core, but now From Software is very popular, is interesting ?
The power of massive sales and fame. If you were in charge of a dev team that just made you so many sale numbers to the point where it might be your new biggest franchise, you would give them the greenlight on anything they asked for, including a 10 year old obscure IP. If only the same could happen with The RE team and Dino Crisis.

Fbh

The power of massive sales and fame. If you were in charge of a dev team that just made you so many sale numbers to the point where it might be your new biggest franchise, you would give them the greenlight on anything they asked for, including a 10 year old obscure IP. If only the same could happen with The RE team and Dino Crisis.

To be fair to Bandai Namco, considering this is coming out next year and these leaked screenshots have been doing the rounds since January, this game was definitely approved way before they knew just how big of a success Elden Ring was going to be.

But then again it's also worth keeping in mind that even before Elden Ring FROM was already a way different and more prestigious studio than when they launched their previous Armored Core. Dark Souls 3 sales might not have been as crazy as those of Elden Ring but it's still a 10+ million seller.

Top Bottom