• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Test Punch Announced May 26-28, June 2-4

Who da hell is Biff lol

00000613_07.jpg

jwk94

Looks like the Testpunch characters are:

- Spring Man
- Ribbon Girl
- Ninjara
- Mummy Man
- Min Min
- The robot girl
- Helix (DNA Man)

I was hoping that we'd get some kind of demo. I'm interested in trying it out for sure, because while the game looks interesting, I'm not quite sold yet.

-GJ-

Here are the dates for the Netherlands (Europe?)

img_8205ccjjm.png

I can't seem to find it in the eShop though, even though they said it would be available directly after the Direct.

Glad we're getting two weekends for it, as I probably won't be able to make the first. Still, that's a dozen hours of Arms if you're in NA and are enough of a die-hard to try to hit every session (I hit five out of six in Splatoon 2, and I know I'm not alone).

When the demo is finally available, somebody check if it lets you do the tutorial just to flail your arms at your leisure, or if everything is locked behind the menu screen until the servers are up (which I expect to be the case given the precedent of how Splatoon does things).

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hate these 1 hour demos Nintendo does. I missed out on Splatoon 2 because of it too but at least there seem to be more times available this time around.

Would it kill Nintendo to have it up for the whole day?

vareon

I hate these 1 hour demos Nintendo does. I missed out on Splatoon 2 because of it too but at least there seem to be more times available this time around.

It's a server stress test, you need as many concurrent players as possible.

That would be counter to the point of the testpunch. It's meant to be a stress-test on the servers. So you have to get as many people on as possible at once.

Ashodin

As someone who has only barely played Overwatch, could you elaborate?

The clear direction and design for marketable, memorable characters, with the bouncy colorful design (which Nintendo excels at in spades), and yes even waifus. The competitive nature is very similar to Overwatch in that there will be a great community built around this game. Having their test weekend on the same as Overwatch (competing for your time irregardless they are on different platforms) is just an indicator of what they're aiming for.

The theme in the menu is sooooo good. Gonna pop in and listen to it like I did with the splatoon 2 testifier download.

OMG the vocal theme is in there and it is SO GOOD.

Top Bottom