• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Test Punch Announced May 26-28, June 2-4

sanstesy

Really cool that they do this. I'm not into fighting games so I would have never bought this without having tried a demo first.

The Giant

Banned
Here's the aussie times

27/05 10:00 AEST
27/05 22:00 AEST
28/05 04:00 AEST
28/05 10:00 AEST
28/05 22:00 AEST
29/05 04:00 AEST
03/06 10:00 AEST
03/06 22:00 AEST
04/06 04:00 AEST
04/06 10:00 AEST
04/06 22:00 AEST
05/06 04:00 AEST

The demo is 1.4 GB, and the eShop description states that all ten characters are in, as well as Hoops. I expect the full game's file size won't be much larger, as there can't be that much data unaccounted for in the demo build other than stage artwork (if we are only getting a limited stage rotation).

Ashodin

The demo is 1.4 GB, and the eShop description states that all ten characters are in, as well as Hoops. I expect the full game's file size won't be much larger, as there can't be that much data unaccounted for in the demo build other than stage artwork (if we are only getting a limited stage rotation).

hoops is in? aww fuck yeah

Enforced

Worldwide timetable of ARMS Global Testpunch rounds. Made by Cheesemeister
DAEUhBiVoAAAq7i.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/864995372300615684

Downloading now, looks like this summer is just gonna be me playing fighting games with this and Injustice.

Really impressed with what's coming after the Direct. Lots of content and free DLC? Yes, please. NRS and Nintendo doing work with the genre.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the eShop? I'm on the west coast of the US. EDIT: A system restart fixed my problem.

Coffinhal

Great move, pro-consumer*, will definitely try it and if I'm satisfied it'll probably be day one

*even if it's a stress-test for them and not a real demo...

Plum

If you let it idle at the menu, it'll load up random fights for a few seconds. Game looks great running on the system.

Damn, it really does. Seems like they've implemented some proper AA this time. Definitely the cleanest Nintendo game on the system so far.

_Clash_

Here's the aussie times

27/05 10:00 AEST
27/05 22:00 AEST
28/05 04:00 AEST
28/05 10:00 AEST
28/05 22:00 AEST
29/05 04:00 AEST
03/06 10:00 AEST
03/06 22:00 AEST
04/06 04:00 AEST
04/06 10:00 AEST
04/06 22:00 AEST
05/06 04:00 AEST

Love the 10pm spot

ggx2ac

I'm watching the demo scenes at the menu of the ARMS global testpunch.

It's hyping me to want to play now but I have to wait for that schedule.

During one of the demo scenes you can see how the frame rate is 30fps for 4 player split screen and also aside from 1v1 and 2v2 matches, it seems you can have a three way free for all.

Luigi87

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/865499795535699968

Players in lobbies will randomly be paired in seemingly random modes, while the rules for each mode will be automatically set. So the Test Punch won't just be 1 on 1 fights but will also include the alternative modes, at minimum V-Ball is also available.

This is probably good for the Test Punch, just to ensure the various modes are tested, and one mode type doesn't lack people queuing up for matches.

B00TE

I'm down with this. Least I still get to play Min Min. Wonder if that warm up thing will let us practice a bit or just toss us straight in. Would prefer the former, but I'm not opposed to a trial by fire with everyone else lol.

Also, has anybody loaded up the ARMS Testpunch yet? If you leave it alone it shows you some computer controlled games, maybe they are replays. Looks even more amazing

So I hit download on this but the download must have failed, but now when I go back in the eShop it shows as purchased with no download button and the game isn't appearing on my system menu either. Did anyone else run into this issue or have any clue how to redownload this?

Ninja Dom

So I hit download on this but the download must have failed, but now when I go back in the eShop it shows as purchased with no download button and the game isn't appearing on my system menu either. Did anyone else run into this issue or have any clue how to redownload this?

No it downloaded and started up fine for me. But of course it isn't live so I couldn't progress.

Delete the download and retry. It should be fine.

No it downloaded and started up fine for me. But of course it isn't live so I couldn't progress.

Delete the download and retry. It should be fine.
There isn't a download of it showing up in my system memory though. It's like the eShop thinks it downloaded but it actually didn't.

NeoRausch

There isn't a download of it showing up in my system memory though. It's like the eShop thinks it downloaded but it actually didn't.
Yeah, the eshop on switch sometimes has those strange hickups. Happened to me with Thumper.
I just restarted the system and it showed up.

Top Bottom