• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASH Archaic Sealed Heat [DS] new screens

ethelred

This game looks ridiculously great. And Hideo Minaba is fast cementing himself as one of my favorite video game artists, right behind Manabu Kusunoki and Hiroshi Minagawa.

KyanMehwulfe said:
Sakimoto soundtrack: truth?

Truth.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
So its SRPG map with turn-based battles between units....mmm I hope they can pull it with small loading times and so, I don't like long or tedious battle systems. Artwork is very good, I hope the first piece is the final boxart.

Has there ever been load times on a DS game?

zurra

FlashbladeGAF said:
Has there ever been load times on a DS game?
Ninja Gaiden demo had some, which makes no sense and better get ironed out...

Back to ASH though.... H O T

Durante

Looks great for a DS game. The only potential (visual, since I don't know how it plays yet) problem I see is some disconnect between the CG, in-battle and SRPG-map character art.

vareon

Pureauthor said:
Technically every game has load times. But as far as noticeable load times go, I remember FFIIIDS standing out.

A few seconds before every battle, which gets tedious when grinding.

Anyway, I love this. It wasn't long ago when I had given hope on "Mistwalker's DS SRPG named ASH", and then suddenly we got scans showing some hotness :D

the last 5 years have spawned some of the worst game titles ever:

"em enchanted arms"?
"baten kaitos"?
"trusty bell"?
"ASH Archaic Sealed Heat"?

the list is huge.

Barkley's Justice said:

"em enchanted arms"?
"baten kaitos"?
"trusty bell"?

the list is huge.

Because old school game names like Dragon Quest, Pong, Final Fantasy, and Super Mario Bros. make perfect sense.

Barkley's Justice said:

"em enchanted arms"?
"baten kaitos"?
"trusty bell"?

the list is huge.

ASH is a perfect name, what's wrong with it?

19011_n20070806_05_ash_01.jpg

COSPLAYERS. GET ON THIS.

Jiggy

Every other character design is outclassed by the main character. Of course, maybe that's the point since she's the empress and can wear and get away with the bizarre outfits that nobody else can, but just saying.

In any case, I hope this game turns out to be the success that it looks like and that it wants to be, both sales-wise and in its quality.

ethelred

plank said:
looks like an NES game.

Edit: Sorry, what I said wasn't polite. Let me rephrase.

Did your parents drop you on your head a lot as a child? Did you ingest paint chips on regular basis?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
jj984jj said:
:lol @ Nights. It's mix of a SRPG and turn-based combat, when you engage an enemy you get into a turn based battle instead of the computer battling for you.

As for DQ, all signs are pointing to a delay so I guess we'll find out at TGS.
So basically it's like Tactics Ogre on the map then you engage and it turns into FFVI? I think I'm going to faint. Brilliant combination.

This makes me want an Ogre Battle game but this is a good substitute.

There's no way they can pull that off on the DS. Never mind the battle scenes. I'm talking about the CG parts.

There's no way. It's bullshit, right?

Amir0x

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
There's no way they can pull that off on the DS. Never mind the battle scenes. I'm talking about the CG parts.

There's no way. It's bullshit, right?

why would CG and pre-rendered be impossible to pull off on DS?

that's probably one of the least technically intensive things of all!

Cruceh

Banned
Isn't ASH the one that debuts the 2gb ds carts? Or was that DQIX? That could help with all the cutscenes it appears to have.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
John Dunbar said:
I would love to see some hentai based on this.
I have no idea if you're basing this on earlier screens or the one rakka just posted... but I am positive the one rakka showed, it's a male.

bard

Call me mad for noticing this instead of staring at the girl, but the logo has been changed a bit. OMG CONSPIRACY!

ash-logos.jpg

Saitou

Banned
Ugh, man. Am I the only one that dislikes the character design? It hits me in my Uncanny Valley :(

Still, instabuy.

Top Bottom