• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashes of the Singularity - Alpha Founder's Pack Available Now.

Store page

Ashes_Battle_07.jpg
Ashes_Battle_09.jpg

Similar to Galactic Civilizations III Ashes of the Singularity now has two pre-order options. One for 45 dollars that includes alpha access(which you can play now) or an edition for 100 dollars that will grant access to all future dlc and expansions in addition to the alpha.

Gameplay FAQ

What to expect in the Alpha
At this very early stage in Ashes development we promise that alpha players will run into crashes, bugs and game balance issues. There are a limited set of features and game modes available to allow for early feedback on gameplay and compatibility testing.
Skirmish mode against a basic scripted opponent (true AI opponent is yet to be implemented)
1v1 Multiplayer
3 small-medium size maps that can be played in either Single or Multiplayer
If you're a hardcore RTS gamer AND your hardware meets the specs below then we encourage you to join the Founder's Alpha today and start playing.
System Requirements
These are the absolute MINIMUM System Requirements for the Alpha

Absolute Minimum:
64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10 OS
Quad Core CPU
8 GB Memory
2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card
1920x1080 Display Resolution
High-speed Internet Connection

We Recommend:
64-bit Windows 7 / 8 / 10 OS
i7 (or equivalent) CPU
8 GB Memory
4 GB DirectX 11 Video Card
1920x1080 Display Resolution
High-speed Internet Connection

Wow, I hadn't heard of this before; very strong SupCom vibes from it, which is great as Forged Alliance is pretty much my most played RTS ever.

Azulsky

Company of Heroes feel to the pacing. Very mad dash from the get go or fall behind..

Resources are Metal, Reactives, Logistics, and Power

Metal and Resources are distributed in nodes along a network throughout the map. You need to connect the different nodes(through capturing the hubs) in order to collect the different resources.

Logistics is your unit cap.

Power you get from controlling the hubs along the network. You cap by having units present near the hub.

I'm having issues launching the DX12 version. I think i should be okay with my 780 series. Currently getting the 'missing executable' error.

They are using the QWER hotkey system for buildings and units similar to Grey Goo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So any impressions from Gaffers so far? What about DirectX 12?

DirectX 12 support isn't quite live yet. The launch option is there in Steam, but at present the data is limited to the branches intended for developers and, as of yesterday, media outlets. A patch for us Regular Joes will be pushed out on the 20th.

benches are up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-ashes-of-the-singularity-dx12-benchmark-tested

Our take? Well, we've been vocal about our need for AMD to up its game in terms of the efficiency of its driver when evidence emerged of it holding back the performance level of its excellent hardware on less capable processors. If there's one big positive here, it's that with DX12, the firm has jumped back into contention - performance is always king and this is a crucial step forward. With regards Nvidia's puzzling performance, we were hoping that looking at performance in context with our tools would help, but the results we were able to glean defy our best attempts at analysis. Quite frankly, the notion of DX12 running slower than DX11 in some scenarios isn't what we expected to see. Whether it's a game-specific issue, or a driver-related one, you can be sure that Nvidia's engineering team are digging deep into this benchmark now in an effort to figure out what's going on. We'll update with any news.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ted-Ashes-Singularity-Benchmark/Closing-Thoug

So does the Ashes of the Singularity give us the answers on what to expect going forward for the new API? Only from a certain point of view of course – as I said at the beginning of this story it is only one game and only one engine. It can’t predict what Unreal, Unity, and others will ultimately do and how they will perform. But it does give us an incredibly interesting window to what could happen. AMD would love to see a leveling of the playing field or even a hardware advantage thanks to DX12 and the work it put into low level APIs all those years ago. NVIDIA needs to prove that its lower than expected DX12 scaling is more about its massive investment in DX11 and not about its inability to get off on the right foot of this new API that will continue to grow and gain traction with gamers, media and developers.

Obviously we’ll hold off on making any hard decision until we see a handful more DX12-ready games filter their way to us, but the Ashes of the Singularity benchmark has certain got us intrigued about this future for PC gaming.

http://www.computerbase.de/2015-08/...diagramm-ashes-of-the-singularity-3840-x-2160

Die Einzelergebnisse verraten erneut: Je weniger Draw Calls in der dargestellten Szene vorhanden sind, desto mehr gerät die GeForce-Karte unter DirectX 12 in Schwierigkeiten. Mit vielen Draw Calls ist DirectX 12 mindestens DirectX 11 ebenbürtig, meist schneller. Schon bei den mittleren Draw-Call-Szenen ist dagegen DirectX 11 schneller. Bei AMD sieht die Situation erneut anders aus. Die Radeon-Beschleuniger sind unter DirectX 12 durchweg schneller, auch bei wenig dargestellten Draw Calls.

Trying with my rusty german knowledge: Nvidia GPUs having problems in DX12 with low amount of draw calls, with high amount it's equal to DX11 and with medium amount DX11 is faster. AMD cards with DX12 are faster in every way than DX11.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...ead?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

As things stand right now, AMD showcases the kind of performance that DirectX 12 can deliver over DirectX 11, and Nvidia offers more consistent performance between the two APIs. Nvidia’s strong performance in DX11, however, is overshadowed by negative scaling in DirectX 12 and the complete non-existence of any MSAA bug. Given this, it’s hard not to think that Nvidia’s strenuous objections to Ashes had more to do with its decision to focus on DX11 performance over DX12 or its hardware’s lackluster performance when running in that API.

feel free to make a thread once the site is back to normal

Top Bottom