• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ashton Kutcher as Steve Jobs in 'Jobs'

Status
Not open for further replies.
heres-the-latest-photo-of-ashton-kutcher-as-steve-jobs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3omu844Rrmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWcrM5SRCQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b63mXn7vv7A

I was listening to some tracks from the Social Network, and the sidebar led me to 'JOBS', starring Ashton Kutcher.

I'm sorry, I still see Kelso here. It did seem like Ashton Kutcher tried really hard. What'd you guys think of Kelso as Jobs?

btrboyev

Personally think the movie got way too much hate. Ashton played a better Steve jobs than Fassbender...sorry it's true.

sfedai0

Banned
He was fine imo. Looking the part is just as important as the acting. Fassbender looks like Fassbender more than Kutcher looking like Kutcher.

Did this make more money than Boyle's?

EDIT: I was just joking, but it seems for the moment yes. This movie actually made a little money.

Willectro

Banned
Might be a dumb question, but why have there been 2 (at least?) major Jobs movies recently? Are they different periods of his life or did Kutcher fuck up?

Apt101

I tried to watch this. It is way, way overly sentimental. And Ashton just could not sell the part - all I saw the entire time was Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs. I was never sold the illusion. And I came in with high hopes - I don't think Kutcher is as bad as some (hell, many) say he is, though I do not think he's great, and I know next to nothing about Jobs's life outside of the major bullet points related to business. Really disappointed. It's a terrible film.

Different studios wanting slices of the same pie.

If I recall that other Jobs flick was hobbled together in a day or two story wise and rushed to production as an almost cynical attempt to be the first to make a movie about him, any movie, regardless of artistic merit or quality. I suppose they missed the fact that Jobs had already been portrayed in some made for TV series.

Both of the SJ movies are Pirates of Silicon Valley with a worse plot, no Microsoft, and far, far less accuracy.

So, go see Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's actually good and The Jobsman invited that movie's Steve to start a keynote back in the day.

Can't say that about the other Steves!

Both of the SJ movies are Pirates of Silicon Valley with a worse plot, no Microsoft, and far, far less accuracy.

So, go see Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's actually good and The Jobsman invited that movie's Steve to start a keynote back in the day.

Uh, no shit the actors to portray Steve Jobs after his death weren't invited by Steve Jobs to start a keynote.

A-V-B

...there's...

probably a reason for that

They weren't as good. Dohhh hoh hoh

alterno69

Banned
I caught the last act of the movie yesterday, never saw it before, Kurcher was abysmal, that youtube clip of him walking around Apple was terrible, why tey to imitate the walk when most of us have no idea how the real Jobs actually walked AND it looks that stupid.

In the 30 or so minutes i saw there wasn't a single scene where Kutcher didn't look like he was trying way too hard and ended up looking like an idiot.

Terrible movie.

Yo my boy kutcher did excellent as steve jobs. that walking gait is because he's a professional. Mimicking jobs look is because he's a professional.

- J - D -

I don't understand how Kutcher watched keynotes, interviews, and other vids of Jobs and decided that the slow, labored, soft-spoken, and breathy line delivery he went with in the movie was any match to Steve's actual speaking style.

Kutcher's Steve Jobs comes off as incredibly milquetoast compared to the real deal.

Eiolon

I didn't like the movie. I didn't think it was bad though. Some of you guys make it sound like it's worse than Pluto Nash.

nynt9

While he looks more like Jobs than Fassbender, he's nowhere near as good in the role. Fassbender even did a different voice the entire movie to sound more like Jobs. And Kutcher looks really awkward and uncomfortable. It's like he's playing a bad parody of the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom