• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection - Announcement Trailer

NBtoaster

Man theyre going to look bad if the improvements to textures, lighting and LOD don't come to the PC when those in Bioshock and Skyrim are, and for free at that.

Angry Fork

People are going to be unpleasantly surprised by how dated the controls/animations feel compared to Unity/Syndicate. For all the shit the modern games get the level of control is way better now. I still think AC2/Brotherhood were the best in the series but I wish they'd change/add modern day animations then it would be better.

What type of logic is Ubisoft thinking. Releasing this collection on the same day as Watch Dog 2 their upcoming sequel? Also, the amount of heavy hitting new games releasing this fall?
sSmBzlb.png

Lister

Banned
Man theyre going to look bad if the improvements to textures, lighting and LOD don't come to the PC when those in Bioshock and Skyrim are, and for free at that.

I haven't played the game ina looong time, but I'm not convinced that these "improvements ot textures" aren't already part of the Pc version.

Anyone willing to install and put up some comparison with the PC version?

If not I'll do it tonight.

The thing I'm most interested in finding out is if they've done anything to the draw distance in AC2. It was extremely low, even on foot and could not be changed on the PC version. The new textures are an improvement, but at the same time I feel that they sort of clash with the character models. The game looks dated, but even back when it came out it I thought it looked worse than AC1.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't recall if this is the exact reason, but I think the Animus makes them speak that way since the user doesn't speak Italian themselves.

Yeah, if memory serves, the Animus analyses speech and translates for the user, however the are "glitches" here and there, which results in the occasional native-language phrase slipping through.

NBtoaster

I haven't played the game ina looong time, but I'm not convinced that these "improvements ot textures" aren't already part of the Pc version.

Anyone willing to install and put up some comparison with the PC version?

If not I'll do it tonight.

The pc version has the same mushy faces as the 360. It had essentially no improvements to the visuals outside of image quality.

Coxy100

Banned
This thing is coming out in less than 2 weeks? Anyone getting it?

I'd only buy it if it runs at native 4K on PS4Pro.

Yep getting it for my PS4 - not at launch, will wait for price to drop a bit as its a remaster...

These are my favourite Creed games so looking forward to them on the current generation again.

Just hoping it's a decent remaster for a change..

Top Bottom