• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection - Announcement Trailer

dex3108

Well there it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZPQ2ijCgVw

US Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjCC7Uwnj0

So I went back and watched the cutscenes on pc to find like for like scenes. Seems like they redid a lot of the texture work and lighting in AC2. Some quick and dirty comparisons.

screenshot2016-09-13a9mu0b.png

screenshot2016-09-13a41uyq.png

screenshot2016-09-13az4uo1.png

screenshot2016-09-13axouh9.png

screenshot2016-09-13aoluk7.png

screenshot2016-09-13a7pujp.png

screenshot2016-09-13asiu1x.png

screenshot2016-09-13albuah.png

screenshot2016-09-13afqu9x.png

screenshot2016-09-13achukj.png

screenshot2016-09-13av0u4z.png

screenshot2016-09-13avzue7.png

With faces that move like that I can't imagine rebuilding the models and reusing the animation data would go over well. >_> Add these comparisons to the OP?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, no PC release, apparently. I was hoping for a correctly-functioning PC version of AssCreed 2.

Calibos

Excellent trio of games. Worth it for new players, but not sure if it would be worth it for the upgrades. They were my favorite in the series because the sorytelling and gameplay were pretty spot on.

Bah, no PC version, apparently. I was hoping for a correctly-functioning PC version of AssCreed 2.
What's wrong with it? Played through it last year and it seemed fine. Shadow draw distance was shit but eh.

30fps is very, VERY disappointing. Especially with the upgrade not looking particularly huge.

mitx

Didn't remember the faces looking so bad..

I don't think i can go back to those games, but that trailer made me miss Ezio..

I loved all these games at release, but I could not imagine buying this and playing through them all again back to back to back.

I was going to say this. They're all very, veeeery similar, and playing them one after the other would be a real slog. All that trademark Ubisoft bar-filling and checklist-ticking. All those towers. I guess if you just wanted to blast through the main story it might be OK.

Hjod

Banned
Ehh no.

Even though I enjoyed them when they first were released I won't be double dipping this time. And 30fps? Come on.

No multiplayer, hardly much of an upgrade, if any, 30fps? lol.

They are some of my favorite games, especially AC2, but yeah...This collection seems pretty effortless.

Might pick it up when it's on sale for $10 in a years time.

Still no Rogue on current gen then

I finally played Rogue recently on PC, was always hoping for a PS4 remaster but gave up. Its... not that good. I like to think of it as AC4, but with the Carribean replaced by Canada, the pirates replaced by Canadians, and the redcoats replaced by The French. Soooo... yeah.

I mean its worth a play through for any AC fan, but it was pretty boring and has all the usual AC flaws without anything really that interesting going for it.

Its too bad this trilogy is kinda weak, I mean I'll probably pick it up when its $10-15 digitally - 3 or 4 months after release - and I'm sure it'll be fun, but it looks like the remaster with the least amount of effort to date.

It's weird how some games are being remastered by stripped of multiplayer.
Bioshock 2
AC 2/Brotherhood.

I imagine if DeadSpace2 gets a HD port it will be removed as well.

Top Bottom