• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection - Announcement Trailer

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The people complaining about the lack of multiplayer surprise me. It was fun in the beginning until everyone started running around like idiots which defeated the entire purpose of the multiplayer.

People just stunned their way to level 50.

I remember the "You have been stunned!" message over and over.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am kinda excited about this, but it looks like it is being done in the cheapest way possible with no effort to make it something decent.

Reminds me of the Splinter Cell trilogy on PS3. Terrible (although playable) port.

Hasney

lol, after the response to Unity and then Syndicate being well recieved, but selling terribly, you would have thought they would give this the gold treatment to get people to buy back in. Now it looks like even the people that buy this will be disappointed.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hated it because it was a fucking grindfest to get the platinum in AC:Brotherhood.

However, if they included it and attached no achievements to it.

By all means.
I know this feeling.

That's why I only did the multiplayer achievements for ACIII and Revelations. It's not the multiplayer's fault, just my obsessive compulsion to get 100% on games I really like.

RiZ III

Looks like all they're doing is simply upping the resolution? Even the shadow resolution looked the same as before. Really disappointment.. but dat Jesper Kydd soundtrack. I wish they would bring him back for future games.

If there were improvements here and there (ACII level select, for one) I'd be all over it. Can't complain too much about the graphics, don't want them to go all batman on us.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I never played an Assassin Creed more then 30 minutes.

Can I play this without having played AC1?

2 quite literally picks up from where 1 leaves off, but there aren't a lot of relevant story beats. There's probably a recap video on YouTube somewhere that'd fill you in just fine.

Nokterian

Hardly (if at all) touched up graphics, 30fps, no multiplayer.

raw

Woah no multiplayer in brotherhood? Well no buy from me then.

PowderedToast

AC2 was a big step down from AC1 because of the real time lighting

that's probably why people think it looked better than it did. AC1 has aged really well in comparison.

Alx

2 quite literally picks up from where 1 leaves off, but there aren't a lot of relevant story beats. There's probably a recap video on YouTube somewhere that'd fill you in just fine.

It's not like the general plot matters much anyway. "the sect of Assassins and the sect of Templars are fighting each other and looking for some magical McGuffin". That's all I took from the plot and it was good enough for me. I never spent more time out of the animus than I had to anyway.

If they really want this to be the entire history of Ezio, they should've added the Embers short film. Otherwise, Revelations just sort of, ends.

kevin1025

Banned
Releasing it against their big open world game for the fall is a weird choice. I'd be happy to play through these games again, maybe in the spring I'll jump in there once I get through the insane amount of games coming between now and April.

free movie ticket...up to 8 dollars total value. When was the last time a movie cost 8 fucking dollars in california, I cant even remember. Its 12-15 by me now

Toa TAK

Banned
free movie ticket...up to 8 dollars total value. When was the last time a movie cost 8 fucking dollars in california, I cant even remember. Its 12-15 by me now
I know that some of the Regeal/Edwards Theaters do $7 Tuesdays. That could help out.

I feel your pain, though.

60$ for this is ridiculous, each of those games are like 5$ used now and they have barely updated a damn thing and the dlc for all of those games is just meh at best if not outright terrible.

If you want to charge 60$ at least throw in Black Flag and Rogue, I hope this doesn't sell at all if Ubisoft is going to do that lazy of a job on this port.

It's not like the general plot matters much anyway. "the sect of Assassins and the sect of Templars are fighting each other and looking for some magical McGuffin". That's all I took from the plot and it was good enough for me. I never spent more time out of the animus than I had to anyway.

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't cared about the story in AC. :(

NewDust

Coming from ps3, I definitely see some improvements (not enough), but is sad to see that rhe DoF, aliasing and shadows still not play nicely with each other. Just look at the ropes from the hanging scene.

BigEmil

Seems like a lazy straight PC port at 30fps. Pass.
If it was atleast attempted to remaster like Batman Returns to Markham then I'd buy it.

Thank god for the no multiplayer, but this seems to me as a cheap cash grab! No effort at all, just a straight port of the old games. Definitely a pass for me, maybe some day for $10 or with plus.

Ataxia

Revelations was such trash. eeeeh. I don't suppose they reworked any of it to make the game less frustrating and annoying

Still... ACII was amazing. If it isn't full price I might consider picking this up. Though then again, isn't it already backwards compat on Xbox One? Eh.

rhandino

Banned
It's going to be fun reading people reactions to the Ezio games, I recently replayed them and my ranking would be

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood + DLC > Assassin's Creed: Revelations = Assassin's Creed II (unless you add DLC for II then II > Revelations)

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't cared about the story in AC. :(
To be fair the overarching story was fine until the ending of Assassin's Creed III shit the bed and forced them to try and fix the hole they dug up and they almost did it with ACIV and Rogue but then they double down with the mess with the introduction of
Sages
which, imho, seriously damaged Unity and Syndicate.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Maybe this collection will allow most of GAF to finally realise that AC Revelations was by FAR the worst game in the series.

Can't wait to play the other two.

EDIT: They don't look the best, might wait a bit on this.

NO MULTIPLAYER ������

Really the only way I think they could put the multiplayer into this collection would be by combining Brotherhood's and Revelation's multiplayer modes into one. Basically, use Revelations multiplayer as the base and add all the Brotherhood multiplayer content to it.

Including the multiplayer in this collection but not combining them would create this weird split player base scenario and since combining them is probably FAR more work than Ubi is willing to invest in this it's just easier to cut out multiplayer entirely. Having said that, they didn't include the classic Spy vs Mercs multiplayer in the HD remaster of Chaos Theory even though Spy vs Mercs multiplayer in CT basically has all the multiplayer content from Pandora Tomorrow in it as well, so who knows what Ubi is thinking...

Thank god it isn't there. I don't want my 1000/1000 fucked up by bullshit achievements because you know they would put those back in too.

Trophies are literally the only reason I'm even contemplating getting this.

I'm sure they can do 60fps for these games, but I think it's more of them wanting it to be out in conjunction with movie that comes out a few weeks later.

This is 100% what is happening here. There is no excuse for why these games cannot run at a rock solid 60fps on modern consoles.

all SP dlc is included I believe, just not MP from the amazon page.

Make history across 80 hours of gameplay including three complete games and all single-player add-on content previously released.

I don't see how they could justify releasing this collection without at least having all the dlc packed in.

Top Bottom