• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity Framerate Is “Atrocious”

I'll put this here too:

acuperformanceukotc.png

132.gif

Holy shit Ubisoft, what are you doing.

BBboy20

According to Totalbiscuit the PC version is also complete ass. You won't get a good experience with this game on any platform, unless the day 1 PC version patch is a miracle.
Guess PC players aren't the only ones feeling the pain.

That's one big croc of shit—acting as if it was a choice, rather than a technical decision. I would be fine if it ran at 30fps solid, or partly-solid, but it simply doesn't. How can one be so out of touch.
Why people still try to apply logic to these big publishers is beyond me.

Seems like AC3 all over again, the game clearly needs more dev time but ubi are going to force it out for holiday and we are left with a buggy mess that runs like dogshit.
Why bother if you're you decide on using dull design decisions?

Mohonky

So it's the cpu after all? I'm trying to keep up.

Basically. If you read the Digital Foundry analysis; the Xbone handles larger crowd scenes with a slight fps lead, where the game is more cpu bound. During cutscenes where the game is gpu limited, the PS4 runs much better.

Though lots of people are running with parity and MS monies as the reason so.....

Basically. If you read the Digital Foundry analysis; the Xbone handles larger crowd scenes with a slight fps lead, where the game is more cpu bound. During cutscenes where the game is gpu limited, the PS4 runs much better.

Though lots of people are running with parity and MS monies as the reason so.....

That's not really an accurate representation of DF's conclusions:

though it's hard to believe that even this combination of potential factors could explain the performance differential we see here in many places. Quite why PS4 isn't rendering at a higher resolution is certainly a bit of a puzzler - in addition to GPU resources, it is worth bearing in mind that memory could be a factor too, especially bearing in mind the complexity of Assassin's Creed Unity's next-gen renderer. Of course, the reality may be rather more mundane: we may simply be looking at a game where the developers ran out of time

m360

Got the time to Unity today for some Hours. And yep, the Framerat is sometimes really ridiculous ... between 15 und 30 fps. But even glitches happen often. In fights Arnos' sword, arm or legs often glitch through enemies entirely. I saw weapons float in the air right before the enemies that hold them. And while doing some of the dramatic cinematic kills, Arno pierces just the air but kills a guy that's standing 1 meter beside him while blood spreading right out of the air.

Novoitus

Banned
Sooo for anyone with the PC version, would running on my 770 and i7 4770k result in a better experience than I've had on the Ps4?

Thinking about returning it and just getting it on Steam if so.

(i got it on ps4 in the first place because i was impatient and wanted to play right away, whoops)

Skyzard

Banned
Is it really CPU bound?

I know PC CPUs are much better these days but people were getting big improvements dropping the resolution and less than like 50% utilization mostly.

w00zey

Decent chance that they'll patch it soon and fix it somewhat, but unlikely that it'll fix it completely. It'll probably always run kinda shitty

I'm alright with kinda shitty and 30 dollar entry point as I do enjoy the running/jumping/doing. Which I realize is unpopular on here. LOL.

Tried to strike up a conversation about this subject today at a local gamestore and the clerk told me everyone one else must have "bad copies" because his ps4 version "has all 60 frames and you can see the cloth flap in the wind." Yeah, I didn't get it either.

Foffy

Banned
Tried to strike up a conversation about this subject today at a local gamestore and the clerk told me everyone one else must have "bad copies" because his ps4 version "has all 60 frames and you can see the cloth flap in the wind." Yeah, I didn't get it either.

60 frames? On console?

What a funny clerk.

Alienous

I'd of been like:

weird-captain-america-face-smug-avengers-1351461564r.png

before walking out of the store.

Hell you don't even have to be in a crowded area for the FPS to dip. I was running around in the Cathedral mission and found a spot where the FPS totally takes a dump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIlZZQdKizg&feature=youtu.be

This has absolutely nothing to do with console power. This is their own engine buckling under some seriously messed up code or some serious bug. As it happens in a lot of areas.

There are these slideshow areas that seem to happen indoors, then you get the general poor performance in the 20s from the game just not being optimised. Two major problems that need fixing.

deeptech

Is it really CPU bound?

I know PC CPUs are much better these days but people were getting big improvements dropping the resolution and less than like 50% utilization mostly.

Stock 4670k gives me around 80-100fps @720p ultra-high preset in prologue level , and running around city gets just as low as 60fps with occasional drop to 57-58fps as game loads new assets. Usage is flat 100% among all 4 cores for the most part. I would say desktop CPU optimization is best of all AC games yet

deeptech

Ubisoft secret PR...
they're everywhere

welp after all this time i finally got hyped up again for an AC Title...And then all these negative occassions...

GTA 5 will be enough i guess

Top Bottom