• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Next Story Expansion, Judgment of Atlantis, Detailed in New Gameplay Trailer

Mista

Banned

Judgment of Atlantis is part three of the Fate of Atlantis story series and will allow players to learn more about the mysterious Isu race and its culture, and also Atlantis, an experimental city designed to allow Isu and Humans to coexist peacefully.

While it sounds nice on paper, Atlantis is corrupt and the Isu aren’t all so welcoming. Whether you’re playing as Kassandra or Alexios, your character is a human-isu hybrid. As a result, you play an important role in getting to the bottom of everything going wrong in the city and restore a sense of justice. Perhaps more interesting to gameplay focused players, you’ll continue to get access to new human-isu abilities as well.

Other than advancing the Atlantis storyline, there will be new Isu soldier enemies that will have tricky abilities such as teleportation that the player will have to contend with. And, while we’re still on the topic of abilities, there are also Keeper’s Insight tablets which will allow you to essentially supercharge three existing skills to new, more powerful heights.

pqueue

You know, I have to commend Ubisoft on how they have managed to extend the longevity of this game, going on 9 months now.
The content has been somewhat substantial, and fun, if you are willing to put the time into it.

Reactions: Isa
I hope they won't force me to marry anybody else than my actual wife this time around, I had to explain my choice to have kids the last time around, she is still upset at me!

Pagusas

Elden Member
Not even the context?.

I’d say it’s landscape/open world, narrative and story are the most “video game-y” of the whole series. It tries less than any other game to hide its game parts, in fact I’d dare say it flaunts them, with success. It’s like Assasins Creed stopped taking it self so seriously (while also still maintaining drama)

Not even the context?.
It's take place before Assassin guild was formed. Kassandra is merc with special power not Assassin. Game explains it clearly. Some people don't pay attention to story and then post nonsense.

Yes name is Assasin creed coz it lays foundation of future assassins.

Assassins creed always had super natural stuff. Apple of Eden and all the Isu stuff is part of it.

Atalantis DLC is their attempt to change some more stuff for sake of variety. Nothing wrong in it. AC games badly needed some changes as they were getting stale and losing fans.

AC origins and Odyssey brought life to franchise and more praise universally.

Lanrutcon

AC Odyssey is actually a good game if you consider it a spin off from Assassin's Creed

But in itself, it's a terrible AC

It's the best AC game by far. Only other game that even remotely has the right to step into the ring with it is AC2.

Competed Judgement of Atlantis. Fantastic DLC with great satisfactory ending. It also answers lot of questions about Isu that iam sure hardcore AC fans would love to know.

Go play it now bois and Girls.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Assassins Creed could go in any direction at this point, I think the series still represents stealth killing and exploring new destinations is ok.

scalman

Thats how you make new stories for open world game. They allways did amazing job there.

Last edited:

iorek21

It's the best AC game by far. Only other game that even remotely has the right to step into the ring with it is AC2.

What aspects of Odyssey makes you feel that?

I think that AC's roots were always about Social Stealth, some plataforming, Assassins vs Templars narrative and exploring historical periods. In Odyssey, I feel that they only nailed it on the historical aspect; its a huge game filled with mostly meaningless question marks locations, average main quest/side quests and a great focus in looting mechanics, seems like a weird crossover between Destiny and The Witcher 3 (minus great characters and plot).

Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3, Black Flag and Origins get much closer to AC2's level of quality than Odyssey, IMO

I think that AC's roots were always about Social Stealth, some plataforming, Assassins vs Templars narrative and exploring historical periods. In Odyssey, I feel that they only nailed it on the historical aspect; its a huge game filled with mostly meaningless question marks locations, average main quest/side quests and a great focus in looting mechanics, seems like a weird crossover between Destiny and The Witcher 3 (minus great characters and plot).

Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3, Black Flag and Origins get much closer to AC2's level of quality than Odyssey, IMO
You missing the point with Odyssey. It's an Origin story for Isu and Ancestors of all the Assassins. It uses name coz it's the story of Assasins but shows how they were formed. Cult and Atlantis Endings and DLC explains it all

Kassandra bloodline started it all and she was Merc who was blessed by Gods. Atlantis final DLC will explain who and why Kassandra exist and who are the Isu.

Also AC sales were going down as people were tired of old AC formula but Origins and Odyssey brought back new life in series. AC Odyssey was the only AC game nominated for GOTY since AC2

more pointless grinding,after 30 min I stopped,I couldn't continue when I saw again how many things you need to do just for some lame reward,maybe when I will have more time I will finish it,I'm burned out by this game,you do the same things over and over again.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

So I never liked social stealth, as it was implemented poorly. A little more believably was needed in terms of what works/when it works/etc. It needed a disguise system or something.

Platforming is fine, I see that Odyssey made it waaaaay easier and that might irk some folks. Platforming was never a draw for me: it's a means to get to the good stuff as opposed to being the good stuff.

I would like the fantasy side dialed down and the historic side brought back. Always cool to learn some stuff about foreign cultures and their hsitory.

What gets me hard is loot. It's fighting. It's exploration. It's progression. I will spend hours trekking across the world just randomly doing shit. Oh look, weird tomb hidden behind a hill? Outstanding. New fort on the mountain top? brilliant. Sunken ship? neato. New skin for my helmet? Fuckin A. I like building my character with a ton of options and then seeing how they do. I like refining builds, farming for optimum gear, 100%-ing regions. So mechanically: Odyssey is amazing to me.

On top of all that Odyssey is amazing looking, has great voice acting, interesting side quests, a lot of ways to approach content, a lot of content to approach and I liked the main character (I played Kassandra).

Only complaints I have is the weird first DLC baby storyline (which feels rushed), the modern day flashbacks (I couldn't care less) and the general AC storyline which I think is so far beyond saving at this point they might as well just start making fantasy RPGs.

iorek21

So I never liked social stealth, as it was implemented poorly. A little more believably was needed in terms of what works/when it works/etc. It needed a disguise system or something.

Platforming is fine, I see that Odyssey made it waaaaay easier and that might irk some folks. Platforming was never a draw for me: it's a means to get to the good stuff as opposed to being the good stuff.

I would like the fantasy side dialed down and the historic side brought back. Always cool to learn some stuff about foreign cultures and their hsitory.

What gets me hard is loot. It's fighting. It's exploration. It's progression. I will spend hours trekking across the world just randomly doing shit. Oh look, weird tomb hidden behind a hill? Outstanding. New fort on the mountain top? brilliant. Sunken ship? neato. New skin for my helmet? Fuckin A. I like building my character with a ton of options and then seeing how they do. I like refining builds, farming for optimum gear, 100%-ing regions. So mechanically: Odyssey is amazing to me.

On top of all that Odyssey is amazing looking, has great voice acting, interesting side quests, a lot of ways to approach content, a lot of content to approach and I liked the main character (I played Kassandra).

Only complaints I have is the weird first DLC baby storyline (which feels rushed), the modern day flashbacks (I couldn't care less) and the general AC storyline which I think is so far beyond saving at this point they might as well just start making fantasy RPGs.

Yeah, the playground in Odyssey is pretty neat, and the customization/looting aspect has a lot of depth and it's very enjoyable to play it. So I understand your point of view.

Guess it's all about taste, really. Maybe the old formula is just too dear for me (and for some others) to let it go, but I also believe that Ubi should step up on their content variety for AC Vikings (or whatever it'll be called).

If they get to improve overall animations, content and storytelling, then things will look very well for AC's future

Top Bottom